Assault Boats?

9 hours ago, benpark said:

Helmet mixing probably not work, as the source soldiers from any given branch- aside from officers, generally- use the same headgear model within a formation. You would need the rag-tagging done at the code level for that. It would be great to see this allowed, but it would be extra graphic real estate better used elsewhwere, I expect.

thanks, what I expected. Maybe future game patch or game revision then.

10 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Hey Harry, I can’t remember which had FJ added first, FI or BN, but I do recall doing uniform textures swaps and model swaps from one game to the other when they first came out. The model swaps look better than new textures, of course, but then you’d have the OOB problems. With new textures you’ll probably want to make normal maps to make them look “better” (they’ll never look right without 3D models). But because I don’t see how you’ll get FJ helmets without a model swap, which means all other German troops will then have the FJ helmet, you might as well go the model swap route and just don’t play any scenarios with other types of German troops. Or you could tag the FJ model swap mods, which I find to be a pain in the ass. YMMV. If you want, I’ll dig around in my toolbox and see what I have to share. 

Yes, this would probably be the way to go. Just having german paras (tweaked LW infantry actually) on red side in a mission and mod tagging should do the trick I think. I´ll see. Maybe BFC considers adding a downgraded para formation for late war use in the future I hope. Training and experience was rather meagre in late 1944/45, as was weaponry, so using LW infantry looking like paras might be the best choice.

Bücker181 Bestmann with four Panzerfaust.....It's quite real.  ;)

Although built primarily as a trainer for the Luftwaffe, the type also performed other duties such as courier & liaison. From March 1945 an order was issued to concentrate all the available Bü 181s to be converted either to the "tank busting" role carrying four Panzerfaust anti-tank grenade launchers from wing-mounted launchers (C-3 subtype) or to the night harassment role carrying three 50 kg bombs (B-3 subtype), most likely inspired by the Soviet female nocturnal Nochnye Vedmy units' campaigns from 1942 to V-E Day. These units saw very limited use in the final days of the war due to the war situation. However, some missions were carried out, achieving moderate success but at the price of severe losses.[2] One restored Bestmann on the tank buster configuration is on display at the Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin.

Test pilot and sister-in-law of Claus von Stauffenberg Melitta Schenk Gräfin von Stauffenberg[3] was flying a Bücker Bü 181 when she was shot down and fatally wounded in 1945.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bücker_Bü_181

PS - Yes.....I have a kit of one in 1/72.  :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead