CM IMO best community and online friends

Sublime

That I ever had.

Firstly Im looking for pbem oppos come one come all - got everything cept Brit module ( always will regret that )

How did I come by that with a record, son, crap job, and all sorts of problems? When I cant justify even spending 5 dollars a pop to up my other titles?

Its because of the extreme generosity of several board members Ive talked to for years who EXTREMELY generously gifted their beta testers final copy to me (Nidan1, RIP, Sburke, mkjerner) and in this case @Lethaface made my Xmas - he upgraded all my CMSFs

I dont post this to brag - its a tad embarrassing but Lethaface refuses any gift back except to keep playing PBEMs and Id like to just point out how utterly kind and generous it is for a guy who lives in Europe, and has never met me, to see my love for the games and spend his hard earned money to let me enjoy my hobby!  Its just utterly generous, benevolent and I cannot thank you enough.

I know Im very divisive and I often upset people and make a fool of myself. I truly wish all of you a Merry Xmas or whatever your beliefs are - and Id like to thank all of you for being here to talk, provide interesting conversations; even unintentionally being a constant in my life when it was all chaos ( literally. I went to jail a few years once and got out now there were smart phones. Most my friends were dead or locked up. My mom was there. And BFC was there. It always was.)

I cant thank all of you enough for well... Being you guys.

Thanks. Yes id love a pbem Sgt. Pm me or email a db to jeffclark1111172@gmail.com

I like probes or attacks because the force ratios are close but you still habe the realism of an attack. Any other way you like it though Id love.

Thanks to you all though - much love and a Merry Xmas

Ok. Its not too complicated. Once u play pbems youll mever look at the game the same. Its amazing. The first game we play we.ll discuss whats going on and ill explaim what im doing. I only habe sf2 in 4.0 but i have almost everything else in 3.0 cept cm:a. Ill evem pbem u in that if u want 

In sf2 ill play uncons vs your choice of blue if u wanna qb itll be easier for sure if you take usmc or us army...  Trust me playong ahaonst a human is sooo much better and soo much more rewarding

Trust me your only regret will be not having a human on hand 24 7 to play once you dip your toes in.  The comp is never the same. No recon by fire. No spraying areas when things are no longer spotted. No operational type reactions ( oh he.s hooking here ill counterattack ) thw AI only can immediately react. Ai plans just give the illusion of reaction that you get with the crappiest human amd even then theyre so difficult to do right - imagine youre basically giving orders for a battle without knowing how itll play out or what the other side will do.

Im not gonna mock you or bash you pal, Id love to bring you into this aspect it completely makes CM worth it 5x over what itd be without.

I can only imagine if I could get DCS multiplayer to work what thatd do to DCS for me. Game runs for but not MP :(

4 hours ago, Sublime said:

I can only imagine if I could get DCS multiplayer to work what thatd do to DCS for me. Game runs for but not MP :(

PM me with your issues with DCS multiplayer. I've only used MP a few times with a buddy, and flown some solos where I can avoid PvP. 

I'm a very good pilot (too much mud on my boots), but I have done some. Also, there are a bunch of folks on this Forum that I recognize from DCS forums. 

Maybe I can help to figure out what the problem is. 

Thx will msg later. But in a nutshell I try to join a server and it just freezes.

It runs on better than average settings on my laptop

Just having the f86 and p51 especially theres not much to do with them. F5 too after awhile. Hell Id even enjoy my huey and mig21 in multi Id pass on the FC3 planes for a bit. Amraams arent as much fun.

3 hours ago, Sublime said:

Thx will msg later. But in a nutshell I try to join a server and it just freezes.

It runs on better than average settings on my laptop

Just having the f86 and p51 especially theres not much to do with them. F5 too after awhile. Hell Id even enjoy my huey and mig21 in multi Id pass on the FC3 planes for a bit. Amraams arent as much fun.

I have those same aircraft. I made an error in my last post to you. I'm NOT a very good pilot.

if you want some really authentic action, give the MP server "Korea 1952" a try. It's that timeframe and is F-86 vs MiG-15. It also uses TF-51s (no guns or aft fuel tank so it's lighter and faster) relabeled as F-51 as a reconnaissance airplane. No own airplane external views (F2, F3, etc) or F10 map. Their philosophy is "If they didn't have it in 1952, we don't either. It also loads with relatively little time because it isn't downloading an extreme number missions or aircraft. Give it a try.

