CMBS lighting glitch ??

Jobu88

This occurred in a game I'm playing. Never seen anything like this, in any of the CMx2 games.  This battle is taking place in the morning, time is 0551, so if anything it should be getting brighter.

Also,  this is with the "extra bright night lighting" turned on.   

And it remained like this after finishing the turn playback and moving to the orders phase.

Any ideas on what in the world could have caused this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOFSidGrGNY

" Alt-B 'Artificially bright night' (or whatever its officially called) automatically switches off at dawn, or thereabouts. So you're witnessing the auto switch off. "

Huh.   OK  that makes sense.   But I would have expected that if the game had gone from night to dawn or day,  it would have got brighter.  Not pitch dark.  

Thanks for the info

57 minutes ago, IanL said:

...you will see things get brighter or stay the roughly the same.

One thing I found interesting a few years back while playing a game at dawn, was that if I took a lot of time on a turn it got brighter and brighter with the sun eventually coming up during the Orders Phase. But when I hit the BRB the light would go back to what it was at the beginning of the turn. As I say, this was some time back and I haven't played any games set at dawn for a while, so I don't know if the game still does this or if it got "corrected". IMO it is harmless if possibly a bit disconcerting for a beginner.

Michael

I remember years ago building a dusk scenario. The terrain would gradually get darker and darker then suddenly get light again. I eventually realized what was happening. The scenario was inadvertently set to the exactly month, day, and hour for a full moon to rise just after sunset, re-illuminating the terrain! Yes, if you look up in the CM virtual sky sunrise, sunset, the phases of the moon and even the positions of the constellations are all precisely accurate.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

...even the positions of the constellations are all precisely accurate.

Sometimes. I must admit however that though I've been a star gazer just about all my life, lately I've been finding it difficult to find any constellations that I recognize. In the earlier games I could usually find at least a few familiar constellations.

Michael