THIS GAME......IS AMAZING

hanshammer

So I picked up Black Sea about 3 months ago.... this game is truly amazing. The amount of micromanaging you can do is staggering ,  

the choices and strategy  you can make  is endless ……. do I take more ammo  ...or do I keep em lite so they are faster … do I call in air support or use artillery , do I throw down a

smoke screen or just try to run thru an ambush …. do I go to the high ground of try to infiltrate thru the forest ….do I leave my flanks exposed and go for the throat ...or play it safe ….. the campaigns, quick battles,  an building my own battles are great and endless ...

I find myself constantly thinking about the game... how "next time" I will do things differently and try a new approach …  or bring  a different troop package into battle .

I am sure there are people out there that don't like the game or are sick of it by now  or want to change this and that , and I don't disagree that  I wish I could

change some things or improve others  , but for someone new to it.... I am like a little kid on Christmas all over again ….

Edited by hanshammer

1 hour ago, hanshammer said:

I find myself constantly thinking about the game...

We have a live one! Welcome to the rest of your wargaming life. You are among fellow addicts. We understand.

Mord.

36 minutes ago, hanshammer said:

yes I have been an addict for a while now ….. and yeah that is just vs AI.... I would feeble opponent currently …. is there big online crowd if you do want to find a game ? 

The Few Good Men would be a good starting point:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/#combat-mission-section.206

I'm not signed up there so can't speak with any knowledge but @IanL can probably give you an idea of how easy it is to hook up with an opponent.

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:
2 hours ago, hanshammer said:

yes I have been an addict for a while now ….. and yeah that is just vs AI.... I would feeble opponent currently …. is there big online crowd if you do want to find a game ? 

The Few Good Men would be a good starting point:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/#combat-mission-section.206

I'm not signed up there so can't speak with any knowledge but @IanL can probably give you an idea of how easy it is to hook up with an opponent.

Yep pretty damn easy.

Also theBlitz.org has a lot of opportunities to play. I've been on the blitz for longer and find lots of games there frequently via the Scenario of the Month that I help run. Over at TFGM I typically engage in tournaments and campaigns - which are awesome - but there is plenty of just regular opponent finding going on there too.

Also check out the "New to Multiplayer" section of the FAQ:

Here you go. I apologize if I left derogatory file names.. I can't help myself. My scenarios folder is really bad. I'm ****ed up. :D

You can extract both folders (00001 conversions and other) right into your quick battle maps folder found in documents>CM>Black Sea>Game Files IF YOU WANT ORGANIZATION

If not, drop all the files into quick battle maps. The folders really do help keep you sane though.

To access (if dropped using folders):

Open scenario editor, open file by clicking through folders, SAVE THE FILE IN one of the stock folders.. (Scenarios, quick battle maps). This way the game will read the map in QUICK  BATTLES from the main CMBS splash screen. 

Of course you can dump all the maps into quick battle maps.. but it's a real mess. Just like this post. A lot of downloaded maps were never put in my conversions folder since they didn't require converting from a different title. They can be found in the quick battles folder in the archive. It is up to you whether you want to separate these into a separate folder. 

The files found in "NoWorko" folder are converted maps that I haven't had the time to get to. They require you to remove all the houses and replace them. And they should work just fine. They'll load in editor but won't start in 3D editor or the game itself. Because of the houses. 

So yeah. A consistent amount of gold in conversions and some you'll have to pan for in my quick battles folder (Rad Full 2 - the best map !!!!!!)

If anyone else wants to download this feel free to add to your collection. Any questions or whatever let me know.

Here is the link:

https://ufile.io/7vcne

In addition, I downloaded ALL the content I could for CMSF2 from the CMSF1 pages on TheFewGoodMen/TSD3/TPG3. All scenarios all the maps. So if someone wants that let me know. It's a lot of files... Too bad CMSF2 won't play nice with ported content. 

Edited by Artkin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, Artkin said:

Here you go. I apologize if I left derogatory file names.. I can't help myself. My scenarios folder is really bad. I'm ****ed up. :D

You can extract both folders (00001 conversions and other) right into your quick battle maps folder found in documents>CM>Black Sea>Game Files IF YOU WANT ORGANIZATION

If not, drop all the files into quick battle maps. The folders really do help keep you sane though.

To access (if dropped using folders):

Open scenario editor, open file by clicking through folders, SAVE THE FILE IN one of the stock folders.. (Scenarios, quick battle maps). This way the game will read the map in QUICK  BATTLES from the main CMBS splash screen. 

Of course you can dump all the maps into quick battle maps.. but it's a real mess. Just like this post. A lot of downloaded maps were never put in my conversions folder since they didn't require converting from a different title. They can be found in the quick battles folder in the archive. It is up to you whether you want to separate these into a separate folder. 

The files found in "NoWorko" folder are converted maps that I haven't had the time to get to. They require you to remove all the houses and replace them. And they should work just fine. They'll load in editor but won't start in 3D editor or the game itself. Because of the houses. 

So yeah. A consistent amount of gold in conversions and some you'll have to pan for in my quick battles folder (Rad Full 2 - the best map !!!!!!)

If anyone else wants to download this feel free to add to your collection. Any questions or whatever let me know.

Here is the link:

https://ufile.io/7vcne

In addition, I downloaded ALL the content I could for CMSF2 from the CMSF1 pages on TheFewGoodMen/TSD3/TPG3. All scenarios all the maps. So if someone wants that let me know. It's a lot of files... Too bad CMSF2 won't play nice with ported content. 

the file expired :(