Pls add VBIEDs and technicals to Uncons

Sublime

Cheers @Sublime

Your comments above are really useful thanks. On balance I'm going to upgrade the terrain to CMSF2 standard. Use some triggers for the AI Plan but that's about it. I'll also mark it playable H2H seeing as yourself and @Lethaface have given it a whirl and seemed to have found it OK H2H.

I'm playing about with @Pete Wenman 's 'squalor' mod. seem,s to work great but the sewer stream seems to bog AFVs a lot so I'll maybe tone down using that as much as I have done. The piles of rubbish really add to the immersion factor though, so worth seeking it out and adding it to your mod stash.

Thanks again for your comments etc been really useful ta.

Cheery!

17 hours ago, Sublime said:

Thanks George. Im trying to help, sorry you have to decipher my often times stoned posts where I talk in circles or go on strange tangents.

He! Nae worries all makes sense to me. Your comments and feedback have been excellent so cheers again :)

21 hours ago, George MC said:

Cheers @Sublime

Your comments above are really useful thanks. On balance I'm going to upgrade the terrain to CMSF2 standard. Use some triggers for the AI Plan but that's about it. I'll also mark it playable H2H seeing as yourself and @Lethaface have given it a whirl and seemed to have found it OK H2H.

I'm playing about with @Pete Wenman 's 'squalor' mod. seem,s to work great but the sewer stream seems to bog AFVs a lot so I'll maybe tone down using that as much as I have done. The piles of rubbish really add to the immersion factor though, so worth seeking it out and adding it to your mod stash.

Cheery!

Exactly - write H2H stronger player should take defense IMO

On 1/10/2019 at 6:47 PM, George MC said:

Cheers @Sublime

Cheery!

Interested to see how the updated version plays! Perhaps @Sublime would enjoy a rematch?
Regarding the setup/briefing:

I read in the briefing my troops in the stronghold had been fighting all day etc. No contact had been established, but gun shots were heard. So from that I gathered they have been in contact etc, but not perse that there's a hail off bullets incoming from 1st second. Everyone not on the ground flour was cut down or heavily suppressed soon after the first second of the match. Quite some area's of the ground floor also directly came under fire, especially in the strongpoint without walls. 
I think it should be made very clear to the player he should duck down all his troops, or give the player at least 1 or 2 turns to realize what's going on. 

I saw your screenshots in the screenshot thread, looking good! I'll see what I can do with regards to screenshots or a movie over the weekend. I saved the incoming turns.

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

Interested to see how the updated version plays! Perhaps @Sublime would enjoy a rematch?
Regarding the setup/briefing:

I read in the briefing my troops in the stronghold had been fighting all day etc. No contact had been established, but gun shots were heard. So from that I gathered they have been in contact etc, but not perse that there's a hail off bullets incoming from 1st second. Everyone not on the ground flour was cut down or heavily suppressed soon after the first second of the match. Quite some area's of the ground floor also directly came under fire, especially in the strongpoint without walls. 
I think it should be made very clear to the player he should duck down all his troops, or give the player at least 1 or 2 turns to realize what's going on. 

I saw your screenshots in the screenshot thread, looking good! I'll see what I can do with regards to screenshots or a movie over the weekend. I saved the incoming turns.

Aye the set-up zones work ok for the AI plan - as the AI takes a couple of turns to get into position. I'll re-jig the set-up zone a wee bit and also warn the player rounds could be incoming for the off in the BLUEFOR brief.

I've tweaked the BLUEFOR force a wee bit - mainly based on seeing more stuff via video. One is swapped the SF sniper teams in the strongpoint for regular Joes, and placed the SF snipers back as cover for the relief force. They seem to be pretty good at spotting and engaging enemy at 400m but not super deadly.I've also added two breach teams. The map has been upgraded using CMSF2 terrain and also taking advantage of @Pete Wenman's 'squalor' mod. If you've not seen it worth checking out over on CMODSIII.

Look forward to seeing your screenies and video - thanks again for the feedback and taking this on H2H. Ta!

Cheery!

Thanks lethaface you should finish out the battle - the vids do more to explain than we can.

Also you may as well screenshot the end of that disgusting attack we just played. 

First of all I literally want to punch the map designer in the face whoever made that setup zone.letha what map was blues on? Second yes lethafave had me attack as USMC (i didnt get choic pick, in his defense I said screw reviewing the battle LEEETTS GOOO) against his Syrian AB. END RESULT? The worst defeat Ive ever had in any CM. The only other close ones are games I quit because ridiculous gameyness and I dont speak to those oppos. Oh and once I fought Fionn Kelley in CMBO at age 15 in 2000. I had Germans and bought an elite KT. It bogged and was destroyed fionn ripped me in half.

However I still killed some of Fionns men.

Lethaface totally devastated the unit - iirc 100 losses and he didnt lose A SINGLE PERSON.

ugh.

With the vid one can see my hail of fire plan. 4 major errors you cant really see because its not from my side. Roof top placement of many units - this got them killed or lost men and took a few turns to use them

My DsHK was almost wiped out amd never fired a round because it started on a roof next to stronghold. A block away on a top non balcony floor could have avoided this.

My AT4 was destroyed almost immediately. Better placwment and not on a roof would have resolved this.

I should have hid my triggerman MUCH better. Theres a 4 square of IEDS that would have gotten at least 2 more vehicles if he hadnt gotten killed.

Im mixed on the last one but I think still I shoulda done the same with my SPG9. I had it on a roof across an intersection from the stronghold.  On the plus side I mean it did get a shot off into a second story room that even with FoW I could tell caused several casualties. On the other hand the weapon was soon after wiped out. Perhaps 3 blocks away I could have been shelling the complex