Has Lions of Carpiquet changed with the new 4.0 v?

Some days ago,I downloaded  again Lions of Carpiquet campaign to replay it with the new 4.0v.In the misión called; Where are the f*****g tanks?  I only received,as an armoured reinforcement,a platoon of 4 Sherman tanks but I clearly remember I received some Sherman flails and Churchill cocodriles the first time I played it.

Edited by arpella72

2 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

Is it possible that your using another Computer and didn't Activate the 'Vehicle Pack'...

No.In the second misión,the one you have to take Carpiquet,I got the Sherman flails as expected.Playing with the same computer I didn't get the flails and Cocodriles.What's more,I didn't have air support as well and (this could be a bit SPOILER) the German counterattack to retake the hangars didn't take place.I remember that the first time I played that mission was far more challenging.

@arpella72 I've reinstalled 3.12, with everything activated and checked the two versions of the 2nd mission : the TOE is exactly the same whether you run 3.12 or 4.0. Thus if anything changed I assume it's in the scenario file. Would you still have the files you played that first time?

Maybe @Ithikial_AU would know?

Edited by CMFDR

Sorry I literally got off a plane following 3 flights over the last 24 hrs only a few hours ago, so I'm a bit jet lagged/all over the place. Two months of touring Europe over Chrissy. :)

The mission with the Hobart's Funnies is the mission that comes next if you lost the mission to take the village and northern hangers before this one (the historical outcome). Though I think there are some Flail tanks in that first attempt to take the village. With regards to the mission in question you only get a platoon of regular Shermans, which is part of the reason why the scenario is called what it is - they were some words muttered by one of the officers stuck in the fields during this attack. The Canadian brass (in my opinion) didn't really plan this operation well and the poor suckers on the southern route were the poor cousins when it came to receiving armoured support. The northern approach was always the focus.

The campaign was built almost wholly under Upgrade 3.0. There's been no tweaks by me since 4.0 came out nor has there been any report that there is a campaign crashing bug as a result of the upgrade.

Edited by Ithikial_AU

Hi!

Thanks for the explanation,Ithikial_AU,and for that lovely mission I have enjoyed so much.I suposed I couldn't get Carpiquet the first time I played but i have been succesful that last time(more experience😉).That's the reason because the outcome has been different.

I wish you are fully recovered from your jet-lag and enjoyed your trip to Europe.Did you visited Normandy for instance?

11 hours ago, arpella72 said:

I wish you are fully recovered from your jet-lag and enjoyed your trip to Europe.Did you visited Normandy for instance?

Thanks for the thoughts. Sadly no, many of the WW2 battlefields are still on the to do list. When you head over from Australia, it's a bit of a long trek both in terms of time and dollars so I'd want to make a decent go at it when the time comes. :)

2 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Thanks for the thoughts. Sadly no, many of the WW2 battlefields are still on the to do list. When you head over from Australia, it's a bit of a long trek both in terms of time and dollars so I'd want to make a decent go at it when the time comes. :)

Whaddya mean mate - WA is practically in Europe - try flying from the East Coast 😏