Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The_MonkeyKing

"safe" to start playing US campaigns?

Recommended Posts

I have been wary of the condition of the released campaigns and have not yet started playing them in hopes of imminent large patches. Now I have been waiting for a quite a while for the patch...

How are the campaigns? Any major bugs? Balance problems? Anything else? Worth waiting for patches?

Which is in better condition USMC or the US army campaign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dream of a world in which people are literate. 

As has been stated many times now by Steve and beta testers, the US Army campaign called Task Force Thunder, and the US Marines Campaign called Smper Fi Syria are fully 100% updated and ready to go. They do not require any additional work or patches in order to be enjoyed to their fullest extent. 

The rest of the campaigns, (the Canadian campaign, the German campaign, the Dutch campaign and the British campaign) are all still being fully updated, thus in their current form do not benefit from all of the engine improvements. However, they can still be played and enjoyed in their current state.

 

Edited by IICptMillerII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps what the question is getting at is... since one rarely if ever replays a campaign due to the enormous time commitment, one wants to play the very best version (once).

For example: I have already played nearly all the CMSF1 campaigns and am willing to give the CMSF2 versions a go.  But only if the campaigns are the final versions with all the CMSF2 bells and whistles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Perhaps what the question is getting at is... since one rarely if ever replays a campaign due to the enormous time commitment, one wants to play the very best version (once).

The answer quite clearly provided right above your post is that both US campaigns are final and the NATO/UK ones are still forthcoming. What more do you want?

Edited by Howler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Erwin said:

But only if the campaigns are the final versions with all the CMSF2 bells and whistles.

Adding those 'bells and whistles' is no small matter.  :rolleyes:

Going from CM:SF1 to CM:SF2 is kinda like leaving home driving a V8 and having it turn into a turbo/supercharged W16 when you hit the highway!  :D

It really is quite a lot more powerful.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

I have been wary of the condition of the released campaigns and have not yet started playing them in hopes of imminent large patches. Now I have been waiting for a quite a while for the patch...

How are the campaigns? Any major bugs? Balance problems? Anything else? Worth waiting for patches?

Which is in better condition USMC or the US army campaign?

There is a patch for the Semper Fi Campaign here. https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share/view/s1790d8b51994c72b/fof9f423-8c9f-4494-82e5-704ab8a27de7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

I dream of a world in which people are literate. 

As has been stated many times now by Steve and beta testers, the US Army campaign called Task Force Thunder, and the US Marines Campaign called Smper Fi Syria are fully 100% updated and ready to go. They do not require any additional work or patches in order to be enjoyed to their fullest extent. 

The rest of the campaigns, (the Canadian campaign, the German campaign, the Dutch campaign and the British campaign) are all still being fully updated, thus in their current form do not benefit from all of the engine improvements. However, they can still be played and enjoyed in their current state.

 

There was the 2.01 patch after those statements and there are posts like this: 

I know these two campaigns are "ready" but I am in no rush so if there were to still be some minor irritants I am more than willing to play the game later.

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

Perhaps what the question is getting at is... since one rarely if ever replays a campaign due to the enormous time commitment, one wants to play the very best version (once).

For example: I have already played nearly all the CMSF1 campaigns and am willing to give the CMSF2 versions a go.  But only if the campaigns are the final versions with all the CMSF2 bells and whistles.

Yes, this is what I intended to communicate. 

Edited by The_MonkeyKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, z1812 said:

Thank you.  This is exactly what some of us were talking about above.  This updated version is several weeks newer than the one that comes with the CMSF2 game d/l.  Am happy I didn't start on the old version Semper Fi. campaign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Thank you.  This is exactly what some of us were talking about above.  This updated version is several weeks newer than the one that comes with the CMSF2 game d/l.  Am happy I didn't start on the old version Semper Fi. campaign

I know right! Could you imagine the pain & horror of playing the Marines campaign with a burning Zu-23 technical haphazardly left on a map somewhere?

War IS hell... but simulating war shouldn't be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least some of us want to play the latest version of a campaign with all the advantages of the latest engine.  Why is this upsetting you so much?  Calm down dude.  No one is criticizing you if you want to go play CMSF1.  What do you think you arecontributing to this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

I have been wary of the condition of the released campaigns and have not yet started playing them in hopes of imminent large patches. Now I have been waiting for a quite a while for the patch...

How are the campaigns? Any major bugs? Balance problems? Anything else? Worth waiting for patches?

Yeah... the above is how this thread started.  While the rest of us have been conversing about the topic, all you have done is contribute snarky, sarcastic asides.  What's wrong with you?  Mummy going to kick you out of the basement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh good lord how a simple question can get so far out of whack 

@The_MonkeyKing as noted there are a couple done and the patch was for some specific items. At the moment there ar no further corrections for any campaigns just the revised versions for the British and NATO campaigns. Your choice as to how important you think it is to wait or not, but the Marine and base campaigns are done products as far as BF is concerned. The others to follow as they are wrapped up. Not sure what other imminent large patches you may be thinking about but as far as I know there are none. 

Edited by sburke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC some designers said they might try and update their work to take advantage of the latest engine.  This thread was started by someone asking about that is all.  Can't understand why this should become such a controversial/contentious discussion... or why some folks feel the need to jump in just to be rude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Erwin said:

IIRC some designers said they might try and update their work to take advantage of the latest engine.  This thread was started by someone asking about that is all.  Can't understand why this should become such a controversial/contentious discussion... or why some folks feel the need to jump in just to be rude. 

You didn’t have to add this to continue that argument. Just let it go. The OP has been answered. 

As to non stock campaigns that is entirely up to the original creator as to whether that will update or not and has nothing to do with the OP which was specific about concern on any impending patches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly.  That's what Monkey King was asking about.  I get PM's regularly from PO'd people who are fed up with certain members jumping on them when they make what seems like reasonable posts that for unknown reasons seem to irritate them.

If you don't like certain posters then just put em on your IGNORE list and everyone is happy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Exactly.  That's what Monkey King was asking about.  I get PM's regularly from PO'd people who are fed up with certain members jumping on them when they make what seems like reasonable posts that for unknown reasons seem to irritate them.

If you don't like certain posters then just put em on your IGNORE list and everyone is happy.

 

This is still not contributing other than to try and provoke an argument where right now none exists. The OP has been answered. You could simply follow your own advice here and create your own ignore list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone attest positively that Marines get reinforcements in Flirting with Disaster mission, at the most recent USMC campaign version ? The post from Battlefront on the matter was ambiguous and I don't want to restart and be found at exactly the same position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Euri said:

Can someone attest positively that Marines get reinforcements in Flirting with Disaster mission, at the most recent USMC campaign version ? The post from Battlefront on the matter was ambiguous and I don't want to restart and be found at exactly the same position 

From what I can deduce from the editor, the reinforcements are set to arrive in due time. Note that there are two versions of that mission, and it the first... [spoiler follows, highlight to read], the reinforcement arrives with a 5 min span for the two first and half an hour for the last.

Edited by CMFDR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Euri said:

Can someone attest positively that Marines get reinforcements in Flirting with Disaster mission, at the most recent USMC campaign version ? The post from Battlefront on the matter was ambiguous and I don't want to restart and be found at exactly the same position 

Good question! I am in the middle of the marine campaign but not there yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...