CMSF2 v2.01 Released!

We are happy to say that v2.01 is up and ready for you.  If you've got a full installation already on your harddrive, head on over to the Patches page to check out the links:

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

If you haven't already downloaded the updated Semper Fi campaign it is included with the v2.01 patch.  The primary fix included is NATO dependent vehicles are now stripped out, making it playable for people who do not have the NATO Module.  Note that the stand alone link for the campaign is exactly the same file.  As other campaigns are updated they will go into that spot separate from the v2.01 patch.  Note that we're going to update the Semper Fi campaign a second time very soon as we found a couple of other issues that need to be cleaned up.

The Full installers for all new and old purchases have been updated to v2.01 as well.  Which means if you download a Full installer from this point on you don't need the v2.01 patch.

Here is what v2.01 includes:

Enjoy!

Steve

v2.01 PATCH NOTES

CAMPAIGNS AND SCENARIOS
- The Semper Fi Syria campaign now only requires the USMC Module.

TO&E
- Various minor adjustments.
- G-36 rifles removed from some Dutch vehicle crews.
- Stingers and Stinger teams removed from British Army.

QUICK BATTLES
- Numerous adjustments to normalize equipment available to the branches of different nations. For example, tanks were removed from service Infantry branches, and added tanks to service armored/mech infantry branches.
- Unconventional Infantry now have access to technicals.
- Several Quick Battle maps were updated.

BUG FIXES
- All on-map mortars can now be properly used in indirect fire missions.
- Spies are once again stealthy, based on Civilian Density.
- Equipment adjustments to Marine, Dutch, and German soldier models.
- Many minor art fixes.
- Fixes to misplaced crewmembers.
- Fixes for incorrectly assigned floating icons.
- Linear assembly tool now works properly with ditches.
- When opening a map from CMSF1 in CMSF2, ditches will no longer convert to wire fences.
- Various crash and hang fixes.

MISC
-Upated base game manual PDF, with a fortifications chapter that explains use of IEDs.

30 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

We are happy to say that v2.01 is up and ready for you.  If you've got a full installation already on your harddrive, head on over to the Patches page to check out the links:

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

If you haven't already downloaded the updated Semper Fi campaign it is included with the v2.01 patch.  The primary fix included is NATO dependent vehicles are now stripped out, making it playable for people who do not have the NATO Module.  Note that the stand alone link for the campaign is exactly the same file.  As other campaigns are updated they will go into that spot separate from the v2.01 patch.  Note that we're going to update the Semper Fi campaign a second time very soon as we found a couple of other issues that need to be cleaned up.

The Full installers for all new and old purchases have been updated to v2.01 as well.  Which means if you download a Full installer from this point on you don't need the v2.01 patch.

Here is what v2.01 includes:

Enjoy!

Steve

v2.01 PATCH NOTES

CAMPAIGNS AND SCENARIOS
- The Semper Fi Syria campaign now only requires the USMC Module.

TO&E
- Various minor adjustments.
- G-36 rifles removed from some Dutch vehicle crews.
- Stingers and Stinger teams removed from British Army.

QUICK BATTLES
- Numerous adjustments to normalize equipment available to the branches of different nations. For example, tanks were removed from service Infantry branches, and added tanks to service armored/mech infantry branches.
- Unconventional Infantry now have access to technicals.
- Several Quick Battle maps were updated.

BUG FIXES
- All on-map mortars can now be properly used in indirect fire missions.
- Spies are once again stealthy, based on Civilian Density.
- Equipment adjustments to Marine, Dutch, and German soldier models.
- Many minor art fixes.
- Fixes to misplaced crewmembers.
- Fixes for incorrectly assigned floating icons.
- Linear assembly tool now works properly with ditches.
- When opening a map from CMSF1 in CMSF2, ditches will no longer convert to wire fences.
- Various crash and hang fixes.

MISC
-Upated base game manual PDF, with a fortifications chapter that explains use of IEDs.

hmmm i reported a bug but is not fixed so im not sure if that bug reached you so ill post it here:

In quick battle when you select typical for morale experience etc fields,syrian elite forces (rep guard special forces and airborne) they always get poor stats like Green conscript low motivation...not even regular.This must be an old bug because in CMFI the very same thing happens to rangers.

EDIT:it happens to all syrian formations not only elite units...

Edited by chebalis

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

We are happy to say that v2.01 is up and ready for you. 

Just a heads up.  The BFC patch page has the patch listed as CMSF2 Engine 4 (v2.0)

I think it should probably read (v2.01) 

After installation the bottom right corner of the load screen does display v2.01   

9 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Just a heads up.  The BFC patch page has the patch listed as CMSF2 Engine 4 (v2.0)

I think it should probably read (v2.01) 

After installation the bottom right corner of the load screen does display v2.01   

19 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

I went to patches, there is no 2.01?

See above first quote.  .

1 hour ago, Fizou said:

I applied the patch but the game still says v2.00. Anyone else get this? Any Idea what I might have done wrong? 

