RTS & Wego

Hello, my first post here,  just wondering if i could get some help regarding Wego as i'm interested in buying either CMFB or CMRT i recently tried out the demo CMBN and it played as a RTS, the store description stated RTS & Wego I didn't see that option for demo so i'm wondering if the full version of the current titles available in store are playable in Wego. Having played CMAK and CMBB eons ago i prefer the Wego style over the RTS style of play, appreciate any help on this, cheers.

Thanks for replying so quickly, i didn't see that option when i played the demo, following your instructions i can see that option now, thx for clearing that up for me, its been years since i played, i recently watched some utube vids on the newer series of games and it has got my interest again, spent many hours into the night planning moves in CMAK. Thanks appreciate your help.

11 hours ago, Digger_au said:

newer series of games and it has got my interest again, spent many hours into the night planning moves in CMAK. Thanks appreciate your help.

It's like the difference between your first kiss and waking up with her bra on your head. The new games blow the old ones out of the water as good as the old ones were. It's a whole nuther universe. Enjoy!

Mord.

23 hours ago, Digger_au said:

Hello, my first post here,  just wondering if i could get some help regarding Wego as i'm interested in buying either CMFB or CMRT i recently tried out the demo CMBN and it played as a RTS, the store description stated RTS & Wego I didn't see that option for demo so i'm wondering if the full version of the current titles available in store are playable in Wego. Having played CMAK and CMBB eons ago i prefer the Wego style over the RTS style of play, appreciate any help on this, cheers.

I tried RTS once a long time ago... 
Upon exiting, I quickly put duct tape over the 'Single Player, Real Time' option, never to be used again...             🦆     🦆  🦆

Actually, I did very well in the mission too (It was Barkman's Corner).

Edited by Blazing 88's

36 minutes ago, Blazing 88's said:

Upon exiting, I quickly put duct tape over the 'Single Player, Real Time' option, never to be used again...

I don't even use RT to test stuff anymore because even then something cool can happen and get lost forever. I've had it happen a couple of times and then went to save and OOPS, RT mode.

Mord.

Yeah i didn't see the option for the Turn based setting until sburke pointed it out, gotta admit i was a bit miffed playing the demo in RTS, but once i saw that it was an option i was sold and purchased Red Thunder straight away i really loved Afrika korps so it was an easy choice. Played my first battle today "The Passage" on veteran, it's been many years since i played so i didn't want to go to hard which turned out to be a good decision, lost half my tanks early in the game but managed to pull of a victory nonetheless, i think i got the bra ;) the duct tape will come in handy too. Do you guys use mods for Red Thunder? if so could you recommend some please, cheers.

13 hours ago, Mord said:

It's like the difference between your first kiss and waking up with her bra on your head. The new games blow the old ones out of the water as good as the old ones were. It's a whole nuther universe. Enjoy!

Mord.

Thanks i did, bought Red Thunder as soon as i saw it had Wego.

2 hours ago, Mord said:

I don't even use RT to test stuff anymore because even then something cool can happen and get lost forever. I've had it happen a couple of times and then went to save and OOPS, RT mode.

Mord.

Do you use any mods that you could recommend? Cheers

2 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

Upon exiting, I quickly put duct tape over the 'Single Player, Real Time' option, never to be used again...             🦆     🦆  🦆

Actually, I did very well in the mission too (It was Barkman's Corner).

My attempt at multi quote didn't work out the first time, getting old. Yeah it didn't feel right playing on RTS that was completely unexpected but glad to it was just an oversight by me. If you have any tips for mods or gameplay would be happy to hear them if your willing to share, cheers.

15 minutes ago, Digger_au said:

Do you use any mods that you could recommend? Cheers

RT is pretty sweet straight out of the box. I'd recommend:

JuJu's UI

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=703

Vein's Effects (can be used with all titles)

My portraits if you want a different style to JuJu's and/or want specific German divisions and backgrounds.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=7136

And whatever sound mods are to your taste.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?cat=36

Mord.

Edited by Mord

37 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

You might want to watch this offering from down under ...   

Sorry i'm so bad at doing multi quotes, thanks for the vid Warts n all much appreciated, as i mentioned above i've watched some of your vids on utube, nicely done too.

19 minutes ago, Mord said:

RT is pretty sweet straight out of the box. I'd recommend:

JuJu's UI

Vein's Effects (can be used with all titles)

My portraits if you want a different style to JuJu's and/or want specific German divisions and backgrounds.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=7136

And whatever sound mods are to your taste.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?cat=36

Mord.

