Getting back to CM finally

Good evening all,

After a very long hiatus for the Combat Mission series I will finally be able to start playing again by the end of this month. I will be getting a new computer and my first game will be Black Sea and maybe Red Thunder. It will take me a few days to reacquaint myself with the game mechanics but I should be ready for some PBEM play by early next month.

G'Nite

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

After a very long hiatus for the Combat Mission series I will finally be able to start playing again by the end of this month. I will be getting a new computer and my first game will be Black Sea and maybe Red Thunder.

Long hiatus since when? CMBB? Or CMAK? Or Shock Force? If you haven't played since the CM1 engine, Black Sea is gonna be quite an experience.

Mord.

9 hours ago, Mord said:

Long hiatus since when? CMBB? Or CMAK? Or Shock Force? If you haven't played since the CM1 engine, Black Sea is gonna be quite an experience.

Mord.

Strike Force 1, and I've watched a few of the YouTube videos on these new games. I was also able (on the old machine) to play the demo for CMBN. I don't think I will encounter too high a learning curve, just more of a refresher before I am able to play online vs. someone. Just itching to get my Javelins back (love those toys).

7 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Strike Force 1, and I've watched a few of the YouTube videos on these new games. I was also able (on the old machine) to play the demo for CMBN. I don't think I will encounter too high a learning curve, just more of a refresher before I am able to play online vs. someone. Just itching to get my Javelins back (love those toys). 

Ahh, ok so it shouldn't be too much of a "shock" to your system then. But I will tell you now, Black Sea will spank you when you make mistakes. Red Thunder will be more forgiving. Quite a difference in that 70 year gap.

Mord.

1 minute ago, Mord said:

Ahh, ok so it shouldn't be too much of a "shock" to your system then. But I will tell you now, Black Sea will spank you when you make mistakes. Red Thunder will be more forgiving. Quite a difference in that 70 year gap.

Mord.

Well, I had Strike Force 1 and all the additional modules that went with it. It seemed that the Syrians were just outmatched in the way of armoured units vs armoured units. I remember one scenario where the Syrians had a massive number of T-72s and wheeled A/Cs and the Americans (me) had about six M1A1 Abrams. I completely wiped out the entire Syrian force in about four turns and only had one of the Abrams tracked. None of the Abrams were outright destroyed.

LOL. "Shock Force".

Yep, there's definitely a difference between Black Sea and SF1. You'll have more of a challenge playing the US side this time. Some argue not enough, but you'll notice a difference.

Mord.

8 minutes ago, Mord said:

LOL. "Shock Force".

Yep, there's definitely a difference between Black Sea and SF1. You'll have more of a challenge playing the US side this time. Some argue not enough, but you'll notice a difference.

Mord.

Yeah right, Shock not Strike. Shows you how long it's been. I do hope Black Sea is more challenging. Is the new Shock Force any better than the older version?

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Is the new Shock Force any better than the older version?

Hell yeah! I don't know how much more "challenging" it might be, that's kind of subjective but the 10 years of progress the engine has made since 1 is phenomenal. It's really a completely new game.

Mord.

Just now, Mord said:

Hell yeah! I don't know how much more "challenging" it might be, that's kind of subjective but the 10 years of progress the engine has made since 1 is phenomenal. It's really a completely new game.

Mord.

Crap, I wish I had an extra $429.00 and then I'd be set.

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Crap, I wish I had an extra $429.00 and then I'd be set.

?  The big bundle is only $125 and that is for folks who didn't have SF1.  As an owner of CMF you get a really hefty discount.  Assuming you owned all the modules for CMSF1, the full package for you for CMSF2 is a grand whopping total of $35

5 minutes ago, sburke said:

?  The big bundle is only $125 and that is for folks who didn't have SF1.  As an owner of CMF you get a really hefty discount.  Assuming you owned all the modules for CMSF1, the full package for you for CMSF2 is a grand whopping total of $35

Only problem is, is that I forgot my old account information (username and password). But hey, thanks for the heads-up.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Only problem is, is that I forgot my old account information (username and password). But hey, thanks for the heads-up.

If you contact support with what you do remember they might be able to hook you up to your old data: http://community.battlefront.com/forum/114-cm2-general-tech-support/

1 hour ago, IanL said:

LOL ninja'ed

But I gave you the link :)

Only one problem. When I tried to install the game on this clunker laptop, I used up the other license so I can't install it on the new computer. No problem, I will be absorbed in the Black Sea game and possibly one of the World War II titles until I can get the new Shock Force 2 game and modules. However, thank you for your help. It is appreciated.

6 hours ago, IanL said:

Support can help you resolve that too.

Again, thank you for the heads-up. Right now, I just need to get the computer and one of the newer games so I can start playing and tinkering with some map making. BTW, the company I worked for was Matrix/Slitherline. I worked on the Campaign Series Middle East game and was working on the Vietnam game they are currently working on before this clunker laptop actually ate my games. I haven't played anything like a wargame now for almost a year and I miss it.

10 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Only one problem. When I tried to install the game on this clunker laptop, I used up the other license so I can't install it on the new computer. No problem, I will be absorbed in the Black Sea game and possibly one of the World War II titles until I can get the new Shock Force 2 game and modules. However, thank you for your help. It is appreciated.

You don't need Shock Force 1 installed to get Shock Force 2 either. You just need to open the ticket as others have said so the Battlefront can identify your original Shock Force 1 purchases in order to qualify you for the Shock Force 2 discount.

8 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

You don't need Shock Force 1 installed to get Shock Force 2 either. You just need to open the ticket as others have said so the Battlefront can identify your original Shock Force 1 purchases in order to qualify you for the Shock Force 2 discount.

Here is the problem. I ordered SF1 and all the expansion modules back in 2011 or 2012 and I was using a different username/password but I don't remember what I used. Now the system remembers my email account and they say they have sent me a Password Reset but I never get the message. I have done this several times since members have told me to do so, but still no reset message has been received. Any advice?