List of user-made Afghanistan scenarios for SF1 and SF2

I thought I'd put together a list of user-made Afghanistan scenarios and campaigns made for CM Shock Force 1 & 2 for people who are interested in this conflict and are looking to play battles that take place there. It might not be the most useful thread ever and I mostly did it for myself really but I hope other people will find it handy.

Feel free to contribute and add battles you have played that also take in this theatre of operation. And if you're a scenario designer, please add your battle to the list as well. And finally if you can identify the author when it is missing that would be nice too.

Also I propose that perhaps in the future Afghanistan scenarios get an AFG prefix in their title so they're easier to find in the scenario list in the game.

example : AFG - blah blah.btt

But maybe this won't work because a module based prefix works better so people who don't have the full game know which scenarios there are able to play?

Anyway here is the list I have so far.

Scenarios :

RvR Afghanistan part 1 ( Airport of Bagram ) - by Romm
RvR Afghanistan part 2 ( la passe de Salang ) - by Romm
UK Habibollah Kalay or 'Day of Days' - by Combatintman
UK Into The Green - by Combatintman
UK Zumbelay - by Combatintman
UK-Into The Green Zone - by jonathan swetnam
US A taliban's tactical assault or Haschim Khan - by snake eye
US Afghani Stan - by ?
US Meeting an Elder - by ?
US Mujahideen Valley - by ?
US One Night in Waziristan - by ? (technically Pakistan but close enough)
USMC Le salaire de la peur V2 - by RommL

Campaigns :

The Heart of Darkness Campaign -  by dragonwynn

Note :

These are the titles of the battles based on the big rar file I downloaded from a thread somewhere on this forum. I think the person who compiled the rar might have altered the titles of the battles slightly for organizational purposes so the actual name might be slightly different if you got these from another source.

I am sure there are more. This is just what I got from memory and by quickly checking out scenarios purely based on their names.

I second this effort. Afghanistan is a cool depiction . I wish to mention also - not sure how many here agree - I simply Love those scenarios that contains a handful / manageable force (5 / 6 units infantry +/- Humvees or jeeps to get around ) and allows one ample of time to manouver & savor the doodads around. I know I know CMSF is not a special forces game - but I’ve seen many gifted authors design small intense ones. @Combatintman comes to mind 

35 minutes ago, Zveroboy1 said:

I thought I'd put together a list of user-made Afghanistan scenarios and campaigns made for CM Shock Force 1 & 2 for people who are interested in this conflict and are looking to play battles that take place there. It might not be the most useful thread ever and I mostly did it for myself really but I hope other people will find it handy.

Feel free to contribute and add battles you have played that also take in this theatre of operation. And if you're a scenario designer, please add your battle to the list as well. And finally if you can identify the author when it is missing that would be nice too.

Also I propose that perhaps in the future Afghanistan scenarios get an AFG prefix in their title so they're easier to find in the scenario list in the game.

example : AFG - blah blah.btt

But maybe this won't work because a module based prefix works better so people who don't have the full game know which scenarios there are able to play?

Anyway here is the list I have so far.

Scenarios :

RvR Afghanistan part 1 ( Airport of Bagram ) - by Romm
RvR Afghanistan part 2 ( la passe de Salang ) - by Romm
UK Habibollah Kalay or 'Day of Days' - by Combatintman
UK Into The Green - by Combatintman
UK Zumbelay - by Combatintman
UK-Into The Green Zone - by jonathan swetnam
US A taliban's tactical assault or Haschim Khan - by snake eye
US Afghani Stan - by ?
US Meeting an Elder - by ?
US Mujahideen Valley - by ?
US One Night in Waziristan - by ? (technically Pakistan but close enough)
USMC Le salaire de la peur V2 - by RommL

Campaigns :

The Heart of Darkness Campaign -  by dragonwynn

Note :

These are the titles of the battles based on the big rar file I downloaded from a thread somewhere on this forum. I think the person who compiled the rar might have altered the titles of the battles slightly for organizational purposes so the actual name might be slightly different if you got these from another source.

I am sure there are more. This is just what I got from memory and by quickly checking out scenarios purely based on their names.

I've done more than that mate - anything with 'Op GLACIER' in the title is set in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, I did at least two and possibly three of these.

Hey 3j2m7,  no need to send me anything, please just copy and paste in this thread the names of all the scenarios you made or know of! I made this thread so people could contribute to it and in the end we can all have a complete list.

No, I am not sure that's all the SF1 scenarios ever made.  Probably not.