Edited by Vet 0369
Typos

16 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

PM me with your issues with DCS multiplayer. I've only used MP a few times with a buddy, and flown some solos where I can avoid PvP. 

I'm a very good pilot (too much mud on my boots), but I have done some. Also, there are a bunch of folks on this Forum that I recognize from DCS forums. 

Maybe I can help to figure out what the problem is. 

I have DCS world all the modules and quite a few planes as well as a Thrustmaster setup. But I haven't really gotten into DCS World. I used to really be into flight sims starting with Falcon back in the 80s and loved all the Janes stuff. When I do fire up DCS World its usually in the Combined Arms module. I like seeing the action on the map and then jumping into an airplane as a spectator.

Part of the problem is you have to spend a ton of time learning all the buttons to push and with things like Combat Mission, Total War and Steel Beasts Pro-which I'm still learning it hard to sit down and learn DSC World. I know DCS has an arcade mode, but that's too dumb ed down for my taste

I've made a few missions in the Combined Arms editor. I've noticed that when I created Wild Weasel flights to take out SAMs with F-16s armed with HARMS the SAMs always win. Granted the SAMs were some of the more advanced ones.

Is there a place where you can download created Combined Arms battles you can play? Not so much as a pilot flying the plane, but missions where you can just jump to plances and vehicles and watch the action.

A few years ago there were yotube videos posted that showed a Chinese invasion of Taiwan that was made in Combined Arms that was pretty good to watch.

57 minutes ago, db_zero said:

I have DCS world all the modules and quite a few planes as well as a Thrustmaster setup. But I haven't really gotten into DCS World. I used to really be into flight sims starting with Falcon back in the 80s and loved all the Janes stuff. When I do fire up DCS World its usually in the Combined Arms module. I like seeing the action on the map and then jumping into an airplane as a spectator.

Part of the problem is you have to spend a ton of time learning all the buttons to push and with things like Combat Mission, Total War and Steel Beasts Pro-which I'm still learning it hard to sit down and learn DSC World. I know DCS has an arcade mode, but that's too dumb ed down for my taste

I've made a few missions in the Combined Arms editor. I've noticed that when I created Wild Weasel flights to take out SAMs with F-16s armed with HARMS the SAMs always win. Granted the SAMs were some of the more advanced ones.

Is there a place where you can download created Combined Arms battles you can play? Not so much as a pilot flying the plane, but missions where you can just jump to plances and vehicles and watch the action.

A few years ago there were yotube videos posted that showed a Chinese invasion of Taiwan that was made in Combined Arms that was pretty good to watch.

Checkout the "Through the Inferno" servers in multiplayer. I believe they have randomly generated ground missions. Charlie Owl' thread in Guides & Tutorials has a link to his excellent guides for most of the aircraft in DCS. Polaris and Homefries have excellent settings for the Warthog H.O.T.A.S. Polaris' are PDFs that you enter in the options control selections, and Homefries are more powerful settings using the Target software.

Also, the User Files have BasicTank Qualification campaigns for blue armor; Leopard 2, M1A1 Abrams, and Challenger II MBTs. I've been thinking of trying one of them, although, with CMX2 and all the other games I do, I'm not sure I'd ever get to it. Too many games, too little time!

5 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Checkout the "Through the Inferno" servers in multiplayer. I believe they have randomly generated ground missions. Charlie Owl' thread in Guides & Tutorials has a link to his excellent guides for most of the aircraft in DCS. Polaris and Homefries have excellent settings for the Warthog H.O.T.A.S. Polaris' are PDFs that you enter in the options control selections, and Homefries are more powerful settings using the Target software.

Thanks...I'll take a look. I was searching a place to get DCS Combined battles I could play offline, sounds like the random generated ground missions are more for online play.

The tanks in DCS are simplified. If you want a more realistic modern tank simulator Steel Beasts is the way to go. You sound like someone who can afford the hefty price tag for Steel Beasts Pro.

One thing DCS has going for it when it comes to ground vehicles is you can man and shoot the ground based AAA and SAM systems-at least the mobile stuff. The Tunguska is a favorite in CMBS h2h battles and in DCS, if you're willing to take the time to build offline scenarios in Combined Arms you can try it out against aircraft. The ZIPgun ZSU-23 is also playable as are many SAM systems.

