Some tracer graphic bug

melm

2 hours ago, Howler said:

I think the first is trying to show that the muzzle flash doesn't line-up with the weapon. As to the other, the HMG is not pointed in the direction of the tracer.

Thanks. Now I see. Had to zoom in on the pictures. I'm running a quick battle right now and I'm not seeing anything odd with the Fennicks. Still watching.

I think what happens with the MG team, is that the barrel is pointed where the unit is facing. The MG however, will fire at things left or right of its facing, and the barrel only changes direction when the unit changes its. If you play a turn like that with that unit selected you can watch that happen. 

The vehicle MG I haven't been able to duplicate but I suspect it's something similar.

Yeah, I was doing a couple of quick battles as Syrian Army with some MG.s vs Germans with Fenneks.  Never saw that with the Fennek but you'd have to have the right circumstances. Did see it with the MG in a foxhole (technically the MG was just outside the foxhole).

In any case, it appears to be a limitation of the game animations rather than a bug....   I think.

I'd report it @Ultradave. While it is true that shots will do that when the model limits are reached and a shot is to be taken (the game doesn't model all limits especially elevation) but it the gun can turn to fire it is supposed to. So, in these cases it is possible that the models have rotated as far as they can it doesn't sound like the MG fits that category and might not be aiming correctly.