Cheers Mord really appreciate the links, i noticed the "Mod Tools" read me file, had a quick look so i'm guessing it's pretty simple to enable the mods, once again thanks and cheers. I'm going to try them all out thx

Edited by Digger_au
extra

27 minutes ago, Digger_au said:

Hey thanks Warts n all much appreciated, i've watched one or two of your vids on utube and a couple other guys, is the main reason why i'm getting back into CM, really enjoy the CM vids, thanks again mate cheers.

Ah, this isn't mine. I'm just fan of your fellow countryman ithikial's vids. And I sometimes like to swap banter about cricket with him. As for mods there something like 190 for Red thunder so plenty to chose from, anything from Aris is worth a look for both vehicles and landscape, and a certain bloke called Mord does some great unit portraits to liven up the UI

Edited by Warts 'n' all

3 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Ah, this isn't mine. I'm just fan of ithikial's vids. And I sometimes like to swap banter about cricket with him. As mods there something like 190 for Red thunder so plenty to chose from, anything from Aris is worth a look for both vehicles and landscape, and a certain bloke called Mord does some great unit portraits to liven up the UI

Oh i see i wondered why your location said Limeyland and yet sounded aussie in the vid lol, still very much appreciate your help thx mate, i was born in England myself but don't tell anyone, came out here when i was a nipper ;)

25 minutes ago, Digger_au said:

Cheers Mord really appreciate the links, i noticed the "Mod Tools" read me file, had a quick look so i'm guessing it's pretty simple to enable the mods, once again thanks and cheers. I'm going to try them all out thx

Anytime.

You won't need the mod tools to install mods. All you have to do is drop the mods in your mod folder and start the game. You just want to make sure you don't install two of the same mod. If you do the mod that has the name furthest down the alphabet will be the one chosen, EX; Allen's Tank Mod would be passed over for Mike's Tank Mod.

Mord.

15 minutes ago, Mord said:

Anytime.

You won't need the mod tools to install mods. All you have to do is drop the mods in your mod folder and start the game. You just want to make sure you don't install two of the same mod. If you do the mod that has the name furthest down the alphabet will be the one chosen, EX; Allen's Tank Mod would be passed over for Mike's Tank Mod.

Mord.

Thanks Mord, drop straight into the "Mods" folder that's too easy lol, d/loading some of your face mods i hear they're good, as well as a bunch of aris's mods, thanks again mate

Edited by Digger_au
extra

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Ah, this isn't mine. I'm just fan of your fellow countryman ithikial's vids. And I sometimes like to swap banter about cricket with him. As for mods there something like 190 for Red thunder so plenty to chose from, anything from Aris is worth a look for both vehicles and landscape, and a certain bloke called Mord does some great unit portraits to liven up the UI

After sandpaper-gate I don't think we play cricket in this country anymore. :P

9 hours ago, Digger_au said:

Yeah i didn't see the option for the Turn based setting until sburke pointed it out, gotta admit i was a bit miffed playing the demo in RTS, but once i saw that it was an option i was sold and purchased Red Thunder straight away i really loved Afrika korps so it was an easy choice. Played my first battle today "The Passage" on veteran, it's been many years since i played so i didn't want to go to hard which turned out to be a good decision, lost half my tanks early in the game but managed to pull of a victory nonetheless, i think i got the bra ;) the duct tape will come in handy too. Do you guys use mods for Red Thunder? if so could you recommend some please, cheers.

I noted nobody recommended the Aris vehicle and terrain mods yet. The Aris stuff is highly recommendable in all forms.

And then, there should be some mod packs for „special purposes“. I remember a Stalingrad package, a Winter package, some Hungarian and Finnish stuff. Those are normally usable with very few custom made scenarios only.

9 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

I noted nobody recommended the Aris vehicle and terrain mods yet. The Aris stuff is highly recommendable in all forms.

And then, there should be some mod packs for „special purposes“. I remember a Stalingrad package, a Winter package, some Hungarian and Finnish stuff. Those are normally usable with very few custom made scenarios only.

Thanks for the added info, the video posted above by Warts n all ie "Combat Mission Red Thunder - Mod Showcase" by Ithikial does discuss Aris's mods and i did look them up and d/loaded the ones you specifically mentioned, am in the process of installing them atm along with quite a few others, looking forward to seeing the changes. Really appreciate everyone's helpful advice here makes the whole experience much more enjoyable when it comes to playing the game knowing i can get good sound friendly advice, cheers everyone much apprecited

3 minutes ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

Vein's effects are here.

Mord accidently copied Juju's UI mod link twice.

Yeah i saw that lol, was able to find it however, i was about to install it and i see that it's a Brz i made a "z" folder inside the "Data" folder to put all my mods in do i drop the Brz file in the "z" folder also?

2 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Put your specs on mate. I mentioned above that anything by Aris is "worth a look". Although perhaps your dozed off after I mentioned cricket.

Edited by Warts 'n' all