Fortress Italy bugs

Hello,

You may have noticed this already, but there are a few very noticeable graphical bugs in-game:

All StuGs after the StuG III G (earliest) and StuHs have their spare track textures bugged.

20190117200024_1.thumb.jpg.d1e967b2fa94ddf5a8b554305d473d2f.jpg

Sherman II (mid) tank commander stands too low while buttoned out

20190117195852_1.thumb.jpg.8897bf8180735c99aac9d08ac90053c7.jpg

I confirmed that no mods affect this by moving the Z folder out.

There should still be a few, but these are the most noticeable ones.

I definitely hope these were noticed and will be fixed in the next patch.

EDIT: I remembered that Sherman III commanders stand too far right of the cupola, thus their right arm clips through the turret. Might affect other British Shermans as well.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 1/17/2019 at 8:05 PM, Frenchy56 said:

EDIT: I remembered that Sherman III commanders stand too far right of the cupola, thus their right arm clips through the turret. Might affect other British Shermans as well.

It actually may be due to the slope angling the tank. The tank commander moves somewhat independently from the tank so it causes clipping sometimes.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 1/21/2019 at 7:13 AM, Frenchy56 said:

It should also be noted that the scaling is incorrect on the Pak 36(r) and the 6 Pounder AT guns. They're way too small.

?? the 6 pounder is not a big gun - it's only 4ft high and not quite 6' wide. What are you using for scale to conclude there is a problem in the game?

15 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

I've noticed that M1919A4's take around 2 minutes to deploy when inside a building on the second floor or above. The deploy timer on the unit description changes accordingly.

That is likely expected. Setting up an MG in a house simulate the need to create a platform for the MG to "see" over the window sill.

51 minutes ago, IanL said:

?? the 6 pounder is not a big gun - it's only 4ft high and not quite 6' wide. What are you using for scale to conclude there is a problem in the game?

Sure, it's not a big gun especially compared to the 17 Pounder and M1 76mm gun, but how do you justify this:

20190122170109_1.thumb.jpg.6a0c7634eef807372335dfbb98183d5e.jpg

20190122170054_1.thumb.jpg.32172fcc3c79863a6d7d37add7c33830.jpg

50 minutes ago, IanL said:

That is likely expected. Setting up an MG in a house simulate the need to create a platform for the MG to "see" over the window sill.

35 minutes ago, sburke said:

I was curious if there was a difference deploying on the 1st flr versus upper floors.  That seems to be what is implied. I knew there was a difference in time inside a building. 

Right, I shouldn't have posted anything without confirming it. It does indeed act the same way on any floor.

I had only gotten the impression since I placed 2 MGs on differing floors and one started firing much earlier than the other, which was still deploying.

Edited by Frenchy56

1 minute ago, Frenchy56 said:

but how do you justify this:

*I'm* not justifying anything. The 6 pounder is 4' 2" tall. Looks about that to me in the picture. But hey beats me if that's really what 4' 2" should look like.

So you are comparing it to other guns - good idea. What are the heights of the other guns?

3 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

I had only gotten the impression since I placed 2 MGs on differing floors and one started firing much earlier than the other, which was still deploying.

I believe that is actually possible. The 2min time is an approximation there is some randomness mixed in. So some guns will get setup a big quicker and others will take a big longer.

Let's use photographic references to get a feel.

When I saw the 6 pounder gun in-game for the first time, its size was definitely jarring for me. It's absolutely not supposed to be smaller than an M3 37mm AT gun, and it's not even the same size as the M1 57mm in-game.

If all you need is to feel that there's a difference without having to take a ruler out and take measurements, there is definitely a problem.

Desert6Pdr.jpg

57mm_Gun_M1_-_Saint-Malon_Bretagne.jpg

FortMcKinley.jpg

Looking at these pictures tells you that the other guns are definitely better-proportioned.

Edited by Frenchy56

E0CFDC2E2A0753EE74C02B364211445919A9390B

Here's the Pak36(r). As you know it's the captured version of the Soviet F-22 Divisional Gun, which was in fact bigger than the ZiS-3, which itself is bigger than the PaK 38.

I may make a new thread as well to point out that the Soviet AT gun models in CMRT are quite wonky as well.

Edited by Frenchy56

HE APPEARS TO BE CORRECT.

The 6 pounder on the left does not appear to be at the correct scale. (its off by a good 30-50%)

Its not the first time that a model has been in the game at a incorrect scale.

I recall someone pointing out some British armor cars that were incorrect also.

It is amazing how long some of this stuff is out before it gets noticed.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:32 AM, Frenchy56 said:

Stummels in Luftwaffe armored units have Fallschirmjaeger manning them.

Feedback below.    Question  - what is your Impression of what the uniform should be?

The only place for a Stummel in the Luftwaffe OOB in Italy would be in the Hermann Göring Panzer Grenadier Division which I believe has its own uniforms in game.

Edited by sburke

Well, the Hermann-Goering Division had Panzergrenadiers, there were no organic Fallschirmjaeger mechanized units.

This is the only time Fallschirmjaeger show up in any Luftwaffe panzer unit. You can see this by visualizing units in the scenario editor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Fallschirm-Panzer_Division_Hermann_Göring

7D1B4507434C318BA436CE14E7AFB825D83D72B3

I'd say this is a bug where the wrong character models were assigned. The vehicle commander also appears to be driving the vehicle in some instances.

It seems that they should all be wearing Luftwaffe Assault Gun uniforms instead, when comparing it to equivalent Heer units. The commander should wear his peaked cap and the driver his side cap. The rest of the crew should be wearing regular infantry helmets.

The names of the formations they're from are Luftwaffe "Panzergrenadier Battalion 43A [armored]", "Panzergrenadier Battalion 43B [armored]"  and "Panzergrenadier Battalion 44 [armored]" 

Edited by Frenchy56

Doing this, I also noticed that the Stummel Ausf. C's have the gunner peeking out of the halftrack, and the Ausf. D's have them staying inside the halftrack.

There is no "Open up" command for both of them. I'm not sure if it affects visibility, and it seems to be a bug that affects all games the Stummel is in, since I noticed this in Red Thunder as well.

Last picture was an Ausf. C, the following one is an Ausf. D

68D36196C90CE779F4E48210F7330B37E5D98853

Edited by Frenchy56