Black Sea Flavour Objects Added To SF2

37 selected Flavour Objects that I made for Black Sea have been combined and renamed within the SF2 editor as required to be available within SF2
Some textures have been reworked to fit within the Syrian environment.
FO have been added to empty slots within the Map Editor and so the naming conventions in most cases are a little odd.

Download https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=7737

sb1.thumb.jpg.c78a923e2ce5b6d7faaec019d8cbb7fb.jpg

Read Me
Additional Flavour Objects for SF2 
Additions to the FO as follows

Aircon
3 – concrete barrier
4 – spray tank on wheels
5 – Disc rake
6 – picnic table
7 – fork lift truck
8 – rail buffer1
9 – rail buffer2

ATM
2 – kiosk1
3 – kiosk2
4 – loaded pallet
5 – stack of pallets
6 – pallet on trolly jack
7 – large aircon unit
8 – vending machine
9 – electrical box

Log
3 – concrete pipes spilt
4 – concrete pipes stacked
5 – concrete pipe

Shelter
5 – wooden pitched roof
6 – green plastic roof
7 – pillars and arch
8 – busstop

Bin
7 – large yellow bin empty
8 – large yellow bin on side
9 – large yellow bin full

Pallet
4 – pallet trolly jack (no pallet)
5 – handcart1
6 – handcart2
7 – handcart3
8 – handcart4
9 – handcart5

Barrel
3 – 3pipes standing
4 – 2pipes standing with base

Telephonepole
4 – concrete telephone pole
5 – raised barrier
6 – basketball hoop
7- rail crossing X

P

I converted another several flavours from CMRT: Barrel: 5(Gravestones), 6(heystack), 7(fuelpump), 8(mailbox), 9(bicycle) and log6(harvester). I don't have a cmmodsiii account. Can I send them to Pete to include them into his mod so that they could become available for all?

Edited by Cambronne

1 hour ago, Cambronne said:

I converted another several flavours from CMRT: Barrel: 5(Gravestones), 6(heystack), 7(fuelpump), 8(mailbox), 9(bicycle) and log6(harvester). I don't have a cmmodsiii account. Can I send them to Pete to include them into his mod so that they could become available for all?

You’d have to ask Pete that 😀  alternatively you could just get an acct as hopefully we’ll see more work from you going forward. 

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Do I recall correctly that flavor objects do not provide cover?

you would be recalling correctly.  They are great but should be used sparingly.  Those traffic barriers become a heckuva lot less immersive when you watch your Humvee drive through it.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:43 PM, sburke said:

Sadr city getting some much needed infrastructure repair.

Sadr Reconstruction.jpg

+1   Looks very cool.  I'm sure it will be an awesome MOUT map, right up there with @LongLeftFlank Ramadi map.  I hope someday you will release the map to the public.  I bet a lot of cool scenarios could be based in this map.  

3 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1   Looks very cool.  I'm sure it will be an awesome MOUT map, right up there with @LongLeftFlank Ramadi map.  I hope someday you will release the map to the public.  I bet a lot of cool scenarios could be based in this map.  

absolutely.  It is slow going because it is so darn big.  It won't be as nice as LLFs in that I am not going to populate it with flavor items.  Basically I am looking at this as a master map that would be sliced up to be used in scenarios.  I think the only reason I am even doing this at scale is perspective.  Trying to get a feel for what Sadr city would have been like rather than just another urban block map.  It is freakin intimidating. Easy to see how units would get disoriented and how difficult it must have been for the Cav to figure out where Red one was located and how to push through to them in the 2004 fighting. (you can see some locations on the screenie. I think I am pretty close to where red one went to ground near the hospital.)

I am trying to focus my efforts to finishing individual blocks so it could be released in segments rather than waiting for a complete map.  Sadr is made up of almost identical sectors.  Each sector is approx. .5 x .4 kms.  The Map covers 18 of those sectors (1825x2550 meters).  I suspect by the time I finish placing all the buildings I will not be able to open the full map in 3d mode.  Hell it barely opens now and you can see below how much is still to do.  I am thinking to concentrate on getting the 4 top left sectors done to at least get that out there for anyone interested.

On a side note Sadr City is where my google earth pro defaults to when I open it .:D   It is worth a look to see the real thing.

Sadr city map 001.jpg

Sadr city map 002.jpg

Edited by sburke

10 hours ago, sburke said:

I am trying to focus my efforts to finishing individual blocks so it could be released in segments rather than waiting for a complete map.  Sadr is made up of almost identical sectors.  Each sector is approx. .5 x .4 kms.  The Map covers 18 of those sectors (1825x2550 meters).  I suspect by the time I finish placing all the buildings I will not be able to open the full map in 3d mode.  Hell it barely opens now and you can see below how much is still to do.  I am thinking to concentrate on getting the 4 top left sectors done to at least get that out there for anyone interested.

Sadr city map 002.jpg

Wow.  That is a lot of work, right there.  Very cool.   

15 hours ago, sburke said:

absolutely.  It is slow going because it is so darn big.  It won't be as nice as LLFs in that I am not going to populate it with flavor items.  Basically I am looking at this as a master map that would be sliced up to be used in scenarios.  I think the only reason I am even doing this at scale is perspective.  Trying to get a feel for what Sadr city would have been like rather than just another urban block map.  It is freakin intimidating. Easy to see how units would get disoriented and how difficult it must have been for the Cav to figure out where Red one was located and how to push through to them in the 2004 fighting. (you can see some locations on the screenie. I think I am pretty close to where red one went to ground near the hospital.)

On a side note Sadr City is where my google earth pro defaults to when I open it .:D   It is worth a look to see the real thing.

Sadr city map 001.jpg

Sadr city map 002.jpg

Hopefully you did the door, window layouts and building colours as you went along ;)

5 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Hopefully you did the door, window layouts and building colours as you went along ;)

Funny as I was spending a lot of time early on and then realized there was no way I was gonna be able to keep that up.  Things like doing special balcony set ups with adjoining buildings etc. 😁  it is going a little faster now that I have realized I can’t maintain that level of effort as it takes longer and longer to go to 3D view.  It takes forever now and pretty soon won’t likely at all. 

2 hours ago, sburke said:

Funny as I was spending a lot of time early on and then realized there was no way I was gonna be able to keep that up.  Things like doing special balcony set ups with adjoining buildings etc. 😁  it is going a little faster now that I have realized I can’t maintain that level of effort as it takes longer and longer to go to 3D view.  It takes forever now and pretty soon won’t likely at all. 

Yeah I get that, I'm working on a fairly low drag 3.5 km x 2.3 km map but doing all of that window, door and façade stuff as I go. Flicking in and out of 3D is getting longer every day.