Do US forces still use claymore mines?

Says some bozo from Seattle.. Hruumph  Sir Philly was the nations capitol at one point which no one in Boston or CA can claim.  In addition everyone in CA is from somewhere else so there is no CA accent :D  (I know cause I live here now and almost everyone I know is from somewhere else so if there was a CA accent it would long ago have been buried and would likely be in Spanish anyway)

Plus we have cheesesteaks and Hoagies

Edited by sburke

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

Ahh waddya know abt it old man!

Which old man? From your perspective there's three of us. LOL.

This reminded me of a funny argument I got into with this chick I used to know when I lived in Maryland. She was in Ohio and worked in Cleveland. This one day were talking on the phone and I was making fun of Cleveland and she says:

"Yeah, well Cleveland's pretty famous, we've even got a song called Cleveland Rocks! Ever heard of it? It's even the theme for the Drew Carey show? They play it at all the sporting events in Ohio! What do you have in Maryland? Baltimore? What's Baltimore ever done?"

And without skipping a beat I fired back:

"Nothing much, just a little old song they call the Star Spangled Banner. Ever heard of it? They play it before EVERY sporting event in the COUNTRY!"

There's was a huge pause. Then, "You a**h**e!"

LMAO! I lost it! It was the best comeback I've ever had in my life and her reaction about killed me. We must've laughed for five minutes straight.

Mord.

No it just shows we.re the true Yankees. Yankees are known for their laconic dry humor, and common sense.  Why call something thats cheese + steak a hoagie? its a cheesesteak.  Your chosen cities eccenricity is shown out in every 80s movie that takes place in it (rocky, trading places) and the fact it was Ben Franklins chosen spot.  Bostons famous for a different sort 😃

Finally its not the Irish American cultural capital.  Need I say more?

Edited by Sublime

1 minute ago, Sublime said:

No it just shows we.re the true Yankees. Yankees are known for their laconic dry humor, and common sense.  Why call something thats cheese + steak a hoagie? its a cheesesteak.  Your chosen cities eccenricity is shown out in every 80s movie that takes place in it (rocky, trading places) and the fact it was Ben Franklins chosen spot.  Bostons famous for a different sort 😃

So there you go showing your ignorance Yankee.  A Cheesesteak is a Cheesesteak.  A Hoagie is a Hoagie.  A Hoagie has no steak on it. A Hoagie is cold.  A Cheesesteak is hot. Sheesh

California has places selling things they call Cheesesteaks.  They for the most part aren't.  There was a place down the street from me that actually had the real thing, but that was a guy from Philly so he knew what he was talking about and flew in the proper rolls..yes that does matter.

Well here a cheese steak is melted cheese on steak which is usually heated somewhat in a sub roll.  With whatever else you like, I usually just add ketchup.  Cold?  Sounds  like cold cuts. I hate cold cuts. Lotsa cold cuts (of admittedly very suspect quality meat) in a certain place I lived before you know about. LOL. Ill never eat cold cuts or tuna again from that experience.

11 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Well here a cheese steak is melted cheese on steak which is usually heated somewhat in a sub roll.  With whatever else you like, I usually just add ketchup.  Cold?  Sounds  like cold cuts. I hate cold cuts. Lotsa cold cuts (of admittedly very suspect quality meat) in a certain place I lived before you know about. LOL. Ill never eat cold cuts or tuna again from that experience.

gawd son, you need to go to Philly and eat the real thing if you want to continue this discussion.  Like trying to explain an elephant to a blind man.  Hmm don't know what to say about your cold cut issue.  I think you need to try a hoagie before you totally give it up. :D 

2 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Why would I want this 'hoagie' when I KNOW I like cheesesteak!

it isn't a binary decision.  Liking a cheesesteak or not is irrelevant.  I like steak, doesn't mean I don't want to have sautéed scallops tonight.  Sheesh you Boston folks...… I thought you said common sense was part of the Yankee thing.

Pffft, without my state, and my brethren (the Swiss), none of you pansies would have real, delectable cheese for those abominations of what decent, prudent, upstanding people would otherwise call a submarine sandwich with beef, onions and whatever the hell else you sickos put in those greasy puke dough-troughs!

6 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Pffft, without my state, and my brethren (the Swiss), none of you pansies would have real, delectable cheese for those abominations of what decent, prudent, upstanding people would otherwise call a submarine sandwich with beef, onions and whatever the hell else you sickos put in those greasy puke dough-troughs!

Sheesh another ignorant soul.  Swiss cheese is NOT part of either a cheesesteak or a hoagie.  Okay that's it, road trip.  Everyone meet me in South Philly.

We make about 2000 different cheeses here, Bub...my Brown Swiss bull is getting mighty pissed. I’ll trailer him along to South Philly and, hell, I’ll let you milk him and you can use it for the condiments! I, unfortunately, am a vegan whenever I’m in South Philly, so you guys can enjoy it all yourselves.  How’d that be?