VIn CMSF2 Geometric Floating Icons

Vin Geometric Icons CMSF2.zipVin Geometric Icons CMSF2

I have been picking at making this for myself as I am going through the demo, and it should be complete enough to share now.

First, special thanks to Juju, Wolf, and Bil for all their original contributions from which I have drawn from to create this mod, and it’s concepts. If you are familiar with my other Icon mods this one works the same in using different colors for spotted and FOW icons, along with different colors for fortifications icons making set up much more visually organized. Each unit class has a unique geometric shape making it easier to differentiate unit types while making icons smaller.

Newest Feature: New HQ icons.

HQ units stand out much better now using contrast for visual emphasis while having a more interesting distinctive look. Each force has it's own unique HQ floating icon available. Some have variation you can choose from as well. To change to a desired HQ go into the HQ folder where the icons are and cut and paste the "z" and add it to the beginning of the title of the folder you want to use. The default setting is USA white star, and Syria green star. I liked the green star as it felt more Syrian to me, but to use the Syria white star icon instead you would cut the "z" from the folder name and add it to the beginning of the folder name of the icon with the white star. Putting a "z" in front of any file folder name makes the game override to that. You can only use one Bluefor and one Redfor icon at a time. Switching HQ icons must be done manually.

Also, The mod is set up so you can use all or piecemeal. If you do not want to use the special HQ icons , but the rest then take the HQ icon folder out and it will use the vanilla flag. Just want to use the FOW icons with another mod, or base game then just put that folder in and add a "z" to folder name.

Enjoy!

Vin

BEFORE:

01.png~original

AFTER:

2.png~original

1.png~original

HQ's: Note the "z" at beggining of title. Cut and paste to different folder to change.

hq.thumb.JPG.246e31a6b4c83b08955fb646f4e20be0.JPG

1029537518_SyrianHQgreenstar.JPG.be359209ee6d62f0e4ce504780b7dc6b.JPG

DOWNLOAD:

Vin Geometric Icons CMSF2.zip

Edited by Vinnart