Soviet Winter Uniform

I'm working on a mod for the soviet winter uniform.

I'm no uniform expert but I have always been under the impression that the uniform represented in the game is a great coat, but now I think it might be the more common jacket with woolly neck called Afghanka, although a bit too long. So, Afghanka or Long Coat?

3QmketU.png

x4P0UlL.jpg

Long coat or Afghanka?
5YybHeR.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have decided to mod the Afghanka. It's almost finished but I'm not 100% happy with it. I will probably release several versions and let people choose what they like. The main problem are the epaulets, I have to remove them. I have tried painting them the same color as the Afghanka but it covers the webbing. I have tried removing the alpha channel thus making them transparent, but that glitches and you can see something it's wrong and it bothers me. I'm not 100% sure if I want to keep or remove webbing. I'm not 100% happy with the shadows either.

QmKXDrW.jpg