Sahrani Liberation Army (SLA)

Hi IICapMillerII, thank you for making your beautiful mod available for all of us to use!  I took the liberty of borrowing the vest you made and SaintFuller's Ssh-68 helmet to remake a mod that IMHO more accurately depicts what the Syrian army from circa 2008 would have looked like. Since you're the inspiration of this mod, it's only right that I should share my screenshots with you before I put it out there for the rest of the community.  It goes without saying, credit will go to you and SaintFuller for the vest and the Ssh-68 helmet.  Cheers! 

Ssh-68 Replacement.jpg

Syrian Special Forces.jpg

I downloaded it and it sits here as a .man file.  Thought perhaps there was an error.  Will try again...

Yup.  Tried again and when I select "SAVE AS" it reads "SLA-1.1.man". 

I renamed it to a .7z file and was then able to open it ok.  Strange...

Edited by Erwin

• 4 months later...

Just a quick heads-up to those using the mod: I noticed that with v2.02 there is a conflict with the strings.txt file included with the mod that causes units/equipment in game to be named incorrectly. For example, some soldiers are erroneously listed as "Soviet Guards." I do not have the time to edit and upload a new strings.txt file at the moment, but the quick fix is to just delete the strings.txt file in the SLA mod folder. All it does is change "Syrian Army" to "Sahrani Liberation Army" on the password screen and end battle screen. Nothing else in the mod is affected.  

3 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Will be possible to convert this mod in a mini mod for the Balkan war 1991 Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian infantry only, I don't know witch arms they were used but I think the serbian uniforms were similar someone idea...??

I suspect it could be done.....In fact I'm positive it could.  ;)

Just not by me.  :(

I would be very interested to see such a mod made though.  B)

@37mm  Fancy another project one day?  Reckon this one would probably be easier TBH!  :D

8 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I suspect it could be done.....In fact I'm positive it could.  ;)

Just not by me.  :(

I would be very interested to see such a mod made though.  B)

@37mm  Fancy another project one day?  Reckon this one would probably be easier TBH!  :D

Thank you Sgt.Squarehead I was thinking also the same but I m not sure about the weapons could you eventual give me shorts names about the most used one s ?

I know about tanks and vehicles but not small arms...

11 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That report is more of an overview TBH, but it may point you in the direction you want to go. 

✌thanks guy

Last question what module CMs you will use to do something about Balkan 1991 ?

I mean tanks and vehicles I can took from CMRT and Some Us from CMBN MG but uniforms and autom weapons will be better from CMSF 1 2...isn't ? ?

I'd use CM:SF2 (with all the modules).

You can't actually copy a tank from CM:RT to CM:SF2.....You may be able to copy the models & skins and use them to replace something else, but whatever you used would change in appearance only.  So if you managed to transfer the models & skins for a T-34/85 onto an Abrams, it would still behave like an Abrams in the game.

A lot of the AFVs are already available.....T-72M1 is dead ringer for M-84, T-55 is a T-55 and so on.  Better to tailor your scenarios to what you can actually make, than trying to bend the game into something it just is not.  This is something we ran into with 'Heaven & Earth', we've had to make a few compromises, but with some creativity and clever use of mods (often with custom tags) on @37mm's part, we've managed to get by quite well IMHO. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'd use CM:SF2 (with all the modules).

You can't actually copy a tank from CM:RT to CM:SF2.....You may be able to copy the models & skins and use them to replace something else, but whatever you used would change in appearance only.  So if you managed to transfer the models & skins for a T-34/85 onto an Abrams, it would still behave like an Abrams in the game.

A lot of the AFVs are already available.....T-72M1 is dead ringer for M-84, T-55 is a T-55 and so on.  Better to tailor your scenarios to what you can actually make, than trying to bend the game into something it just is not.  This is something we ran into with 'Heaven & Earth', we've had to make a few compromises, but with some creativity and clever use of mods (often with custom tags) on @37mm's part, we've managed to get by quite well IMHO. 

Thanks for these added infos in fact I do some tests already with differents modules CMBN RT FI FB CMA  SF 1 AND 2 and with all we have a lot of...

I discover that I could, change the appearance of the tank/veh but of course the game will give only the appearance like you mentioned.

But what is when you tranfert and replace all files mdr mds...from the same vehicle and you rename it from the vehicle that you want to “added” !

Example: I take an Abrams and want have a T 34 for this I took all mdr, mds, pic, wav... files, I do the same with the T34 files, imports all files and replace all Abrams files.

In this case I will have

a “pur” T 34 like I have in original CMRT don't you ? 

Only the Abrams files names will existe but with the T 34 infos.

Well this is how I understand how the game is working, but perhaps I have to take in mind more things and files from the game this I don't know exactly...

