New Scenario: Coup D'etat

• 6 months later...

This is a fantastic scenario/ all in one campaign! I've noticed though that after finding the WMD on the map, the British SF aren't released from the annex. I touched the WMD objective with a spy and got the notification at the top of the screen. Is it because I used a spy instead of an armed soldier?

1 hour ago, uru38 said:

This is a fantastic scenario/ all in one campaign! I've noticed though that after finding the WMD on the map, the British SF aren't released from the annex. I touched the WMD objective with a spy and got the notification at the top of the screen. Is it because I used a spy instead of an armed soldier?

I'm trying to remember but I think a spy will also release them.  It may take a minute or two.  The regime tank guarding the SF compound should drive off crushing the barbwire and open the route out of the compound.     

55 minutes ago, uru38 said:

OK thanks I guess I have to wait a bit longer. And how are the police released? I've freed the councilmen and they're in a truck on the way to the council building but they haven't been freed.

What is the scenario time?  In the compass in the top right of the screen is a small clock.  What does it read?  I can look on the scenario timeline in my notes and get a better idea for what you are experiencing in the game.  No worries I won't spoil anything.   

Reference the British SF unit, there are two ways to have them leave the Annex and join the fight.  One way is to locate evidence of WMDs.  There is more than one possible location.  HUMINT intelligence will assist with this.  If the correct location is discovered the SF unit will join the rebels.  The SF unit will also join the rebels if the player brings the USMC into the battle from the fleet off shore.  

At 0600hrs a United States Marine Corps unit will arrive offshore in a naval task force north of the city.  Four ships from the taskforce are close enough to the shoreline to be visible on the map.  The four ships are the Amphibious Assault Ship USS Wasp, the Landing Ship USS Oak Hill, the Cruiser USS Ticonderoga and the Destroyer USS Bainbridge.  The British SF unit, located at the Annex, (if not already released) will be released to the players control if the USMC lands on the beach.

There are also two ways for the police to join the rebels.  Securing the City Council building, located in the Government Complex, will cause the police to side with the rebels.  (A touch objective is in the two story Fisbuk Prison administration building.  Another touch objective is located around the outside of the City Council building.  Either will trigger the city police to support the rebels.) The police have Canadian advisers embedded who will assist police patrol teams.

Just curious.  Did you meet with the US Agricultural Adviser at the Hotel Rasheed?  Did you find the Regime's Minister of the Interior or can you still hear the execution squads at the MI compound?      

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Hey thanks for the reply and info. The time is 4:33 so I'm on the 33rd minute. I've waited about 5 minutes now and the SF haven't been freed. I've followed the coup briefing and gone to the hotel and found the adviser. I haven't killed the Interior minister and there's still executions.

As for the police, I haven't yet taken the prison with the touch objective! Guess I should get on with that. Thought I just had to free the prisoners.

Very cool.   

The correct location for the WMD will read "WMD confirmed".  Possible WMD locations provided by intelligence will read "WMD?"  So the correct location will initially have "WMD?"  After the correct location (out of 3 or 4 IIRC) is touched it will also read "WMD confirmed".  Then within a minute or two the Regime forces at the Annex will leave.  If they still fail to leave something may have gone wrong.  We tested this one extensively but sometimes unexplained things will happen or fail to happen.  I apologize if the SF trigger failed to work as intended.     

Hope you enjoy it.  If you have questions ask here or send a PM.   

Edited by MOS:96B2P

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

How close to release is your new project, Mos?    If it's anything as innovative as TOC and Coup...  

I had to take a bit of a break from it with other stuff going on.  I basically got a one hour scenario done but then decided I should make a campaign out of it. Of course a campaign will take awhile.   Below is the "Plan" part of the briefing of the mostly finished scenario.  Some screenshots from the scenario are also below.  When I get back into it I'll eventually give it its own thread.   

Plan: 

It is 1500hrs in the city of Chiraq and you’re in charge of maintaining law and order in the warzone known as the Hill Street Precinct during afternoon shift.  Some things to consider:  The ability to prioritize police response to 911 calls and manage limited resources will be useful.  Wise deployment of patrol units will increase the chance of apprehending offenders before they are able to reach an exit zone.  The better your tactics when responding to incidents the more likely your officers will survive to handle the next call.  Through investigations and the use of street snitches detectives can identify, locate and arrest offenders with special emphasis on homicide offenders.  They can also arrange undercover deals leading to more arrests.  Air support can help locate and track vehicles.  The Emergency Action Team (EAT) is trained and equipped to assist with high risk situations.  If you need additional help Midtown Precinct and the National Guard can assist but the cost in victory points will be high.   

If you are able to make good, timely decisions, under pressure, with limited resources, without triggering a riot and are lucky, the officers on your shift may survive the afternoon so they can return tomorrow and do it all over again.  Good luck.  

2payAKKh.jpg

3THaMo1h.jpg     

Etj6B9th.jpg

64Qj7tCh.jpg

11 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

decided I should make a campaign out of it. Of course a campaign will take awhile. 

That is very exciting news...  and yes, I can only imagine the time and effort to make a good campaign that involves force and ammo conservation (and alternate "storyline" paths hopefully).  

Still, since you are on a midwest farm you will have no reason to leave your programming room over the winter period for several months.  :)

Edited by Erwin

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 5:13 AM, Aquila-SWG said:

Playlist which will be updated as it goes along:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlUX4ALH7zTN3Z2ffol_RZfAKfbTE4ysC  

+1.  Very cool to see in action.  I think you might have missed HUMINT on the Hammer's location.  That intel is one of the quicker ways to end the executions at the Ministry of Interior compound.  But there is more than one way to save/recruit the condemned piexeltroopen.  :ph34r:  

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

Completed playthroughs on this and TOC. One of the best times I had in CM.

Although I can rarely watch your CMSF2 stuff (I hate spoilers) I'm currently enjoying your TOC walkthrough.

Oh, I don't know (yet) if you eventually figure it out or not but here are the mechanics of the base camps.

48 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Oh, I don't know (yet) if you eventually figure it out or not but here are the mechanics of the base camps.

To some extent, but victory point calculation indicates that I might´ve missed some aspects of the base camp mechanics.

These posts are quite helpful, especially the IMINT hint should be really handy for planning. 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:56 PM, Erwin said:

Are you planning to release a mod set for COUP that features the amazing work you've done making the ships look authentic plus any other magic you've created?

CMSF2 Coupdetat Ship Models Expansion Download

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1tviryry89g6py7/AAAJpSvGH6u1iEx4WzwVLSnJa?dl=0

It was planned as a personal edit rather than a release and I didn´t bother to align the ships in order to 100% perfectly cover everything and the visible part of the sunken ship was left delibaretly there to simulate broken-off superstructure. There are some helicopters on the flight deck, it was a test if you can quickly combine existing (custom) models and yes you can. The ship files are modtagged with [COUP]. This is only an mod expansion it still requires the other files and mods @MOS:96B2P recommends: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/coup-detat/

Thats the mod folder I specifically used for this playthrough:

Unbenannt.png

Most here are in the Dropbox, Oleksandr´s Chernorussian uniforms and MikeyD´s  pickup can be found on CMMODS. This does not include the permanent mods I use for my CMSF2 playthroughs.

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames

• 3 years later...
44 minutes ago, Casual_Insanity said:

Anyone have the files for the mission. For some reason the machines spirits are angry and the download links on a few good men are not working for either the mission or the briefing.

@Bootie is this something you can fix?