If Engineer's can locate subterranean land mines...

Then why the heck can't they locate the (3)155mm shells that are wired together (IED) under their feet?

Yes, I know, the trigger man must be KIA if they're standing on them and nothing went boom, but, then again, maybe, the TM is waiting for a higher point target to cross the bridge than wasting it on 4 men.

In my last battle I lost a valuable battle tank as it was starting to cross a two-lane bridge. Assuming it had struck an anti-tank mine, I sent in 2 squads of engineers to criss-cross the entire bridge and a good stretch of the highway in front of it for land mines, not finding any mines and wasting 10-15 minutes of game time they gave the "All Clear" and I continued onward, without any further interruptions.

While reviewing the after-action reports of my commanders (checking out the end-game map), I was startled to find out those two squads of engineer's had trampled up and down and back and forth over two, separately and evenly spaced, piles of 155mm rounds, their fuses were jury-rigged and wired to cell phones, apparently, none of my engineer's had been trained to recognize the inherent danger under their feet as they gave out the "All Clear" message.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand the engineer's role, in game, is to locate and mark out the minefields perimeter. However, these large IED's, that are, either, on-top of, or, below, ground level, are nothing more than, bastardized, land mines, regardless, if it's a manual or pressure released trigger.

So, I don't see why your engineer's can't locate and red flag\ yellow flag a partially\fully exposed IED in their proximity. It would also be nice if we could detonate them by heavy weapons fire, or give your engineer's the ability to go one step further and try a dice roll ability to disarm (green flag) the IED's, too. ( "Do I snip the red wire or the blue wire"? ) ("Disarmed or Ka-Boom")

because...…..  no other reason, just because.   🤩

Seriously yeah it would be nice if they could and be a bit more realistic.  Sgt Squarehead has gone so far as to give clues in scenarios as to where IEDs will be.  Nice workaround but would still love to see a different capability to spot an IED.