I didnt learn the a10c. 

Id highly advise starting with Fc3 all the planes have advsnced FMs but are wat easier to learn but still deeper than most sims. And you get the su25A and a10a ( i prefer em both ) the su27, the jf11, qnd mig29 ( which i adore besides its terrible range ) i can fly the huey rlly well with just a joystivk that I can pivot for rudder well - if you put up with crashes for a month you can do it.

The P51 wasnt hard to learn, its hard to master. The F86 same except for the GAR9 and LABs stuff which Im clueless on.

Mig21 I can do most things but not all - thats definitely worthit ( and Ill kill someone to obtain a copy of the F4 when it comes out,same with the mi24 )

Mig21 also had those fantastic dynamic campaigns first and the only time I got one to work.

F5 was cool and reasonable to learn but lacked content. This was a major issue for f86 and p51. For example there was a f86/mig15 campaign but you could only play it if you owned both planes! Thats it! And as I said I simply cant get the internet to work so besides the awesome Vietnam medevac campaign my huey doesnt get used, my mig21/29 or F5 gets used one every few mnths for a dogfight. The P51 and F86 not anymore. The .50 cal is also so nerfed its ridiculous.

I also reaaaally regret the ka52. Its just not fun and wasnt fun learning. Never use it. My opinion only. Su25t is fun I know most those systems but.. Content.

I got the gazelle which is neat but I could never get into it. I can basically shoot HOT missiles, recon, gun or rocket pods and thats it. Finer points of the systems etc nope. I dont like how twitchy the gazelle is at all, gimme a huey.

I thinj thats all the titles Ive got - cant remember. Hmm.. Last time I loaded up was to look at the new FM for the Mig29, shot down some F15s and quit. Oh and I tried to play multiplaywr to either dogfight with a gunfighter or be that guy using canyons to ambush n00bs with a mig21 or f5. Same issue.

Ive also reallly wanted to simply to SERE (fav huey missions are troop drops/pickups and SERE) and couldnt connect :(

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

I didnt learn the a10c. 

Id highly advise starting with Fc3 all the planes have advsnced FMs but are wat easier to learn but still deeper than most sims. And you get the su25A and a10a ( i prefer em both ) the su27, the jf11, qnd mig29 ( which i adore besides its terrible range ) i can fly the huey rlly well with just a joystivk that I can pivot for rudder well - if you put up with crashes for a month you can do it.

The P51 wasnt hard to learn, its hard to master. The F86 same except for the GAR9 and LABs stuff which Im clueless on.

Mig21 I can do most things but not all - thats definitely worthit ( and Ill kill someone to obtain a copy of the F4 when it comes out,same with the mi24 )

Mig21 also had those fantastic dynamic campaigns first and the only time I got one to work.

F5 was cool and reasonable to learn but lacked content. This was a major issue for f86 and p51. For example there was a f86/mig15 campaign but you could only play it if you owned both planes! Thats it! And as I said I simply cant get the internet to work so besides the awesome Vietnam medevac campaign my huey doesnt get used, my mig21/29 or F5 gets used one every few mnths for a dogfight. The P51 and F86 not anymore. The .50 cal is also so nerfed its ridiculous.

I also reaaaally regret the ka52. Its just not fun and wasnt fun learning. Never use it. My opinion only. Su25t is fun I know most those systems but.. Content.

I got the gazelle which is neat but I could never get into it. I can basically shoot HOT missiles, recon, gun or rocket pods and thats it. Finer points of the systems etc nope. I dont like how twitchy the gazelle is at all, gimme a huey.

I thinj thats all the titles Ive got - cant remember. Hmm.. Last time I loaded up was to look at the new FM for the Mig29, shot down some F15s and quit. Oh and I tried to play multiplaywr to either dogfight with a gunfighter or be that guy using canyons to ambush n00bs with a mig21 or f5. Same issue.

Ive also reallly wanted to simply to SERE (fav huey missions are troop drops/pickups and SERE) and couldnt connect :(

Agree Fc3 is the place to start. I only wish they would remaster the F-15 training videos. Can you still fly the Mig-29 in FC3? I know you could in LOMAC, but I thought it was not flyable in FC3.

