What would be your priority wish? More Families, or more content for existing Families?

North Africa from June 1940 to May 1943. Base game and three or four modules and maybe a handful of battle packs.

Arab-Israeli wars 1948-1973 at least.

Korea the first year.

WW II The Blitzkrieg Years: Poland; Norway; France, Belgium, The Netherlands; The Balkans; the first three months of the GPW.

I make no claim for any of those as viable commercial ventures, they are just my personal wish list.

Michael

Responding to my own question, I'm going to come out and say I'd prefer to see the existing Families expanded. I think Red Thunder and Last Blitzkrieg need more than one module. Last Blitzkrieg needs a Commonwealth Module which need not be centered on the Bulge, in addition to one bringing us to the end of the war . And hey if were getting Brazilians in CMFI, couldn't we have the French for the wars end? That's when French forces were at their largest. Another Red Thunder Module can be centered on Budapest and add at least the Finns. We'll soon get Rome to Victory for CMFI but an Elite Forces module for for that Family and something similar could still be added to CMBN. Don't even get me started on what could be added to Black Sea and I'm totally with SBurke, how about more for CMSF 2 someday?

2 hours ago, Sequoia said:

...couldn't we have the French for the wars end? That's when French forces were at their largest.

IMHO the best point to introduce them would be during August 1944 Anvil/Dragoon. From that point French forces expanded dramatically since now they could recruit from Metropolitan France as it became liberated.

Michael

16 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

IMHO the best point to introduce them would be during August 1944 Anvil/Dragoon. From that point French forces expanded dramatically since now they could recruit from Metropolitan France as it became liberated.

Michael

Agreed. Some French forces running through CMBN and CMFB would be nice.

My thoughts on the matter have been expressed lots of times before. Go mid and early war. :) I always fear the day CM3 becomes a thing we're back to Normandy yet again.

France, 1940: When PzII's were feared!

Crossing the Meuse and the battle at Dinant. The battles in the Ardennes. Modeling the behemoth French tanks. The Maginot forts...with their sub-levels and disappearing turrets. Eben Emael. Arras. Dunkirk. Etc.

This would segue nicely, both backwards and forwards, for Poland '39, and Soviet Union '41.

It would necessitate horses and wagons. That would open up...a lot. Napoleon, US Civil War, Crimea, etc. Obviously, bayonets and sabers (and by extension, all Hand-to-Hand combat) would need to be modeled to expand into these eras.

15 minutes ago, c3k said:

France, 1940: When PzII's were feared!

Crossing the Meuse and the battle at Dinant. The battles in the Ardennes. Modeling the behemoth French tanks. The Maginot forts...with their sub-levels and disappearing turrets. Eben Emael. Arras. Dunkirk. Etc.

This would segue nicely, both backwards and forwards, for Poland '39, and Soviet Union '41.

It would necessitate horses and wagons. That would open up...a lot. Napoleon, US Civil War, Crimea, etc. Obviously, bayonets and sabers (and by extension, all Hand-to-Hand combat) would need to be modeled to expand into these eras.

Longtime ago, Mord did the pixels soldiers....and Battlefront did the Time Machine...!!

On 1/26/2019 at 5:26 AM, IanL said:

Whatever they care to create :)

This, obviously. Though if I was actually able to have a single modicum of influence on what they release next: battlepacks for Black Sea. The team has a well-thought out strategic and operational chain of events for the game that are itching to be fleshed out. 

In fact, I think focusing on smaller, shorter releases would benefit every title after the next spate of modules. As much as everyone is looking forward to the end-war modules and the hinted-at formation expansions in Black Sea, I'd like to see the singleplayer experience built up some more with the type of small, 3-6 mission campaigns we've seen recently.

Edited by Rinaldi

Ok, time to stop wishing. lets get out the check books, everyone interested in making a silent bid, send checks cashable to Steve, winner with the highest bid gets their number one on their list next on the present projects to do list.

Now who here has the biggest bank account that has the same wish as me. (pool our money man)

😁

On 1/26/2019 at 12:39 AM, absolutmauser said:

Combat Mission: Pacific

I'll get my coat. 

