52 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Interesting stuff.  I have many rules that are similar to yours.  Mine are a modified version of @Peregrine rules.  I keep adding to them and modifying them.  Part of the fun.  The below is my rule for a KIA CO.    

When a Commanding Officer (CO) of a HQ is KIA the new CO takes a 1:15 Pause.  Order of succession CO, XO, next highest rank. If same rank the one with the lowest squad number, example: 1st Squad / 1st Team.

thanks mos, i had not heard of peregrines rules before, they do look very comprehensive i must say.

cheers

slipper

Posted (edited)

Built the "rules" (I prefer to call them guidelines) up over a long time and still use them. Haven't changed them for quite a time now.

The game engine does a better job than ever of punishing out of command units taking casualties.

Original post is over 5 years old now and the guidelines developed for at least 2 before that.

Edited by Peregrine
Update command layer post.

6 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Built the "rules" (I prefer to call them guidelines) up over a long time and still use them. Haven't changed them for quite a time now.

+1  Great stuff.  Anyone interested in Command Guidelines should visit Peregrine's link.