If DCS World was available 20 years ago I would have been all over it. Back then I was playing Janes AH-64 Longbow, F-18 and WW2 Fighters. We could only dream of something like DCS World. Now there is so much other stuff to take up to take up your time, not to mention mobile devices and the old fashion stuff where you're not in front of a video screen like fishing and hunting!

Oh man I used to multiplay longbow 2 with my best friend as a gunner on the phone while we used our modems to play campaigns it was awesome.

Yes they upgraded all the FC3 planes new pits new models, graphic and professional flight model. They added the shenyang j11 chinese flanker that can carrier r77s free too. Fc3 also has an su33. Alternately you can buy any one of the planes from the pack for 10 but its so cheap to just buy them all.

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

I didnt learn the a10c. 

My favorites are the Huey (I was NCOIC of the Hydraulics shop in a UH-1E in a USMCR Medivac squadron), F-5, F-86, and the P-51. I have most of the modules, but those are the ones I fly the most. Most of my smoking craters are in the Gazelle until I set my curves to those suggested by Charly Owl. The F-86/MiG-15 Museum Relic campaign is a lot of fun. I believe the designer has modified the campaign so you need only one of the planes instead of both. I think that was actually a bug. Don't bother thinking about the "LABS." It's actually for "tossing" nukes, so it was never used. My buddy's favorite thing to do is to fly the F-5 fast and low with radar off. He has the AWACS guide him to a Red, pops up from underneath until the AIM9s let him know the have the target, fires, and dives back down. Sometimes he uses his guns.

When was the last time you tried to connect to a MP server? ED has worked out a lot of bugs lately. Try one of the "Through The Inferno" servers. They might take a while to connect because of all the data to download, but unless you get a "timed out" message, just hang in there. The Korea 1952 server is very fast to load, and very stable. F-86 and MiG-15 with AI B-29s for the MiGs to shoot down and F-51s and TF-51s for recon and ground attack.

DCS has gone through some major changes over the past year. Give it a look over.

I have all the WWII planes, the Harrier, Hornet, all the helicopters, and everything except the two-seater trainers and the Yak. The Huey  

28 minutes ago, db_zero said:

Agree Fc3 is the place to start. I only wish they would remaster the F-15 training videos. Can you still fly the Mig-29 in FC3? I know you could in LOMAC, but I thought it was not flyable in FC3.

If DCS World was available 20 years ago I would have been all over it. Back then I was playing Janes AH-64 Longbow, F-18 and WW2 Fighters. We could only dream of something like DCS World. Now there is so much other stuff to take up to take up your time, not to mention mobile devices and the old fashion stuff where you're not in front of a video screen like fishing and hunting!

Yup, you can not only fly the -29 in FC3, they've upgraded that plane and others in FC3 to clickable cockpits.

Wow, I wish I had the harrier and F18 I should have gotten them instead of some other purchases. The viggen too. The f14 im gonna have to try to somehow get, and the same with an a6. Ill always remember my dad snaggig family day tickets for officers on the CVN Enterprise in 96. A F14 did a sonic boom and I got to stand on the island tower. A6s dropped concrete bombs on buoys. It was awesome. Only possible because he was stationed at Norfolk as the USAF Nato liason otherwise we.d have never been at the base or near Navy.

My few memories of Germany in the 80s are dominated by the flight lines of USAF bases then - I distinctly remember F4s alot, F15s, F16s, and B52s all taking off or landing. Its probably what got me i to history and gaming.

Most of alllike I said Id want an F4D on a Nam map but Ill take an E :)

Really pumped for the A6 even more than the F14 tbh

the mig19 and mig23 Im really interested in them doing too. The hind is the only helo Id ever want as much as a huey; though Id get a cobra, CH53 or UH60. But helo wise I wanta hind BAD.

my prob with dcs is the terrain.. I just cant afford 50 or 60 dollar planes, 70 or 80 dollar terrain packs, and now really for a lot of servers ( and I get it ) you really need the ai planes and ground equipment for WW2.

I really wish theyd model the Russian GCI method because itd make such a huge difference in how both forces fight - the Redfor shouldnt always have AWACs and rely much more on GCI with the inverse for blue.

Museum Relic at least when released you needed both planes which really made me mad - I asked was told otherwise and not given a refund when I pointed out I only had the F86 and couldnt play it.

Ive tried joining a server as recently as 2 weeks ago. Ill try tooling around more maybe. Im pretty into SF2 now

Edited by Sublime