Trust me, stick to the T-55s, T-72s and other things that you can easily use with only a visual tweak.....You will save yourself a LOT of grief.  ;)

PS - Having said that, some swaps do work really well.....'Heaven & Earth' now has BTR-70s instead of BTR-60PBs (almost identical in game terms, certainly close enough for our purposes) some different trucks and sand coloured Willys Jeeps in place of Taxis.  B)

PPS - Apologies to @IICptMillerII for going so far off topic in his thread (I seem to say that quite a lot).  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Trust me, stick to the T-55s, T-72s and other things that you can easily use with only a visual tweak.....You will save yourself a LOT of grief.  ;)

PS - Having said that, some swaps do work really well.....'Heaven & Earth' now has BTR-70s instead of BTR-60PBs (almost identical in game terms, certainly close enough for our purposes) some different trucks and sand coloured Willys Jeeps in place of Taxis.  B)

PPS - Apologies to @IICptMillerII for going so far off topic in his thread (I seem to say that quite a lot).  :unsure:

Got it about tanks  Yes, Sgt.Squarehead thanks...

I will open myself a tread and don't use this one to explain other things... my apologies also to @IICptMillerII.

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I imagine i'll do a quick update of the Euroscape mod at some point ( @dpabrams already gave me his blessings in that regard)... tagged sloped roof options, fighters & combatants with European faces, a visually crenallated rooftop option (for a rudimentary Church), a few textures recoloured & an updated script file is all that would be needed I think.

Obviously, much of a revamped Euroscape mod could be used by players interested in the Balkans.

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

I imagine i'll do a quick update of the Euroscape mod at some point ( @dpabrams already gave me his blessings in that regard)... tagged sloped roof options, fighters & combatants with European faces, a visually crenallated rooftop option (for a rudimentary Church), a few textures recoloured & an updated script file is all that would be needed I think.

Obviously, much of a revamped Euroscape mod could be used by players interested in the Balkans.

Happy to found somebody's interresting to this project, is already longtime ago that I had this in my mind, I  will stay awake to yours mods and learn how can I  try to do something myself acceptable but waiting what bring us the new R2V some news vehicles will help and also the new of CMRT soon I hope with perhaps BTR 50 and more...I like very much the mod of Sahrani Liberation Army, and the Vietnam project.

More in a new thread soon...

Maybe take a look here: 

This should give you some idea of what can be done.  B)

6 hours ago, 37mm said:

I imagine i'll do a quick update of the Euroscape mod at some point ( @dpabrams already gave me his blessings in that regard)...

I've got some maps that would really suit a Balkan/Euroscape Mod.....They're conversions from CM:FB, lightly re-tweaked for CM:BS (I'd need to replace all the Independent Buildings to get them to work for CM:SF2, but that ain't exactly rocket science).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

19 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Maybe take a look here: 

This should give you some idea of what can be done.  B)

I've got some maps that would really suit a Balkan/Euroscape Mod.....They're conversions from CM:FB, lightly re-tweaked for CM:BS (I'd need to replace all the Independent Buildings to get them to work for CM:SF2, but that ain't exactly rocket science).

Yes I found lot of things comments and ideas to keep for the future...and all comments about this project are really welcome, I'm also happy that we can find and do something with Euroscape mod later...

I am on Holliday for 2 weeks and dont have PC now but later if interresting I can provide some files dds tga png like I said to "Kandu" the new Modders of (Les Hauts  Vents Map)...from differents games and internet could be that we can find others landscapes and buildings to differents futures projects...

• 2 years later...

I made a small update to this mod by including the Ssh-68 helmet model from CM Cold War. It was retextured slightly by a member of the CM Discord, Han Fei Zi. The mod no longer includes a modified string.txt file as it causes conflicts when new patches are released for CMSF2.

Screen%202.png

Screen%203.png

The mod can be downloaded from the download link found here:

https://millerswargamingvault.blogspot.com/2022/04/sahrani-liberation-army-mod-for-combat.html

12 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

I made a small update to this mod by including the Ssh-68 helmet model from CM Cold War. It was retextured slightly by a member of the CM Discord, Han Fei Zi. The mod no longer includes a modified string.txt file as it causes conflicts when new patches are released for CMSF2.

Screen%202.png

Screen%203.png

The mod can be downloaded from the download link found here:

https://millerswargamingvault.blogspot.com/2022/04/sahrani-liberation-army-mod-for-combat.html

Very nice Idea to change it with the Ssh-68, this will open more possibilities to created mods around 80'...

I recommend everybody's to put theirs mods, or to give a copy by Bootie place, my opinion (some mods can be forgot with the time) and "lost", who an interminable search with sometimes don't give any good success on the Forum.

By Bootie and his save place of CMMODs, mods are secured and directly available, (just my opinion).

JM