Fortress Italy bugs

2 hours ago, Combatintman said:

You have yet to show an image of a Stummel in a LW armoured unit to prove your point about how the crews should be dressed.

If you're talking about a real photograph, then I'm afraid there's few chances that one would ever have been taken in these specific conditions (a Stummel from the Hermann Goering Division in Italy 1943-1944 with the crew visible, considering that there were only about six per battalion and the Propaganda Kompanie would rather have headed towards the Panzers, in the few times they were in Italy).

I'm using deduction here, because I've got no material of the sort. There is apparently no reason that the crew historically did not use the standard uniform.

I've noted that Heer Stummel crews wear the Sturmartillerie uniform, with helmets. Battlefront probably had trouble finding the equivalent Luftwaffe uniform, and not wanting to make a new one specifically for Stummels settled for Fallschirmjaeger uniforms.

Luftwaffe assault gun crews don't wear the white Hermann Goering collar insignia, they wear the feldgrau panzer division wrap with red piping and Luftwaffe eagle.

Christ, this is really grinding my gears.

Edit: Got Brummbars from the division

Panzertruppen of Fallschirmjäger-Panzer-Division “Hermann Göring” (2)

8321770992_41e1453a18.jpg

They're from the same service, and they're wearing black Panzer jackets. One of them seems to be wearing feldgrau, and seeing how dark the piping seems to be, it should be red. If they were inside an open-topped assault gun like the Stummel they probably would have traded their side caps for helmets.

Edited by Frenchy56

Okay, now I've noticed that these Fallschirmjaeger also man the Luftwaffe tank destroyers

4AE082DE48C05DC8B726B9A5073CB9C73CA0FD09

Maybe they're some sort of stand-in for helmeted self-propelled gun crews? Why did Battlefront not do the same thing as the Heer's equivalent and just give them the steel helmet?

Edited by Frenchy56

18 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

If you're talking about a real photograph, then I'm afraid there's few chances that one would ever have been taken in these specific conditions (a Stummel from the Hermann Goering Division in Italy 1943-1944 with the crew visible).

I'm using deduction here, because I've got no material of the sort. There is apparently no reason that the crew historically did not use the standard uniform.

I've noted that Heer Stummel crews wear the Sturmartillerie uniform, with helmets. Battlefront probably had trouble finding the equivalent Luftwaffe uniform, and settled for Fallschirmjaeger uniforms.

And this is exactly the point that @sburkeraised earlier. Evidence always helps in these discussions and, if you are making a reasonable deduction in the absence of it, then you need to say so rather than punt out a one liner about Stummel crew uniforms, post modded in-game images of those 'wrong' uniforms without initially declaring it and posting WW2 photos to support the argument without any apparent context.

Here's some more food for thought

683a498178b10b139cf8a065f37fb574.jpg

Guy on the left is wearing a Fallschirmjaeger helmet. They might be training in Germany.

e092ee123cd645dbf4a338d92c10afdc.jpg

The boys are wearing their sidecaps, not in combat, and they're wearing the white collar tabs.

Luftwaffe-09.jpg

In the field, white collar tabs and caps again.

992ab47119faf2f12b750a8b7f6e2c19.jpg

This looks closer to the game's depiction, however everyone's wearing the helmet and tropical uniforms.

d161d8a3a4848f5554783ab429bea0f8.jpg

Seemingly the same boys. Looks like they're Fallschirmjaeger themselves.

Edited by Frenchy56

Okay, now we've learned that SPG crews indeed wore the Fallschirmjaeger helmet. But they seemingly did not wear the Knochensack. The pictures I found seem to all be in Italy, unless stated otherwise.

Battlefront probably had trouble combining the SPG wrap with said helmet, so instead they opted to put Fallschirmjaeger in the SPGs. It would still be incorrect.

Edit: Here's a thread I found about those tropical guys. It's said that they're wearing regular Luftwaffe tropical uniforms, but then the paras next to them seem to be doing the same.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/fallschirmjagers-marders-in-italy-t29777.html#p601942

fsjg_1.jpg

This guy on the right is definitely wearing an SPG uniform.

Edited by Frenchy56

33 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

Okay, now I've noticed that these Fallschirmjaeger also man the Luftwaffe tank destroyers

4AE082DE48C05DC8B726B9A5073CB9C73CA0FD09

Maybe they're some sort of stand-in for helmeted self-propelled gun crews? Why did Battlefront not do the same thing as the Heer's equivalent and just give them the steel helmet?

By the way, the crew size is incorrect: the loader is missing.

57 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

And this is exactly the point that @sburkeraised earlier. Evidence always helps in these discussions and, if you are making a reasonable deduction in the absence of it, then you need to say so rather than punt out a one liner about Stummel crew uniforms, post modded in-game images of those 'wrong' uniforms without initially declaring it and posting WW2 photos to support the argument without any apparent context.

Thank you for a kick in the ass that brought my research a bit further than a few lazy Google searches. I'm still kinda sore though.

Is this enough?

Edited by Frenchy56

I already said this, but let me offer a picture of the problem:

49F065B133354D57D83E135C86AD706A8353E332

Gear for US Airborne seems to be too low in comparison to the belt on the uniform. This image is indeed modded but the belts are the same height on both vanilla and modded skins, and the mods don't modify any model files.

They seem to be using the same model as regular GI gear, and their belts are lower, which seems to explain it.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 1/19/2019 at 12:32 PM, Frenchy56 said:

Stummels in Luftwaffe armored units have Fallschirmjaeger manning them.

On 1/24/2019 at 7:18 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

I tend not to look too closely at Stummel crews, I'm more interested in what they do with their 75mm.

@StieliAlpha 

Edited by Bulletpoint

35 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

There's a glitch that allows you to skip the extra setup time though... PM me if interested in fixing it.

What's the glitch in the first place? Please do tell, since this is a thread about bugs. More or less.

Edited by Frenchy56

1 minute ago, Frenchy56 said:
44 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I tend not to look too closely at Stummel crews, I'm more interested in what they do with their 75mm.

What if you do both, like I do?

It was a joke with Stielialpha :) I appreciate you have an eye for details and I hope your bug reports get due attention.

25 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

It was a joke with Stielialpha :) I appreciate you have an eye for details and I hope your bug reports get due attention.

Sorry, text isn't exactly the best at conveying tone and you can see how seriously I take these things.

How do you make it so MGs deploy in less time though? I think it should be posted in this thread since it's apparently a bug.

Edited by Frenchy56

2 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

Sorry, text isn't exactly the best at conveying tone and you can see how seriously I take these things.

How do you make it so MGs deploy in less time though? I think it should be posted in this thread since it's apparently a bug.

There is precedent for keeping a bug quiet - I once found a way that allowed mortars to direct fire anywhere on the map (no spotting rounds near instant HE death). We didn't discuss that on the forums while the fix was being made. I am not sure how and MG setup bug could be that bad but I'll let @Bulletpoint make the call on where to report it. Either way well get it logged - if it is not already...

oH mEIN Gott ...!! oH mEiN Gott hielf uns... and this is only one Module...what would be when we (they)  will starting with the others Modules...best is to say and show what is not wrong...!!

or asking BF to make a new forum with new games...what will be also with the new one R2V and new module with the Russian Offensive...

Another issue could be that ...they dont like Battlefront games... !!! Kurz und schmerzhaft...and point on the line. !!