Quite impressed with new redfor tank spotting in sf2 or 4.0

Sublime

Not sure which it is. But playing the demo pbem in breaking the bank as the Brits Ive been shocked at how much better and more quickly Red tanks like the T72 spot obvious Blufor tanks where it.d seem in BS theyd take a few seconds longer and itd be lethal. Just tonight had a situation where a chally got KO'D and its backup fired as the round was hitting his comrade and he k-killed the T72.

Hmm odd. I have to wait and see because my anecdote sample size is small but I was very much struck by how T72s got shots off first on 2 Challys in the same battle at about 800m -considering theyre abrams and hace different optics of course - it just seems blufor doesnt just insta spot red tanks like before. More times than I could count I had T90A or T90AMs sitting in ambush and abrams roll into view spot first and knock em out. 

After the battle ill check the t72 tanks soft factors etc.

I have not played demo, but the best results from T-72 family (except T-90SA) has T-72-AV TURMS-T.

This tank can spot very quickly with experienced crew, has probably thermal sights, because can see through smoke and dust. But doesn't have smoke launchers. So far my favorite! It can withstand even several RPG hits from rebels... 

What I don't understand is why all red T-72 family tanks have same cannon 125 mm D-81? Even T-90SA has same cannon? Is this correct?

So far I know

T-72 has 2A26M2 cannon

T-72A has 2A46M cannon

T-72B has 2A46M cannon

T-72B3 has 2A45M5 cannon

T-90 has 2A46M cannon

of course depends from production year and because of many T-72 models I can be wrong.

But the tank cannon 2A46 manufactured under license in Czechoslovakia had the designation D-81. This is for sure.

I checked CMBS manual and same cannon name is used there...

125mm mainguns (D-81T and D-81TM; artillery department indices 2A26 and 2A46 respectively) equip all Soviet and Russian tanks starting with T-64A MBT. They were developed by the Spetstekhnika (OKB-9) design bureau in Ekaterinburg (former Sverdlovsk), and are manufactured at the artillery plants Plant No.9 in Ekaterinburg and Motovilikha in Perm.

http://fofanov.armor.kiev.ua/