Where is the 2.01 Patch?

Chops

40 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Totally not credible, The British Army has this wonderful invention fitted as standard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_vessel

I heard there was some discussion among the officer blokes, about whether those boiling vessels are 'proper pots'. Hence the scenario 😉

Edited by Lethaface

25 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

In which case your scenario should involve either one of the Household regiments or a cavalry regiment, replace pot with mess silver and the job's a good'un.

Good one!

Tempted to dive in the editor just so I can justify the effort of working out the backstory. My editor skills haven't really moved beyond '3d preview', units and reinforcements.

~ = Prince Harry and Meghan about to make a visit to the troops, among which a certain household regiment on rotation in Syria. Certain troopers somehow manage to lose the mess silver in a bad place. A Daily Sun journalist, embedded with the Irregulars, makes a prominent feature about it on page 1. All hell brakes loose obviously.
Just need to work out how the Irregular leadership is utilizing the silver for a high tea of their own and aren't planning on returning the goods. Have some visions about a regiment or BN Co directing AS90 strikes in person, with the equivalent of an HQ company leading the final charge. Obviously no resources are spared for the occasion, so it will be a good excuse to throw a rag tag of different equipment and troops together under a single command.

Edited by Lethaface

2 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

No, just a wee joke for those of us that have been around games for a long time.

That's worse!  Because you reminded me that back in those days we read this sort of stuff either in a magazine or on UNIX based USENET feed.  Mosaic wasn't even able to help out.  Kids these days have NO idea what they missed out on.

33 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Operation Mars... in Taurus?

In Taurus?

In TAURUS?

This is the worst thing I've heard since the Denver Draftdodgers beat the Louisiana Black Socks!

You plan to launch a major Soviet offensive under a sign ruled by Venus... a Love Goddess?

The real Operation Mars was launched in Sagittarius! A fire sign!

The real Stavka may have been cruel & ruthless... but at least they knew their astrology.

Can you say the same thing, Steve?

Can you?

No, I can't.  Sorry, the closest I ever got to Astrology was listening to the Cosmic Muffin on WBCN's The Big Mattress (Charles Laquidara) while delivering papers before going off to school.  Needless to say, it didn't stick.  Though I do remember all the times Billy West came on.  That was long before Ren & Stimpy, for those of you tempted to check Wikipedia.  But do check out Wikipedia because I just learned he is Red, the M&M, on the commercials.  Damn, I always thought he sounded familiar.

Steve

13 hours ago, Chops said:

Thanks for listening to customer feedback, and making changes to the Patches > Download link for CMSF2.  I hope it helps future customers.  In order to show my appreciation I just purchased the game.

Hadn't even purchased the game before complaining about it.

Figures. 🙄

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

That's worse!  Because you reminded me that back in those days we read this sort of stuff either in a magazine or on UNIX based USENET feed.  Mosaic wasn't even able to help out.  Kids these days have NO idea what they missed out on.

No, I can't.  Sorry, the closest I ever got to Astrology was listening to the Cosmic Muffin on WBCN's The Big Mattress (Charles Laquidara) while delivering papers before going off to school.  Needless to say, it didn't stick.  Though I do remember all the times Billy West came on.  That was long before Ren & Stimpy, for those of you tempted to check Wikipedia.  But do check out Wikipedia because I just learned he is Red, the M&M, on the commercials.  Damn, I always thought he sounded familiar.

Steve

LOL! Good grief that was a long time ago! Why I think WBZ still played music then!

29 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

Hadn't even purchased the game before complaining about it.

Figures. 🙄

You know, I've noticed that there seems to be a tiny cadre of the same folks posting these types of complaints. Kinda makes you wonder

1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

LOL! Good grief that was a long time ago! Why I think WBZ still played music then!

Yes it was a long time ago :)  Since we're already down memory lane, a month or so ago I was in Halifax reminiscing with someone about watching Creature Double Feature on Chanel 56 and the Bruins on Chanel 38.  We had a Millennial at the table and we found ourselves having to explain UHF.  Ah, life was so much simpler back then when a bit of tinfoil was all one needed to fix a signal problem.  Then again, I get to watch all those Creature Double Feature movies WITH inspired commentary on Netflix's recently rebooted MST3K, so there is that.

Steve

8 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

We had a Millennial at the table and we found ourselves having to explain UHF.  Ah, life was so much simpler back then when a bit of tinfoil was all one needed to fix a signal problem. 

Steve

Try this  freakin hysterical. Best part is them “resetting by lifting the handset” I thought I was gonna piss myself every time they did that 

Edited by sburke

6 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Sorry, the closest I ever got to Astrology was listening to the Cosmic Muffin

Man, that was a blast from the past. I forgot all about him. They used to have him on WBLM I think or WJBQ.

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yes it was a long time ago :)  Since we're already down memory lane, a month or so ago I was in Halifax reminiscing with someone about watching Creature Double Feature on Chanel 56 and the Bruins on Chanel 38.

