Fortress Italy bugs

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

I thought there were 12 per battalion? At least in the game, there seems to be...

Well, I'll believe you since I don't think I checked it very thoroughly. It still means that there weren't very many of them, which was the point of the sentence. I apologise if it was unclear.

Edited by Frenchy56

10 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:
11 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I thought there were 12 per battalion? At least in the game, there seems to be...

Well, I'll believe you since I don't think I checked it very thoroughly. It still means that there weren't very many of them, which was the point of the sentence. I apologise if it was unclear.

It's just that I have been wondering if it's an error that they have 12. But nobody has been able to answer it so far.

1. 12 Stummels per armored panzergrenadier battalion is correct.  Now we could delve into the particulars of the HG division at various times, but this was the authorized org.

2. The Stummels should not have FJ uniform, but the same HG uniform as all the other crews in the battalion.

3.  FJ helmets do belong on the Marder crews in the Panzerjäger Battalion under Luftwaffe Airborne.  This was an FJ division asset.  There were also Corps-level FJ StuG units in Italy, but the one in game under Luftwaffe Armor is HG Division's StuG battalion.  The FJ Corps StuG battalion/s in Italy mostly used Italian StuGs anyway, IIRC.

4. Glider M1919A4 uniform bug confirmed. 

5. Call for fire without a radio is not a bug, but a limitation of the design.

New suggestion: In weapons damage area optics is too broad, I guess this is the main guns scope? There should be one for vision windows and  parascopes if hit and damaged,  internal spotting should have spotting reduction if damaged. Maybe call it 'view'.

Edited by user1000

17 hours ago, user1000 said:

New suggestion: In weapons damage area optics is too broad, I guess this is the main guns scope? There should be one for vision windows and  parascopes if hit and damaged,  internal spotting should have spotting reduction if damaged. Maybe call it 'view'.

There already is a differentiation between which scope or view ports are damaged. The reporting is just generic.

• 1 month later...

T30 75mm howitzer HT, the vision flaps on the lower part of the gun shield stay open even when open up command is unchecked. I am thinking they were not modeled in, but this opens up crew to small arms fire. On that note all Halftracks in all cm games driver and passenger side armor windshield do not go up or down.

Edited by user1000

• 1 month later...

Okay, the HG division's tanks are being manned by infantrymen now. What's going on?

A911F1102503F277E1D2498D6A844614EB030FD7

This applies to any Luftwaffe armored unit at any date. I checked in the scenario editor.

@BFCElvis , you seeing this? I sure hope this won't be left hanging for too long.

Edited by Frenchy56

18 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Okay, the HG division's tanks are being manned by infantrymen now. What's going on?

A911F1102503F277E1D2498D6A844614EB030FD7

This applies to any Luftwaffe armored unit at any date. I checked in the scenario editor.

@BFCElvis , you seeing this? I sure hope this won't be left hanging for too long.

Thanks, Frenchy56. This has been confirmed internally and a formal bug report has been filed. Thanks again.