Flexible wego time limit?

I wonder if having a flexible wego time limit is something that could be done without too much programming effort?

I find in smaller battles that a shorter time limit would be nice.

For example a 30 second wego option would be a nice balance between RT and Wego.  What do you think?

If anything, for PBEM, it would be nice to have a five minute slice early on for the setup/approach to lessen the early exchanges some.

Barring a user defined time setting, one minute is perfect. WEGO is not RT and one needs to tailor play/planning/execution accordingly. Two completely distinct experiences.

My 2 cents...

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

This has cropped up before:

FWIW, I'm all for leaving things as they are - and I'm a hopeless player so spend a lot of time watching my units getting wasted or knowing they're going to get wasted about 5 seconds after I've hit the magic button.

Thanks for the information and links. I did search twice and each time the search function timed out. I used "Wego time limit" as my search term. What did you use?

It took me a couple of attempts because what prompted me to look was that I knew that the topic had been discussed in recent memory. I only pulled out the first couple of relevant ones, there may be more. My most successful search term was "30 second" - with the speech marks which cut the results to about 22 pages. You've probably worked out that search is a bit hit and miss on the forum so I try to use speech marks whenever possible to return the exact text.

2 hours ago, Combatintman said:

It took me a couple of attempts because what prompted me to look was that I knew that the topic had been discussed in recent memory. I only pulled out the first couple of relevant ones, there may be more. My most successful search term was "30 second" - with the speech marks which cut the results to about 22 pages. You've probably worked out that search is a bit hit and miss on the forum so I try to use speech marks whenever possible to return the exact text.

Thanks for the tips.

Since we are talking about search...

You can use google's site modifier: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&q=site%3Acommunity.battlefront.com+wego+turn+length

type site:community.battlefront.com and then your search terms. I find that works better than the built in search.