New Scenario: Coup D'etat

On 3/25/2019 at 6:20 PM, Erwin said:

MOS is singlehandedly coming up with some amazing ideas that are redefining/refreshing the typical CM2 scenario and what can be accomplished with the editor.  Amazing stuff.

There are so many talented people in this community, but this really is it in a nutshell.

Going by past history, I think it's time for BFC to ask MOS to come hither.  😉

If it is not clear who the victor in the coup attempt is by 0615hrs (or if the player just wants to) the player can choose to award the AI controlled regime 200 VPs and continue to fight on.  The USMC will then be available for the player's use.  Of course this overt outside intervention will trigger a nationalist backlash in the streets of the city........... Command decision.   Below are some screenshots following a decision to fight on. 

Chaos continued to grip the city with no clear victor emerging.  

tRuTmLCh.jpg

LfX4v3oh.jpg

The task force stationed off the coast became impatient with the continued chaos and escalating threats to their consulates and citizens in the city.  The command decision was made. 

iUW1g8Ah.jpg

61HBgOZh.jpg

9TC8jI0h.jpg

nBY8jBoh.jpg

ARn7GSqh.jpg

Insurgent forces fight their way along Market Street:

bLDKSY9.jpg

A heroic rebel technical crew ambushes regime armour:

8U62pnk.jpg

I wasn't joking about them being heroic, they took out two tanks and an infantry team single-handed at a rather critical moment.....What a fight!  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

To celebrate our victorious coup, local aldermen perform the traditional 'Air Guitar Conga':

5xCSCwM.jpg

See.....I didn't burn everything after all!  ;)

Meanwhile.....Former regime soldier Abdul Aziz decided that, all things considered, his day could have gone a lot worse:

QpQ2f2I.jpg

My hat's off to the mighty @MOS:96B2P for this epic creation.....Absolutely magnificent!  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

The scenario Coup D'etat has been uploaded and is available at the Scenario Depot III.  Link below.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/coup-detat/

Some sound files were to big to load. 

@rocketman created a very cool PDF map and reference document that was also to big to load.  I have a message sent to @Bootie at the FGM site about rocketman's PDF file.  Hopefully the PDF can be added to the Coup scenario post in the next week or so. 

I clicked on all the links that did upload and everything is working as far as I know. 

Enjoy the scenario and if there are any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM. 

Have a safe taxi ride.  And, as @Sgt.Squareheadsaid, don't get in the red taxis.   

Edited by MOS:96B2P

7 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

The scenario Coup D'etat has been uploaded and is available at the Scenario Depot III.  Link below.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/coup-detat/

Some sound files were to big to load. 

@rocketman created a very cool PDF map and reference document that was also to big to load.  I have a message sent to @Bootie at the FGM site about rocketman's PDF file.  Hopefully the PDF can be added to the Coup scenario post in the next week or so. 

I clicked on all the links that did upload and everything is working as far as I know. 

Enjoy the scenario and if there are any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM. 

Have a safe taxi ride.  And, as @Sgt.Squareheadsaid, don't get in the red taxis.   

I might be able to make the PDF file smaller without losing too much quality. What is the upper limit? Would be a pity if people started without it :( now that I  made one.

1 minute ago, rocketman said:

I might be able to make the PDF file smaller without losing too much quality. What is the upper limit? Would be a pity if people started without it :( now that I  made one.

The upload limit is 20MB.  I'm hopeful @Bootie can work some magic to add it to the post.  If not then I guess the only choice would be to cut it down.  It is a very cool, useful document in its present state.    

I will host the documet until it is uploaded at TSD - it can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8weqdobt7pidc8/Coup d Etat Reference and Map Document.pdf?dl=0

Note that the document is best placed on a tablet as an aid while playing the scenario. The map can be zoomed in close. @MOS:96B2P can you add something to the text at TSD so that people know about this download option. Not sure that people not knowing about this scenario thread will look through it all. Maybe a release thread?

Edited by rocketman

6 minutes ago, rocketman said:

can you add something to the text at TSD so that people know about this download option. Not sure that people not knowing about this scenario thread will look through it all. Maybe a release thread?

I will make a release thread and attempt to edit the scenario depot post.  Thanks for hosting the document.