Getting back to CM finally

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:25 AM, WhiteWolf65 said:

I just submitted a ticket. Hopefully I will get an answer next week. I do thank all of you for your advice. It is much appreciated.

When you finally get your situation corrected, 65ofWhiteWolf, and ready to PBEM (any of the WWII Titles...especially RT), QB's, up to Reinforced Company size, Meetings, House Rules, and using Dropbox...Then give me a PM.

Joe

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:45 AM, WhiteWolf65 said:

Again, thank you for the heads-up. Right now, I just need to get the computer and one of the newer games so I can start playing and tinkering with some map making. BTW, the company I worked for was Matrix/Slitherline. I worked on the Campaign Series Middle East game and was working on the Vietnam game they are currently working on before this clunker laptop actually ate my games. I haven't played anything like a wargame now for almost a year and I miss it.

I use to play the Platoon Level WWII 'John Tillers, Campaign Series' few yrs ago (and the older 'Talon Soft' East & West Fronts many yrs before that), and heard of the making of 'Middle East' & 'Vietnam'...

Thou, I'm not interested in Modern, but wasn't Matrix/Slither going to re-do the "John Tillers, Campaign Series' ? If so, then I hope they change the system so that you give orders for all your Units at once (these units are going to this Hex, those Units at this Hex, etc) and press 'GO' (just like CM), and not have it where you move one unit here (combat results), then move another unit there (combat results), rinse and repeat until end of turn (I never liked that system, and thought it was un-realistic), thou, I do remember you were allowed to move a Whole Company or Battalion at once with multi-keystrokes (then combat results), and guess that wasn't too bad. 

Edited by JoMc67

2 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

I use to play the Platoon Level WWII 'John Tillers, Campaign Series' few yrs ago (and the older 'Talon Soft' East & West Fronts many yrs before that), and heard of the making of 'Middle East' & 'Vietnam'...

Thou, I'm not interested in Modern, but wasn't Matrix/Slither going to re-do the "John Tillers, Campaign Series' ? If so, then I hope they change the system so that you give orders for all your Units at once (these units are going to this Hex, those Units at this Hex, etc) and press 'GO' (just like CM), and not have it where you move one unit here (combat results), then move another unit there (combat results), rinse and repeat until end of turn (I never liked that system, and thought it was un-realistic), thou, I do remember you were allowed to move a Whole Company or Battalion at once with multi-keystrokes (then combat results), and guess that wasn't too bad. 

I can't say because of my NDA contract with Matrix/Slitherline even though I'm not on the team anymore. I don't want to get sued.

3 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

When you finally get your situation corrected, 65ofWhiteWolf, and ready to PBEM (any of the WWII Titles...especially RT), QB's, up to Reinforced Company size, Meetings, House Rules, and using Dropbox...Then give me a PM.

Joe

Still debating if I want to get RT or FB. Plus, I have to get everything set-up on the new computer (Facebook, Drop Box, and so on) before I can start playing. When I do, I'll drop you a line.

I got all my activation codes for the original CMSF1 game plus the Marines and NATO modules, so that will save me some money I can use for another game in the series. That will just leave me to purchase the Brit module. I am going to be a happy gamer, or at least I hope so, in the next month or so. Thanks again to all of you.

Hard to choose. I think that the choice is which theater you have the most interest in, Eastern or Western front. Both have lots of content, good graphics, and quite a bunch of mods and user created content if you are interested in that.

Edited by Ultradave

• 2 weeks later...

From an esthetics point of view CMFB is very 'pretty'.
The Ardennes in autumn and winter.
CMRT will eventually catch up to it when the coming module pushes the timeline into winter/spring '45. CMFB will also push to war's end on the western front eventually but its a bit farther back in the queue. And yes, CMFI will also push to war's end in Italy too. That leaves CMBN out the VE day festivities because its timeline already butts up against CMFB. ^_^