This Needs To Be Added To Game Engine 4 Patch

Currently, knocked out vehicles continue to able to spot enemy units.  I know this is the case in CMBN and I assume it is true for CMFI and CMFB.  In the scenario I am playing the only unit that can spot some of the enemy units is a halftrack that was knocked out early in the scenario.  Hopefully this is corrected in the patch for Game Engine 4 so that knocked out vehicles will no longer be able to spot enemy units.

I'd need to look at this to verify but I can almost guarantee this won't be added to the current patch.  If BF holds it up for everything cited we'll never get it.  I'll give this a test run and bet ticketed, but if you have an existing save that may help if there are specific circumstances to create.  I have not seen this behavior yet myself.

Yeah, I get this too in BN (haven't checked other Titles)...When a Vehicle gets KO'ed, but right before the Crew Bail, it can spot everything on Map (thou, once Bailed KO'ed Vehicle can't spot nothing).

Edited by JoMc67

?? @CanuckGamer I have not seen that behaviour. Do you have a save?

@JoMc67 what I have seen is if you have a vehicle selected as it dies there is a point where you see the battle field as if nothing is selected. Given that shows the sum total of the battlefield lintel you can be left with the feeling that the KO'ed vehicle sees that stuff.

Could that explain what you are seeing?

9 hours ago, IanL said:

?? @CanuckGamer I have not seen that behaviour. Do you have a save?

@JoMc67 what I have seen is if you have a vehicle selected as it dies there is a point where you see the battle field as if nothing is selected. Given that shows the sum total of the battlefield lintel you can be left with the feeling that the KO'ed vehicle sees that stuff.

Could that explain what you are seeing?

Ok, after re-running more Game Turns I see what, Canuck, is saying and Dead Vehicles (and it's Crew) continue to spot all Enemy Units on the Battlefield as if clicking on empty spot on map (you see the sum of all enemy units).

So, as IanL, mentioned we are just seeing the total sum of all Units on the Battlefield (Dead Vehicles is no different then clicking empty spot on Map) and it seems to be intentional and I'm fine with it.

Edited by JoMc67

I am not seeing this behavior.  What mode are you playing?  Iron,Elite?

What I see is the vehicle sees (or it's crew in process of bailing) only what they were already seeing.  Nothing shows for example not in their LOS already spotted.  Once the crew dies it sees nothing.

Edited by sburke

Thanks for the replies.  I play at Warrior level.  I currently don't have any saved files that I can forward to you but am playing 3 PBEM games.   What I do when playing is first make sure I have not selected any units so that all spotted enemy units  are shown.  I then start clicking individual units to determine which ones are doing the spotting.  I will let you know when I have this happen again. 

30 minutes ago, kinophile said:

Ahh - do you mean "dead vehicle sees all units spotted by player's entire force, even if the dead vehicle could not actually see those units itself"? 

Yes, the Dead Vehicle is basically no different then clicking anywhere on map...That Vehicle can see everything that all your Combined Units can already see.

Next time your Vehicle is destroyed click on it and you should see all enemy units that have already been spotted...Thou, you still wont see every enemy unit on Map. 

Edited by JoMc67

10 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Yes, the Dead Vehicle is basically no different then clicking anywhere on map...That Vehicle can see everything that all your Combined Units can already see.

Next time your Vehicle is destroyed click on it and you should see all enemy units that have already been spotted...Thou, you still wont see every enemy unit on Map. 

I thin you are mis-reading this.  Clicking on a dead vehicle IS the same as clicking just anywhere on the map.  it is essentially the same as not clicking a unit.  It does not "see" and is not passing C2.  You are essentially not selecting a unit.

7 minutes ago, sburke said:

I thin you are mis-reading this.  Clicking on a dead vehicle IS the same as clicking just anywhere on the map.  it is essentially the same as not clicking a unit.  It does not "see" and is not passing C2.  You are essentially not selecting a unit.

Ok, and that's what I figured (and therefore nothing is wrong) and just thought that CanukeGamer had a problem with it for some reason...So, apparently he is referring to something else then.

Edited by JoMc67