Yeah let me grab my leather Jacket. I would love to see something Pacific , even if it were Okinawa and Philippines also some China-Burma thrown in. With these Battles anything near the

beaches could be avoided, thereby allowing the current engine to handle it. But I know, not popular enough. So my next wish would be eastern Front 41-43

I think it's obvious the number one country for Battlefront sales is the U.S. but I seem to recall a recent post by Steve detailing a rough order of purchases by country. Does any one else remember this? It could give us something to go on as to where Battlefront may be influenced as to what it may develop.

I think 90% of sales on the wargaming market is the US ( the traditional grog wargaming, not World Of Tanks or FPS crap ). I know this, because I made pools on the boardgaming and computer wargming FB groups and such were the results. More than 60% of the players are also 50+ years old.  That's why we will continue getting Normany over and over again.

13 minutes ago, Ivanov said:

I think 90% of sales on the wargaming market is the US ( the traditional grog wargaming, not World Of Tanks or FPS crap ). I know this, because I made pools on the boardgaming and computer wargming FB groups and such were the results. More than 60% of the players are also 50+ years old.  That's why we will continue getting Normany over and over again.

There is truth to this.  What puzzles me is if most players are over 50 now, why were gamers mostly into East Front and playing Germans 20-30 years ago, and now we're told that the market wants to play the US or Soviets?  When or how did that taste change?

39 minutes ago, Erwin said:

There is truth to this.  What puzzles me is if most players are over 50 now, why were gamers mostly into East Front and playing Germans 20-30 years ago, and now we're told that the market wants to play the US or Soviets?  When or how did that taste change?

I think still a lot of people like playing as the Germans. I'm also in this group, because their combined arms and support weapons work better, than in case of Allies or the Soviets. Still, I rarely play as the Germans, because most of my opponents insist on playing as the Huns 😁 What's new, is that there's a bigger interest in playing as the Soviets. Maybe it's because of the end of the Cold War? Maybe because more research has been done on them during the last 20-30 years, so now they are seen differently, than just drunken, faceless masses?

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

When or how did that taste change?

I don't know how to answer your question other than to say, tastes change, people change, Interests grow and shrink and warp. When I started out comp gaming wargames and WWII were a tiny fraction of what I played. After CMBO, WWII and Combat Mission were a huge fraction of what I played. Then in 2014 my cousin's roommate managed to talk up Shogun II and Rome II (despite my so so memories of Shogun I and thinking TW as a whole was gamey) enough to get me to want to try them. Now wargames are a huge fraction of what I play but tanks and machine guns are slowly being replaced by an insatiable appetite for catapults, phalanxes and cataphract. I still love WWII, I still love modern arms stuff, but I have expanded further than I ever thought into areas I was only mildly interested in. Why did my tastes evolve? I don't know. But I am glad they did.

Slightly OT but I was thinking about historical era game trends the other day. And I am beginning to think that Rome is becoming the new WWII. Not that it's replacing WWII but beginning an ascent like say happened around 2000. I don't remember any other time in gaming where there have been so many options for ancients/Rome focused titles than right now. Rome II released two DLCs in 2018 (one in Nov 2017), we have Field of Glory II + DLCs, Aggressors Rome, Paradox is working on Imperator Rome, and AGEOD is coming out with Field of Glory: Empires, previously they had Alea Jacta Est with 5 DLCs. There's also been interesting little titles like Quadriga (what a gem of a game!) and Mare Nostrvm. I could go on and on. My prediction is that it will continue in popularity over the next decade. Why now? I don't know. But I am glad it's happening.

WWI seems to be on an up swing too.

Any thoughts?

Mord.

Edited by Mord

OK so I fibbed. I remember David Hemery winning the 400m Hurdles Gold medal in Mexco in '68.

Slightly less tongue in cheek. A CM Weltkrieg 1968 wouldn't interest me for the same reason that none of the modern titles wouldn't. A brief scan of my posting history is enough to let people know that I only play WW2. Luckily BFC is a broad church and there are plenty of gamers out there to buy the modern titles.