Lost in mods....

eker

Just upgraded my old shock force with marines to cmcf2.

Want to add mods. But to be honest I have no clue what I do.

As a test I picked a marines package with helmets gear uniform. I unzipped to input folder. I kept both main folder and copied the 3 subfolder in the same folder. I hit the .exe and small text "in progress" showed up. A packed.brz showed up in Exploded folder

Tried the Tri Valley scenario. But I am not sure if the mods showed up.  There is a packed.brz  (Along with a couple of 201.brz) in the Data folder. I made a backup packed.brz. And moved the new packed.brz from Exploded to Data 

Correct?

I find the z folder system much better in other CM games.

21 minutes ago, eker said:

Want to add mods. But to be honest I have no clue what I do.

Place an Un-zipped mod into an empty folder on your Desktop. (This is to keep the un-zipping process from grabbing stuff it should not).

Then unzip the mod.

Remove the unzipped mod from the folder.

On a PC, place the mod in the following location: This PC - Documents - Battlefront - Combat Mission - Shock Force 2 - User Data - Mods 

Restart the game if it was running while you did all that.  

Should be good to go.   

PS

You can save those zipped files somewhere on your computer if you want.  They can be unzipped repeatedly.  This way you don't have to re-download the Zip File.  The folder you used for unzipping can be put in the trash when you are done.  I have one on my Desktop all the time that I name Extraction Folder.  I use it when I Zip or un-zip mods and scenarios so they don't become corrupted by grabbing other stuff on the computer.     

Edited by MOS:96B2P

The "input" folder you were using was probably the RezExplode utility inside the Mod Tools folder of your game install. You don't need to use this to install mods designed by other people that you simply download. RezExplode was designed for modders i.e people wanting to modify the game file themselves. It lets them unpack the game's brz files so they can access the individual files inside, textures usually.