Battle Pack 1

Icechuck

Hey everyone, I just picked up CMBS after dumping an excessive amount of playtime in to the WW2 titles and SF2, and am trying to activate my key for the battle pack, but, it doesn't appear to be working. It just says it redeemed the main game and I'm not seeing any new engagements in the Battle menu. Anyone know a fix or how to properly redeem the key?

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Are you using the activate new products shortcut to activate the battle pack?  Just checking as that is the process.  If that is the case and it isn't working I'd suggest contacting the helpdesk.  The shortcut is in the same folder as the CMBS exe

I am using the shortcut. I'll be sure to put in a ticket if I can't get it working tonight, thanks.

When CMBS launches is it version 2.10 (lower right of main menu screen) ? Do you see the second icon that is an explosion in the lower left ? I don't know for certain if the current downloads are 2.10 and have the Battle Pack content in them (waiting to be activated) or if you have to install the patch ('CMBS Engine 4 (v2.0 through v2.10)').

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, Schrullenhaft said:

When CMBS launches is it version 2.10 (lower right of main menu screen) ? Do you see the second icon that is an explosion in the lower left ? I don't know for certain if the current downloads are 2.10 and have the Battle Pack content in them (waiting to be activated) or if you have to install the patch ('CMBS Engine 4 (v2.0 through v2.10)').

I do not see that lower explosion insignia. 

Edit: It appears the key marked for the Battle Pack is another key for the game? 

Edited by Icechuck

The 'explosion' icon in the lower left (only appearing on the main menu page at initial launch, same with the game/engine version info in the lower right) represents an activated 'Battle Pack'. It will not appear until the Battle Pack is activated. The 2.10 patch installs the actual Battle Pack content. Attempting to activate with the Battle Pack license key before installing the 2.10 patch will, I assume, simply result in an error message about the key or simply displaying the confirmation that the base game itself is activated. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure if the latest downloads for CMBS already have the 2.10 patch installed or if that is necessary to download separately and install. Once the 2.10 patch is installed, you can activate the Battle Pack (via the 'Activate New Products CMBS' shortcut that will be in your CMBS installation - often located at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Black Sea').