What hapenned to me:

When you select your game folder, the installation app adds "Combat Mission Shock Force 2" to the selected path by itself. So, in my case, when i selected the game path the first time the installation app create a folder named "Combat Mission Shock Force 2" inside my Combat Mission Shock Force 2 folder. I had to delete that folder and re-apply the patch, that time selecting only my "Battlefront" folder in the installation setup.

5 hours ago, Howler said:

What fix specifically?

The blast command frequently defaults to a quick command.  Current “fix” is simply to click on that movement leg and select blast. As such it is low priority. You can make it work you just have to be  aware. Not sure when a fix would be applied for the behavior. 

FYI this item has been officially submitted.

Edited by sburke

5 hours ago, Zaba said:

What hapenned to me:

When you select your game folder, the installation app adds "Combat Mission Shock Force 2" to the selected path by itself. So, in my case, when i selected the game path the first time the installation app create a folder named "Combat Mission Shock Force 2" inside my Combat Mission Shock Force 2 folder. I had to delete that folder and re-apply the patch, that time selecting only my "Battlefront" folder in the installation setup.

Ahh that was it. Thanks! 

So, with this patch I've noticed a bunch of Syrian ATGMs have moved to Mech Infantry only on Specialized Teams, and the BMP3 seems to have disappeared entirely (along with the Mech Airborne formation) from the quickbattle setup. Am I missing something?

Edited by SgtHatred

17 hours ago, SgtHatred said:

So, with this patch I've noticed a bunch of Syrian ATGMs have moved to Mech Infantry only on Specialized Teams, and the BMP3 seems to have disappeared entirely (along with the Mech Airborne formation) from the quickbattle setup. Am I missing something?

You seem to be right, I had assumed they had been moved to the mech section.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:21 AM, MikeyD said:

Soldier gear grogs with be happy with the patch. Marines, Dutch and Germans now look like they were always supposed to look.

Yes, they look much bettter now! Thanks!

(I don't want to be pedantic or ungrateful, but the germans radio operators have still no backback....)

To the other mentioned observations which are probably unintentional I ask myself why one would intentionally remove the Stinger teams from the British Army? British (and the three representatives of the NATO module) are Fim-92 operators and now we have another army without AA capability which requires to play MP with silly house rules.  Patches are supposed to add/fix features not to remove them.

Please allow all blue factions to use Stinger teams.

Edited by Mattis

54 minutes ago, Mattis said:

To the other mentioned observations which are probably unintentional I ask myself why one would intentionally remove the Stinger teams from the British Army? British (and the three representatives of the NATO module) are Fim-92 operators and now we have another army without AA capability which requires to play MP with silly house rules.  Patches are supposed to add/fix features not to remove them.

Please allow all blue factions to use Stinger teams.

No the British Army doesn't employ Stinger in its air defence regiments, which is why they were removed from the British Army TO&E in CMSF:

https://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/artillery-and-air-defence/

44 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

No the British Army doesn't employ Stinger in its air defence regiments, which is why they were removed from the British Army TO&E in CMSF:

https://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/artillery-and-air-defence/

What the heck is a promotional page from 2019 of the UK army proving? The British Army definitely had Stinger stockpiles in 08 which are scheduled to be replaced by Starstreak since the late 90´s . However 2001 the UK Army again received Stingers from a Raytheon contract issued by the US: http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/4499/greece%2C-italy%2C-uk-buy-stinger-sams-(feb.-20).html

But more important this narrowminded TOE-whoring is destroying more realism than creating it. I got the upgrade because I love the fact that Syria receives air support and naturally believed that BF at least would equip all blue nations with the Stinger. Now we have three blue nations which ABSOLUTELY can not defend themselves against Syrian Air in quick battle. How is that realistic? The other air defense assets are not modelled in CMSF2 so at least give us the goddamn Stinger, and even if the countries wouldn´t have them in stockpile (they do) they would get them from the allies prior to the invasion of course.

I mean what is this supposed to achieve? Why don´t change the website description to: "Enjoy the most realistic ground warfare simulation where Syrian AA will shoot down your Eurofighters and Apaches but as a Dutch, British or Canadian you have to helplessly watch how rusty SU-22 will blow your forces into oblivion" with a disclaimer beneath it "make some houserules with your Syrian buddy so he can´t use the shiny new air toys which probably where the reason why he purchased this goddamn update in the first place."

Absolutely nobody asked for the removal but almost all asked for the EXACT THE OPPOSITE: Stinger´s addition to NL and CAN forces to allow all quick battle players to enjoy an at least somewhat believeable scenario where OPFOR has air. What´s next? Patch 1.02 Hotfix: Removal of the BMP-3 because there is no Syrian TOE list that states its existence? We now really considering about keeping a unpatched version around to allow for unrestricted Syria vs British multiplayer quick battles. Thanks for this early april fool´s joke.

Please add the Stinger team to all blue nations everything else is just stupid.

Edited by Mattis