USMC Helmets and Gear

Thanks Ian, but I have always only used Best for all the options in all the games, except for choosing the less Tree Detail.  I think I see what I did, though, and it was partly an illusion depending on viewing angle.  Anyway, looks like I fixed things. 

If I hadn't decided to tackle the full uniforms last week in addition to the gear and helmets, I'd have some of these mods out the door by now. Sorry to those that are actually waiting for them. "Soon", as in the royal (BFC) soon. 😎

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

Yes that does help. I suppose I could have investigated that myself, but one more question and sorry if I'm being lazy and again not looking, but do the Marine LAV crews use tanker uniforms as well? 

Thanks

Army uses "smod_american_uniform_ucp-tanker" and Marines use "smod_american_uniform_tan-tanker".

LAVs use the Marine tanker uni with tanker helmet

Brads use the regular Army uni with a tanker helmet

One more question like that and I am changing your screen name to Erwin. LOL.

@mjkerner GOOD STUFF, brother! Really nice work, man!

Mord.

Edited by Mord

4 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

That wouldn't be bad. I'm sure there's been guys whose screen name you've wanted to change to far, far worse.  

Yeah, mine, "MC Stud Muffins" but I am used to Mord at this point.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Thanks MC Stud Muffins (shouldn't that be singular?).

This project started out small, just some simple gear and helmets, but it expanded  and I find myself spending way too much time on it.  So even though I'm not that happy with certain parts, I'm uploading it at CMMODs III, because I want to get on to other projects. I will certainly entertain all suggestions, changes, etc. I can always issue a version 2.  I don't know how long it takes to get "Author" approval at CMMODs, plus I have about 7" of snow to shovel out of the driveway, so don't know exactly when it will be up.  

I hope they meet expectations.

woodi2.png

woodi1.png

woodi3.png

digi4.png

digi3.png

deswood1_1.png

deswood3.png

Des-digi3.png

Des-digi2.png

57 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Thanks MC Stud Muffins (shouldn't that be singular?).

When you're this sexy you gotta go plural, anything less is an affront to God and nature.

I like those last three screens the best.

Mord.

They more then meet expectations. I like to come to this thread to just look at the picture because they look so great. Is that geeky?

As for requests, just wondering if there could be very much variation done on the vehicle crew uniforms? In my mind they'd be the last in line to receive Desert Marpat.

As for the snow, just let it sit. It should all be gone by July anyway.

4 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

As for requests, just wondering if there could be very much variation done on the vehicle crew uniforms? In my mind they'd be the last in line to receive Desert Marpat.

As for the snow, just let it sit. It should all be gone by July anyway.

That's easily fixable. The vehicle crews (at least LAVs) don't share unis.

He shouldn't be shoveling anything, he had heart surgery a year and a half ago! I'd kick him in his ass if my foot could reach.

Mord.

pfffft,  I eat quad bypasses for breakfast! I’ve been a workout-aholic for about 35 years, and I think if I hadn’t been such a dedicated smoker at the same time, I could have avoided the heart attacks (first was in ‘92). But, I quit smoking for good after the bypass, believe me! What with the workouts and, finally, dieting at the same time, I’m in my best shape ever. Which, considering I’m 65, that’s saying a lot, lol.

Sequoia, if it wasn’t for you, I’d never have finally learned how to spell “sequoia”....plus, thanks for your enthusiasm! I had almost forgotten the tankers until you mentioned them. I already started on it yesterday, but it will be a quick woodland camo and that’ll be it. I owe Mord some Syrian stuff next, so have to get on it before he starts throwing heavy metal videos into this thread!

7 hours ago, mjkerner said:

What with the workouts and, finally, dieting at the same time, I’m in my best shape ever. Which, considering I’m 65, that’s saying a lot, lol.

Well, that's good to hear, man. Sincerely. Hope you stick around for another 20.

7 hours ago, mjkerner said:

I owe Mord some Syrian stuff next, so have to get on it before he starts throwing heavy metal videos into this thread! 

Take your time. No rush. I've got so much real life s*** going on right now I'll refrain from the Metal assault/torture. On top of it I am gonna be the big 5-0 Tuesday! I don't know whether to cry or be happy I made it. I can remember when 30 was unfathomable.

Mord.

