NATO Units????

WhiteWolf65

The VPK-7829 Bumerang and variants, the 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV, and 9A52-4 Tornado MRL. For the United States/NATO, the M270 MLRS.

What about including the Kurds (Peshmerga) and Turks for SF2? Of course the Kurds would have some pretty dated equipment but the Peshmerga are renowned for their ferocity on the battlefield.

As for other NATO nations. I agree that Germany, Canada, UK, and Poland should be part of a SF2 or BS2 module or both. Not sure about France and Italy but those countries might be worthwhile at some point in the future.

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Several more Russian vehicles that might be worth considering.

Kurganets-25

Those will not likely be added to the game. The T14 and it's variants are not being fielded to this day and certainly none were fielded during the time frame that CMBS is set. These are just prototype vehicles even now in 2019.

13 hours ago, Sequoia said:

If CMSF Canadians can have Leopard 1s, I think it's reasonable for T-80s for Russia. IIRC I think the Canadians would even have had to pull their 155mm self propelled artillery out of storage for their use in the Shock Force war, but a Canadian Army officer playtester talked Steve into it. Of course everyone likes the Canadians and are willing to humor them except maybe the Danes because of those islands they squabble over. :)

P.S. Almost forgot the Chinese are rather perturbed at Canada right now of course.

I did find it strange that the M113 has been absent from the CMSF Canadian arsenal. That thing's still in service, and looks like it'll stay that way for a while. We've been recently acquiring more enemies. Saudis are pretty cross with us, as well.

I'd like to see BMDs for both UKR and RU. I felt they were a glaring omission, considering how ubiquitous they are in Donbass.

489234_900.jpg

X3Mltrz.png

491679_900.jpg

d9614dbbcc4fcda566dbaf3148a149d3.jpg

Can't disagree with that.....Also, if we had an M113 in CM:SF2 it would open up a whole world of opportunities for the modders.  B)

PS - The Canadian invasion of Saudi Arabia.....Damn that's a fine idea!  Bring it on!  :lol:

PPS - Actually, I could do that with the units already in the game.....It sure is tempting (sadly the Saudis would all sound like Yanks)!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

10 minutes ago, Splinty said:

I;d like the M113 included in US units as well. There are still many Combat Engineer units that use them, and every mech infantry company still has one as a support vehicle.

In what fashion is it used as a support vehicle?

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Definitely another must for a CM:BS Vehicle Pack.  B) 

Might not have to wait that long. I imagine the hinted-at Marine module will mirror SF2's in adding additional formations for the other armies. I'd place money on seeing Air Assault regiments for the Russians and Ukrainians in that. 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:46 PM, sid_burn said:

Do they use their cellphones to call in artillery

In 2014-2015 this often was single way to call support %) In overall chaos and insufiissient (malfunctions) of soviet radios in many cases was easier to ask phone number of battery commander then to establish radio network like this demands the field manual

Edited by Haiduk

20 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

In 2014-2015 this often was single way to call support %) In overall chaos and insufiissient (malfunctions) of soviet radios in many cases was easier to ask phone number of battery commander then to establish radio network like this demands the field manual

Really? Wow.

God Bless Ukraine, I'm so glad we live in this timeline. We could have lived in boring times instead.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, Splinty said:

I;d like the M113 included in US units as well. There are still many Combat Engineer units that use them, and every mech infantry company still has one as a support vehicle.

CMBS already have one vehicle on M113 chassis: M1064 Mortar Carrier

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, Splinty said:

Not the same as the APC version. Besides the M1064 having a mortar. It can't carry 12 soldiers plus driver and TC.

In CMSF2 you can use the Brit FV432.  It will only take 10 men plus crew, but hey it beats nothing. 😜  We just need someone to mod it in US army scheme colors.

M113.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, IanL said:

Given a significant population of Canadians who descend from Ukrainians the connection is strong still

Dam-it...I'll pretend I didn't hear that...In fact, I don't think you know what your talking about ;)

Battlefront games are really good at getting exact TO&E. Since a M113 model was already in the game I wonder why this HQ vehicle was left out? I'm not expecting every element (maintenance and chow trucks etc and of course Medics) but this M113 seems like it would be part of the combat element .