MG34 and MG42 replacement sound file mod

RockinHarry

I know there´s already a couple floating around, but I had to try. Figured ingame ROF for MG42 is set at 1200 (50ms) and MG34 at 850 (70ms) RPM exactly. Single shot replaced with x2 file to avoid that odd mixup and stutter. Anybody likes to try?

I deliberately set these somewhat low on bass to give a more distant sound, yet the MG42 rips still into the face. Sound file sources is from CMBB (MG42) and ripped from YT live fire footage (MG34).

MG34 has two variations. Unzip/unrar into data/z as usual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmvj4p7rl1osuiu/RHZ_MG 34 %26 MG 42 Replacement.rar?dl=0

Edited by RockinHarry

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Not sure how your MG42 will sound in game, but FWIW have uploaded to Bootie's new CMMODS IV several xnt MG42 sound options that give the distinctive MG42 BRRRRR! sounds.

thanks @Erwin, these are the ones I know and tried (EZ´s, JorgeMC and Oddball) already. For my personal taste these are either too bassy, or too long, or not so distinctive actually. I meant "I had to try..." cause I´m working with digital audio since 1998 and just found that browser YT converter in the net https://2conv.com/de/  It gives the opportunity to grab from actual live fire audio material easily and not recycle from other sources (other games ect.). :) Though still you need to do the cutting, EQing ect. yourself in some digital audio editor application. (I use my trusted and vintage CoolEdit Pro for the purpose)

My main focus was on the MG34 and one thing I wanted to preserve is the ingame shot trail sound file, triggered when the actual sound file is less than ~340mS in length.

Any feedback welcome!

....looks like I forgot to mention, that I uploaded here first just for testing purposes. I appreciate Bootie´s and Erwin´s hard work and once their work is done with setting up CMMODS IV, I´ll shift tested stuff over there. :) Now going to grabn convert some StG 44.... B)

Edited by RockinHarry