What should I do first?

On 1/22/2019 at 4:59 PM, Ridaz said:

Yup just finish the the devon training campaign

Good move. From there it‘s training, training, training...

It‘s good advise to keep it small, but don‘t stick to the book. The skills to maneuvre a platoon won‘t help you much to command, say,   two companies (unless you have something like 400years to spend).

Rather play what you like or what thrills you. But don‘t let it get too big. That becomes frustrating quickly.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:28 PM, Ridaz said:

After more than year, I have decided to pick up CMBN as my first WW2 combat mission. Problem is I do not know what to do first, since there are a plethora of content ready

Any idea?

Set out on the 'Road to Montebourg' campaign. The version that comes with the game, not the revised version you can download. The revised version is much harder in some missions. Stay away from the 'Courage and Fortitude' campaign for the time being..

9 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Set out on the 'Road to Montebourg' campaign. The version that comes with the game, not the revised version you can download. The revised version is much harder in some missions. Stay away from the 'Courage and Fortitude' campaign for the time being..

Courage and Fortitude's first mission is relatively easy for what the next mission has for you...

Best to play Courage and Fortitude when one has built up the confidence/arrogance that one is rally good at CM2.  It is humbling. 

It's worth grinding thru it as the final mission in C&F campaign was one of my all-time WW2 favorites.  (It is huge - IIRC a Regimental sized Combined Arms Task Force.)

17 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Is the revised version more suitable for 4.0? What has changed? Where do I get it?

11 hours ago, Ridaz said:

Is the revised version more suitable for 4.0? What has changed? Where do I get it?

The author added air support to some missions (pretty useless because you can't really get LOS to call it in and it is very ineffective anyway), boosted enemy morale a bit and added a few enemy guns in key places. I don't know if it's suitable for 4.0, not more or less than any other CM game I guess.