Reshade with Sweet FX Tutorial

db_zero

Don't know if something like this has been posted already. I haven't seen it.

If you look in the screen shots sections you see some pictures with nice re-shade effects. When I saw them I said wow that looks nice. Not wanting to look completely stupid and clueless I didn't want to ask how did you do that. Besides we got google and youtube and if you've figured out how to play Combat Mission you should be able to figure out how to install and run a re-shader...

Doing a search on some of the keywords like lumasharpen sent me down a rabbit hole, but I finally came upon this which hopefully will help other who like me was a bit baffled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxQZDjhiDfs

3 minutes ago, Mord said:

I've missed tons of threads, no big deal. Just thought it was funny you went down a rabbit hole. How long did you search around the net?

Mord.

About 30 minutes. The lumasharpen took me to a site that had a bunch of technical details. I finally just went to youtube and typed in lumasharpen tutorial. That brought up a bunch of stuff most of which was not how to related for a newbie. I finally found the one I posted, watched it and said this looks good.

@Howler I have indeed.  I have two for CMSF2 that I toggle between right now.  They both make use of the Pirate Shaders (specifically the SSAO/SSGI shader) you can find on the Reshade forums or here: https://github.com/Heathen/Pirate-Shaders/releases

HerrTom_CM_Vibrant.ini

HerrTom_CM_Reshade.ini

Vibrant is a misnomer, it just doesn't do any colour correction.

Edited by HerrTom