Known problem in the editor?

I have opened a CMSF1 scenario in the CMSF2 scenario editor. The first formation was created with CMSF1 scenario editor and you can see I am not able to change the vehicule type.

NQmkZ.jpg

The second formation was just created with CMSF2 scenario editor and, at the bottom of the screen in green, I am able to select either Zil-131 either Ural-4320.

Py4aQ.jpg

Looks like the problem is existing for other formations as well. Is it a tracked problem already?

Thanks

Probably just an issue that the scenario needs to be converted by CMSF2 when saved.  The ToE of the formation in the scenario is from CMSF1 and has likely been changed in CMSF2.  There are limits to what the game can do with a scenario created in essentially a different game.

Have you tried deleting the formation and adding it back in?  That is typically what we had to do in correcting scenarios to update them for CMSF2.

Edited by sburke

5 minutes ago, sburke said:

Have you tried deleting the formation and adding it back in?  That is typically what we had to do in correcting scenarios to update them for CMSF2.

Yes absolutely, it is working. The problem is that, doing so, you are losing their deployment... but hopefully not the AI plan... I will try. Not a big deal, don't worry. The map is still there. 🙂

I have swapped out units quite often in scenarios to create different kinds of match ups.  It is a little time consuming but pretty easily do able.  My suggestion - do not delete the old unit.  Use it to determine placement of new unit reinforcement and AI slots.  Once complete then delete the old unit.

TO&E was completely reworked in CMSF2. So the units that come with the old scenarios are not part of the new TO&E structure, I believe. If you're going to replace an old unit with a fresh one don't forget to assign the correct AI 'group' to them. Otherwise things get rather confusing (speaking from experience). Nothing worse than deleting the original unit, then thinking "Was that unit AI group 2 or AI group 6? I forget". :huh:

2 hours ago, sburke said:

I have swapped out units quite often in scenarios to create different kinds of match ups.  It is a little time consuming but pretty easily do able.  My suggestion - do not delete the old unit.  Use it to determine placement of new unit reinforcement and AI slots.  Once complete then delete the old unit.

This +1, not only does it give you that 'guide' as to where to put your newly purchased dudes in the deployment screen, it also gives you reference as to who is Reinforcement 1, who is AI Group 2 or who is Unit objective 4 etc. Whenever I've done TO&E swapouts I've always kept the old units and made sure that I've added all of the reinforcement, AI group and unit objective information to the newly purchased replacement. Once you're satisfied that you've done that, it should be safe to delete the old unit without losing AI plans and the like.