Sequoia, I was thinking just some camo for Fighters and a little more uniformity...sort of, for the Combatants. Nothing too fancy, just variety. But they and the Syrian Army types are great bases for a kinds of other similar types around the world.  SE Asia has its hot spots, and Africa remains its usual hotbed self, so plenty of fun mods in the future, I think. This isn’t meant to be as bloodthirsty as it may sound, it’s just that there are so many different types of uniforms and weapon combos possible to mod. For example, the Fighters are a near perfect base for certain Al-Shabaab units. 

Happy Birthday, Mord! Congratulations on making 50! Where does the time go, eh?

48 minutes ago, Mord said:

On top of it I am gonna be the big 5-0 Tuesday! I don't know whether to cry or be happy I made it. I can remember when 30 was unfathomable.

Mord.

I'll be hitting the ground in Delhi on your B day.  I'll get food poisoning in your honor- how's that for friendship and commitment?

Funny when I was in my 20s I was resigned to the fact that I was sure I'd never make 40.  Turns out the best part of my life has been post 45.

31 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Happy Birthday, Mord! Congratulations on making 50! Where does the time go, eh?

Thanks! But save it for Tuesday LOL. The way things are going it may be the only one I get. And yeah, where does it go? I was 31 when I joined the forums.

32 minutes ago, sburke said:

I'll be hitting the ground in Delhi on your B day.  I'll get food poisoning in your honor- how's that for friendship and commitment?

Remember your table manners. We don't want any international incidents involving your inability to function around cheese.

34 minutes ago, sburke said:

Funny when I was in my 20s I was resigned to the fact that I was sure I'd never make 40.  Turns out the best part of my life has been post 45.

I think that's pre-programed into every male on the planet.

46-48 were pretty good for me.

Mord.

Help, no one has replied to my email at CMMODs to become an author, so I can’t upload.  It’s been over 24 hours, so I figured to hear from Martin/GaJ by now. Is Bootie around, I think he’s the liaison?

edit: I messaged Bootie, so hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Edited by mjkerner

No, I haven't heard from either GaJ/Martin, or Bootie. I didn't realize that uploading to CMMODs could be problematic.

Good news is, I took the time to review everything, and decided that some significant changes were needed, and made them.

While you're waiting, here's the Readme for it:

USMC Uniform Mods for Combat Mission Shock Force 2

This uniform mod offers some variety for the US Marines uniforms, helmets, and gear. They are contained in the following folders:

USMC Digital Gear
USMC OD Gear
USMC Woodland  Gear
USMC Digital  Helmets
USMC OD Helmets
USMC Woodland  Helmets
USMC Desert  Uniform-OD Vest
USMC Desert  Uniform-Digital  Vests
USMC Desert Uniform-Woodland  Vests
USMC Digital  Uniform-OD Vest
USMC Digital  Uniform-Tan Vest
USMC Woodland  Uniform-OD Vest
USMC Woodland Uniform-Tan Vest
USMC Woodland Uniform-Woodland Vest

A couple of things....

1. I refer to what is officially designated "Woodland Marpat" camouflage as "Digital" simply to differentiate it from the US Woodland (non-digital) pattern.

2. The USMC uniform texture files include the plate carriers/armor vests, making it impossible to have separate "vest" files. What I have done instead is to mod the game's original desert marpat uniform, my digital uniform, and my woodland uniform bmps so that they are "wearing" various types of vests...OD, digital, and woodland. Because it just looked too busy, I did not put digital vests on the woodland uniform, woodland vests on the digital uniforms, nor digital vests on the digital uniforms. 

BEWARE: Although the USMC uniforms and helmets in CMSF2 are distinctly separate textures, there are some items of gear that, as far as I can tell, use some of the textures used by the US Army pixeltruppen. (These have the tag "[brown]" added to their names in the game's texture files.) Because of this, using the Gear mods may cause US Army troops to have some gear show up in game in the modded version you are using.

Much thanks to our very own Modding Metalhead Maniac Mord (a/k/a MC Stud Muffins) for his encouragement and original inspiration to start modding way back when, and to all the Forumites who also lent their encouragement and support for this mod.

Cheers!

mjk

To install:   Download and unzip the file, pick the folder(s) you want, and put it in the "Combat Mission/Shock Force 2/User Data/Mods folder (where you put all your other mods).