CMSF2 v2.01 Released!

• 2 weeks later...

In appreciation of the players who are still bashing away on the orignal CMSF1 we are providing very inexpensive upgrades (see the Upgrades section of this site). New players should check out the Bundle options which include one or more of the CMSF2 Modules.

There is no upgrade section on the CMSF2 entry ( https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/cmsf2-base-game/ )? Did the upgrade option already get removed? I own a disk version of CMSF1.

edit: my bad, found it (Games -> Upgrades)

Edited by doskey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the "Syrian Infantry only get 100 rounds of MG ammo" issue has been flagged up appropriately?

It's kind of irritating... especcially when combined with the lack of ammo dumps.

Edited by 37mm

On 7/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, 37mm said:

Does anybody know if the "Syrian Infantry only get 100 rounds of MG ammo" issue has been flagged up appropriately?

It's kind of irritating... especcially when combined with the lack of ammo dumps.

I cannot find a listing for it - can you be more specific as to what formation this is for?

OK wide spread. What should we expect to see?

What I noticed is that typically Syrian forces has around 100 rounds per soldier (including the PKM man). US forces tended to have around 200 rounds per soldier while  Canadian soldiers had around 400 rounds each.

The Syrian numbers do feel low and the Canadian numbers do feel high. But on what basis do we assert that those numbers are wrong? If those numbers are a typical load out for those armies then there is not much we can do. Can anyone point to information that shows those numbers being off? I'll start a discussion internally too and see what info may already have gone into that decision or not.

BTW this was tested using the QB system. I did not look at the scenario editor with its additional options.

2 hours ago, IanL said:

BTW this was tested using the QB system. I did not look at the scenario editor with its additional options.

Clearly, neither myself or the original posters who brought the issue up, have explained ourselves... I apologize for my part in that.

• Syrian Squads have 100 rounds of MG ammo at the start of a battle... no matter the situation, context, battle type, supply situation or anything else.
  • I agree that 100 rounds of PKM ammo is a reasonable loadout for a man... the issue is that the PKM is a Squad GPMG in CMSF2.
  • Squad level GPMG's are quite rare in modern games (I can't recall them in CMA anyhow) however the Dutch do have them &, for them, 750 rounds per squad is a typical loadout.
  • Additionally, all of the WW2 games features higher GPMG loadouts than 100 rounds per squad.
  • Finally, this 'situation' is difficult to work around... we have no ammo dumps & Syrian trucks don't carry MG ammo (that might explain why the front line units don't have much of it!).
Edited by 37mm

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Internal discussion started and the issue has been fixed. The next time SF is patched you guys will get to see this.

Good news... I can now delete these immobilized BTR's I've been forced to use as "ammo dumps"!

55 minutes ago, sburke said:

Well now is a relative term. You will be able to delete them when the next patch is released. 😝

Trust me, it's the lesser of two evils to delete them now.

I'd rather have a pre & post patch "difficulty gap" instead of dealing with dismounted BTR's, their crews & their super-heavy MG's on maps where I don't even want them.

@37mm  I can give you an interim fix (for a human played force only).....Build a tall walled compound, paint all interior squares as an exit zone, then place BTRs within.  Advise player that he should take advantage of the supplies in the BTRs at setup and that the compound should be vacated by non-BTRs prior to game start.  Once he clicks the red button, those BTRs will vanish, nothing that he might attempt will get them out of that compound before they do.  B)

I've used this technique with some of my more complex small unit stuff, the exit zone can double up as an exfiltration route or whatever (It will remain live, so why not use it?).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@37mm  I can give you an interim fix fella (for a human played force only).....Build a tall walled compound, paint all interior squares as an exit zone, then place BTRs within.  Advise player that he should take advantage of the supplies in the BTRs at setup and that the compound should be vacated by non-BTRs prior to game start.  Once he clicks the red button, those BTRs will vanish, nothing that he might attempt will get them out of that compound before they do.  B)

That is clever... I will definietely consider it.

5 hours ago, 37mm said:

That is clever... I will definietely consider it.

Keep in mind that if you do this you cannot set enemy Destroy Unit Objectives on the player's units, or any that you do use must be placed only on units that must exit the map (somewhere or other).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, contrails said:

Didn't want to start a new thread. Has this been reported? Passenger side M1152 door opens the wrong way

Not sure and am traveling but I don’t think so. If it isn’t submitted before I get home I will do so.   Good catch, as much as I mess with them I didn’t notice.