Great CMRT period war pic segment

This clip is overflowing with martial goodness: Panzerfausts, StG44s,flare pistol, MG-34, ZIS-3, T-34/85, tankodesantniki ,Su-76M Beutepanzer etc. Especially notable in the clip is what Russian military writing calls aktivnost, or combat activity by the soldiers. Here, it's the Germans exhibiting it, and it's quite the thing to see. The only oops I saw was that the Russians somehow took really early delivery on a small arm. Other than that, this looks like something perfect for a CMRT fight. Commenters took exception to Su-76M Beutepanzer, as did I--until seeing the contents of link. Clip's from "The Adventure of Werner Holt."

http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/su/su-76m/su-76m.htm

Regards,

John Kettler

French56,

Thought so myself. Was blown away to see the SU-76Ms, let alone in Beutepanzer role. Had never seen one in any film, so it was a huge gift and treat. Certainly didn't weep seeing real StG44s, either, or the ZIS-3 and all those lovely Panzerfausts, however they did them.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Better made than anything else I´ve see thus far, incl. Steiner, or anything Spielberg throws at us. B) At times the MG34 ROF sounds somewhat slower that the usual 900 RPM, but they´re most the time overdub sounds, as is oftenly the case in video, even wartime german ones.

Landser slang is nice as is german command language and apparently quite authentic.

No problem with the Su-76 Marder wannabes. :P

40 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

This 5 minute scene did more for me than all of Fury.

I may have to check out this film.

the remainder of that GDR anti-war movie from 1965 is more or less story telling. No further combat footage than the one above in there. Yet still quite educational when it comes to how it was at last days of the 3rd Reich in the east, in military and home front.

Artkin,

Now you know why I said "early delivery" in the OP. Don't know how that happened. Maybe all the other PPShs were tied up on another film project at the time, but the film had to go forward? After all, I've see non-VISMOD T62s in a Soviet-produced GPW Panzer attack sequence I'm sure you know. It's the one where everyone sings "Sacred War."

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

13 hours ago, Artkin said:

34 seconds in the tank rider has an ak47 wtf lol

yep, it was to been seen very briefly,as is most of the russian infantry at close range, to maybe disguise a couple more inaccuracies. Considering it was a GDR (german democratic republic) production, the producers might have not had full freedom for doing things, or access to leftover russian wartime stocks directly. So they had to use from their own NVA arsenals as present in 1965, of where the real PPS 43 maybe has become  a rare item. The AK47 looks close to it, if you´re not looking that sharply, so was a suitable substitute. :D

Edited by RockinHarry

• 2 weeks later...

I love the camera work in that. A lot of stable, wide angle shots and no nauseating shakey-cam like you see all the time in modern film-making. You can actually see what's happening. 

Looks like an interesting movie too, I'll have to check it out. I don't get to see a lot of East German anti-fascist films.

• 2 months later...