Happy Festivus!

And a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and etc. to all you fine folks out there in the midst of the holidays.  It's a great time of the year where one can eat 7 year aged Quebec Cheddar cheese without thinking about how expensive properly aged cheese is.  OK, it still is a thought in my head, but DAMN is that good stuff.

As tradition has it, this is a day when a bone or two gets tossed under the tree or what not.  Traditions are a fine thing, so despite the Belgian ales I will prevail in continuing it!  However, I'm going to save something for the other tradition and that is the New Year's bone posting.  Without further ado...

We were rushing to get a number of things done for you all before the Christmas crunch hit.  Two things ALMOST got done in time, but really do need a little more time before being released.  They are:

• CMSF2 v2.01 Patch - contains a couple of significant fixes, a bunch of nice tweaks, and the updated Semper Fi campaign that doesn't require NATO
  • Game Engine 4 patches for CMBN, CMFI, CMRT, CMBS, and CMFB

As it looks right now, CMSF2 v2.01 will be out sometime later this week or early next week without question.  The coding and artwork fixes are all in and as they should be, but we didn't have a chance to test the installers without getting in the way of last minute gift wrapping and eggnog purchases.

The Game Engine 4 patches contain oodles of fixes to small stuff, TO&E tweaks, and the much awaited TacAI fixes to address guys buggering out of cover when they shouldn't.  These are pretty much done, but need more testing before we are absolutely sure they're all ready for prime time.  We expect these in to be out in early January.

Sorry, there's no screenshots or totally new things to unveil at this point.  However, for those of you waiting for the updated Semper Fi campaign I can give you a link to that ahead of the patch:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-s36ce82ef1f04dbfb

This fixes the dependency on NATO by removing some Syrian AAA assets that were accidentally included.  Work on overhauling the other CMSF1 campaigns is going well and I hope we can release at least one in January, possibly two, with the other two to follow in February.

Merry Whatever!

Steve

16 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Thanks for Posting this Update, Steve, and a Merry-X-Mas to You, Family, and Crew 🙂

Joe

36 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

And a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and etc. to all you fine folks out there in the midst of the holidays.  It's a great time of the year where one can eat 7 year aged Quebec Cheddar cheese without thinking about how expensive properly aged cheese is.  OK, it still is a thought in my head, but DAMN is that good stuff.

As tradition has it, this is a day when a bone or two gets tossed under the tree or what not.  Traditions are a fine thing, so despite the Belgian ales I will prevail in continuing it!  However, I'm going to save something for the other tradition and that is the New Year's bone posting.  Without further ado...

We were rushing to get a number of things done for you all before the Christmas crunch hit.  Two things ALMOST got done in time, but really do need a little more time before being released.  They are:

• CMSF2 v2.01 Patch - contains a couple of significant fixes, a bunch of nice tweaks, and the updated Semper Fi campaign that doesn't require NATO
  • Game Engine 4 patches for CMBN, CMFI, CMRT, CMBS, and CMFB

As it looks right now, CMSF2 v2.01 will be out sometime later this week or early next week without question.  The coding and artwork fixes are all in and as they should be, but we didn't have a chance to test the installers without getting in the way of last minute gift wrapping and eggnog purchases.

The Game Engine 4 patches contain oodles of fixes to small stuff, TO&E tweaks, and the much awaited TacAI fixes to address guys buggering out of cover when they shouldn't.  These are pretty much done, but need more testing before we are absolutely sure they're all ready for prime time.  We expect these in to be out in early January.

Sorry, there's no screenshots or totally new things to unveil at this point.  However, for those of you waiting for the updated Semper Fi campaign I can give you a link to that ahead of the patch:

This fixes the dependency on NATO by removing some Syrian AAA assets that were accidentally included.  Work on overhauling the other CMSF1 campaigns is going well and I hope we can release at least one in January, possibly two, with the other two to follow in February.

Merry Whatever!