Edited by Zveroboy1
asdf

Adding a bunch to the list after looking at what's available at the scenario depot :

• USMC Where Eagles Die - by Sixxkiller (briefing in zip file only)
  • Today We Fight or Hoy Combatimos - by Steiner (briefing in Spanish)
  • SG – USMC – Hakhani Assault - by Stagler
  • Operation NEPTUNE SPEAR - by Combatintman
  • Green 9 - by Combatintman
  • Op MINIMISE - by Combatintman
  • Operation Volcano - by ?
  • Operation Glacier 4 - by Combatintman
  • Operation Glacier 2 - by Combatintman
  • Operation Glacier 1 - by Combatintman
  • Joint Venture - by ?
  • First Light of Dawn Redux - by Michael Jones
  • Deserted Village - by ?
  • Belly of the Whale - by ?

Edited by Zveroboy1
formating

• 2 years later...

I've been working on & off on this for awhile but I'm finally ready to release an "Initial Beta" for the CMSF2-Afghanistan modpack...

Mods used, include...

CMA terrain (tweaked & resized for CMSF2),

CMA trees by @Bil Hardenberger (reordered & tweaked for CMSF2),

A mix of (tweaked) foliage from @SeinfeldRules & @Kieme(ITA),

ANA, Taliban, poppies & walls by @Zveroboy1,

US Uniforms by @IICptMillerII,

Other uniforms by @JMDECC,

A mix of buildings by @Zveroboy1 & @Kieme(ITA) (although reworked to standard resolutions),

A bunch of vehicle mods... mostly by @MikeyD or from CMA,

ME soundscape 1.5 alongside (subdued) voices from HQS & extra Afghan FO voices & ambient sounds,

ME Effects (beta 4),

"Heaven & Earth" skybox plus background by @Kieme(ITA),

@BarbaricCo movie mode shaders,

Flavour objects from CMA & (for the [mountains] tag) its background,

Modified CMSF2 @Vinnart icons (as per "Heaven & Earth"),

Modified @xacto Chaos theme UI,

Afghanistan music extras.

So far, there's only one tag in the modpack, [mountains] which can be activated by the usual CMSF2 method... however I've also added a number of zipped mods which can be unpacked when required...

@Zveroboy1's ANP Technicals,

A rudimentary 'Dutch to ANA' mod (for use with the 'Heart of Darkness' campaign),

Updated CMSF2 'Marsh to Water' mod (again, for use with the 'Heart of Darkness' campaign).

Here's the download link, as per usual with my stuff, it's advised to put all of this into an EMPTY mod folder only.

Some screenshots...

jWzHz1r.png

2ZDWQiZ.png

f2kAxmM.png

Edited by 37mm

5 hours ago, 37mm said:

I've been working on & off on this for awhile but I'm finally ready to release an "Initial Beta" for the CMSF2-Afghanistan modpack...

Mods used, include...

CMA terrain (tweaked & resized for CMSF2),

CMA trees by @Bil Hardenberger (reordered & tweaked for CMSF2),

A mix of (tweaked) foliage from @SeinfeldRules & @Kieme(ITA),

ANA, Taliban, poppies & walls by @Zveroboy1,

US Uniforms by @IICptMillerII,

Other uniforms by @JMDECC,

A mix of buildings by @Zveroboy1 & @Kieme(ITA) (although reworked to standard resolutions),

A bunch of vehicle mods... mostly by @MikeyD or from CMA,

ME soundscape 1.5 alongside (subdued) voices from HQS & extra Afghan FO voices & ambient sounds,

ME Effects (beta 4),

"Heaven & Earth" skybox plus background by @Kieme(ITA),

@BarbaricCo movie mode shaders,

Flavour objects from CMA & (for the [mountains] tag) its background,

Modified CMSF2 @Vinnart icons (as per "Heaven & Earth"),

Modified @xacto Chaos theme UI,

Afghanistan music extras.

So far, there's only one tag in the modpack, [mountains] which can be activated by the usual CMSF2 method... however I've also added a number of zipped mods which can be unpacked when required...

@Zveroboy1's ANP Technicals,

A rudimentary 'Dutch to ANA' mod (for use with the 'Heart of Darkness' campaign),

Updated CMSF2 'Marsh to Water' mod (again, for use with the 'Heart of Darkness' campaign).

Here's the download link, as per usual with my stuff, it's advised to put all of this into an EMPTY mod folder only.

Some screenshots...

jWzHz1r.png

2ZDWQiZ.png

f2kAxmM.png

Woaww this is nice to see

I don't know if this is the because the sun reflect but is beautiful, and will be a pleasure to play it! 

On 1/28/2019 at 11:05 AM, Combatintman said:

@Zveroboy1 - I think you've captured all of mine now - including a couple I'd forgotten about! Looks like I'm king of the hill for Afghan scenarios 😏

I’m still here 🙂🙂🙂 thanks ladies for all this . I need to get into the generals seat - and report back soon.