Good god, man! You just hammered me with nostalgia! My butt was parked in front of the TV every Saturday afternoon, a pile of Marx cowboys and indians and dinosaurs in tow. Attack of the Mushroom People, War of the Gargantuas, Gamera/Godzilla vs what-the-hell-ever, Daimajin/Return of Daimajin/Daimajin Strikes Again, Attack of the Colossal Man. Then the Movie Loft on channel 38 that night (always seemed like they were playing a Billy Jack movie)! Mighty Mouse and The Mighty Heroes after school.  All you forgot to mention was Dr. Demento, Space 1999 and the Irish Rovers.

Isn't the theme music by Emerson, Lake and Palmer? I thought I had that CD at one point.

They get extra points for always showing that hacked together Johnny Sokko flick. It was my favorite show (after Ultraman when I was six). When I moved to Maine they didn't have it up here. All they had was the pseudo-movie on CDF.

And one more. If you've never seen this commercial you literally slept through the 70s.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Try this  freakin hysterical. Best part is them “resetting by lifting the handset” I thought I was gonna piss myself every time they did that 

Man, I was watching that and going, that really is some ancient tech. Been quite a while since I've seen one. But funny as hell, "resetting" it. LOL.

Mord.

17 hours ago, Chops said:

Thanks for listening to customer feedback, and making changes to the Patches > Download link for CMSF2.  I hope it helps future customers.  In order to show my appreciation I just purchased the game.

Ok, Steve, he is just busting your Chops here.. :-)

10 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

From 82 but we still had those dial turn phones, UHF (although I just called it 'AM' and used it to listen to radio stations from England or France) and obviously Ren & Stimpy. :D.

Things have moved pretty fast though. Damn I'm starting to feel old now. 

Well imagine Emrys doing a video with millennials trying to do carved stone tablets! Or “remember when we had to get our own meat by hunting wooly mammoths with spears?!”

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yes it was a long time ago :)  Since we're already down memory lane, a month or so ago I was in Halifax reminiscing with someone about watching Creature Double Feature on Chanel 56 and the Bruins on Chanel 38.  We had a Millennial at the table and we found ourselves having to explain UHF.  Ah, life was so much simpler back then when a bit of tinfoil was all one needed to fix a signal problem.  Then again, I get to watch all those Creature Double Feature movies WITH inspired commentary on Netflix's recently rebooted MST3K, so there is that.

Steve

Shh, and just to name a few...I use to watch 'Creature Feature', 'Space 1999', 'Godzilla vs. whatever', 'Ultraman', 'Johnny Sokko and some flying Robot', 'Thunderbrats', and something called 'Stuff-n-Puff'...Please, and don't make fun of 'Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, and Bob Ross as Mom & Dad made me watch them (something about being edumacational).

Edited by JoMc67

4 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Shh, I use to watch 'Creature Feature, Space 1999, Godzilla vs. whatever, Ultraman, Johnny Sokko and some flying Robot, and a space show with little puppets (can't think of the name).

Mystery Theater 2000 or something?

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Ah, life was so much simpler back then when a bit of tinfoil was all one needed to fix a signal problem.

Steve

Today they use that tinfoil to make head wear for the Congress and Senate!

Ok, everyone, and enough of your shenanigans and reminiscing days of old...Steve, politely has decided to fix the CMSF2 Patch # whatchamacallit, and so we are all happy campers now.

So...Stay Thirsty My Friends :-)

Edited by JoMc67

28 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

and a space show with little puppets (can't think of the name). 

The Thunderbirds.

We had Creature Feature in Maryland, it'd come on Saturday nights after The Cisco Kid and The Lone Ranger. The host was Count Gore De Vol. He was Captain Twenty during the week days.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

16 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Mystery Theater 2000 or something?

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (aka MST3K), but I think he was talking about Thunderbirds.

The Movie Loft!!!  I was sooooo trying to come up with the name of that show.  The host was Dana... Dana... damn it will come to me... Dana Hershey!  Well, whoever said our brains are piles of useless factoids just got another bit of proof :D

Steve

2 hours ago, sburke said:

Think that's old tech? When I started first grade in elementary school, we had an assembly for the whole school the first week of classes. The assembly was to teach us how to use a rotary dial telephone, and what a dial tone, ring, and busy signal sounded like. The rotary dial phone was just being introduced. Eisenhower was running for President. Three years later, we still had a party line with one of my uncles. You'd pick up the phone, tell the operator the number you wanted, and she'd connect you. If a call came in, one ring meant it was for us, two quick rings meant it was for my uncle. I don't think we got a rotary phone until 1958 or 1959. And yes, I'm older than dirt. When I was born, the P/F-51 was still a front line fighter, Europe was still under the Marshall plan, and North Korea hadn't invaded South Korea yet.

Edited by Vet 0369

15 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Dana Hershey!  Well, whoever said our brains are piles of useless factoids just got another bit of proof :D

I loved his voice. He was an endless well of movie trivia.

14 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

The assembly was to teach us how to use a rotary dial telephone, and what a dial tone, ring, and busy signal sounded like. The rotary dial phone was just being introduced.

You do know Emrys is gonna come in here and tell you how when he was a kid they'd take a blanket out to the fire pit and wave it through the smoke. One puff meant a dial tone, two meant the other fire was busy cooking a rabbit.

Mord.