Steve

Thank you Steve to take time to send us the last update, when you could only enjoy  Christmas, I will enjoy for sure the awaiting  patch for all CMs modules...in advance good job to you and your staff...happy Christmas and New year for you and your family...now a lot of questions will awaiting you on the forum...be aware about!!  ;)

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours. And a happy holiday to all. Looking forward to a glorious New Year for Battlefront and all the wonderful folks on this forum. Be save, peace to all and to all a good night.

7 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

As I emailed you yesterday, Steve, this link appears to me to lead to a PC only file that I cannot open on my Mac. Just thought you and others should be aware. Have a very merry Christmas and heartfelt thanks to you and the crew for working so hard to get everything out to us.

Michael

32 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

As I emailed you yesterday, Steve, this link appears to me to lead to a PC only file that I cannot open on my Mac. Just thought you and others should be aware. Have a very merry Christmas and heartfelt thanks to you and the crew for working so hard to get everything out to us.

Michael

It's a zip file.  MAC not recognize zip? 

36 minutes ago, Wicky said:

??

.cam is the campaign file once unzipped  it goes into Game Files > Campaigns

Maybe the problem then is that I don't have the game files for SF2 yet. I purchased it when it was first announced, but received no link where I might DL it. The getting and installing process for CM games, especially for Mac users it seems, while improved is still cumbersome at times.

Michael

"Maybe the problem then is that I don't have the game files for SF2 yet. I purchased it when it was first announced, but received no link where I might DL it. "

?? Have you installed the full game or just the demo?

If you've bought the full game and installed it it could be like CM Black Sea - You need to right click or alt-apple the CM game .app file to show the Show Package Contents to bring up the: Contents > Resources > Game Files > Campaigns

screenshot_1180.jpg

screenshot_1179.jpg

Edited by Wicky

37 minutes ago, Wicky said:

?? Have you installed the full game or just the demo?

Just the demo. As I said, when the full game was released, I was not sent a link to where I could DL it, and a search of my order page in the store turned up nothing. Which leaves me wondering if the store thinks I meant to order the disk only when I specified both DL and disk.

Michael

Sounds fishy. I predict that if you contact support you be able to find the link and get playing.

Regarding.cam files: oh man that gave me a smile. There is a windows installer that uses .cam files for its compressed files. I never even connected those dots until your post.

In combat mission the .cam files are the campaign files.

Edited by IanL

2 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Just the demo. As I said, when the full game was released, I was not sent a link to where I could DL it, and a search of my order page in the store turned up nothing. Which leaves me wondering if the store thinks I meant to order the disk only when I specified both DL and disk.

Michael

You can't install the campaign file into the demo - when you get the full game then plonk em in using the way I outlined above if the full game installer hasn't already been patched.

On 12/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michael Emrys said:

Yep, that's about the way I figured it. I guess in a few days it'll all get straightened out. But cheers for giving it your best shot, Wicky.

:)

Michael

Didn't you get an e-mail when you pre-ordered? I think others said their download link is in that mail. I didn't preorder, but also the only download link I got is through e-mail (not in 'my orders'). I don't think this will straighten itself out, you could have been playing all along Christmas! 😉 

11 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Didn't you get an e-mail when you pre-ordered? I think others said their download link is in that mail. I didn't preorder, but also the only download link I got is through e-mail (not in 'my orders'). I don't think this will straighten itself out, you could have been playing all along Christmas! 😉 

Well, a few days ago I was able to load the complete game slick as a whistle. I haven't tried to load the USMC corrected campaign yet. No matter, I'm not in a big hurry.

Michael

8 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Well, a few days ago I was able to load the complete game slick as a whistle. I haven't tried to load the USMC corrected campaign yet. No matter, I'm not in a big hurry.

Michael

Maybe you already installed it and just selected the demo the last time you tried to play it?  I made the same mistake, switching between PBEMs in both :) 
Have a good one!