Will Santa Steve ride tomorrow night?

Throughout the past wargamers all over the world (the groggy, semi-groggy and non-groggy alike) have gathered on December 24th, in a far corner of the internet, to await the arrival of Santa Steve. It is a storied tradition that has been passed from father to son, and son to another son, and that son to his imaginary friend, Jim. For what? at least four years now? So, it's time-honored. Like drunken derelicts in a Mexican whorehouse, a whiskey, beer, (or in Emrys' case, egg nog spiked with ex-lax) in hand, they jostle excitedly to be the first to sight the legendary WaffenKringle of the Great Northern East. For they know, with his arrival come tidings of war and what shape that war will take in the following year. It's the kinda joy that brings a tear to a grown man's eye and divorce papers from that same guy's wife.

However, this December an old friend from the desert landed in a LZ that normally would be abuzz with the cries of "BONES! BONES! BONES!" This friend had lost ten years, and gained ten pounds, and looked like a million bucks! Seemingly sated and awash in desert badassery most have turned their attention to blowing the crap out of Syrian crewed T-72s or RPGing a Leopard or three. So, it begs the question, with our old friend to keep us knee deep in cordite and the WaffenKringle elves busy as only WaffenKringle elves can be, will Santa Steve ride tomorrow night? Will all the good little wargamers gather in the hopes that Santa Steve soon will be here? Or will it be the year without a Santa Steve? I for one hope to spy him drudging out of the snowy wilderness, brain-in-a-jar in hand, the pockets of his coveralls packed to the brim with CM news and wargaming goodness. But regardless as to whether it happens or not, I am thankful our stockings were stuffed early with SF2. It was a great ending to a very dry year! Here's to killing it in 2019; Russian winters and Brazilian waxings in North Italia!

Merry Christmas, Fellas!!

T6FP3RM.jpg

hp3HB72.jpg

Mord.

P.S. A year ago yesterday. Wow. We made it!!!

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/126131-the-night-before-cm-mas/?tab=comments#comment-1731593

Edited by Mord

2 hours ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Merry Xmas @Mord, may your sense of humour fill these digital halls with laughter for many years!

Thank ya, my Aussie brother! If you run into that dude that punched the Kangaroo in the chops, buy him a beer for me. He's my kinda guy. My cousin tried that crap with a black bear last summer. He had to give up knitting and now writes with his feet. I gotta say his penmanship has greatly improved though. Go figure.

2 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I heard some one shot at Steve in the woods thinking he was Bigfoot.

It was actually Charles after the sixteenth time Steve said I want to add just one more thing to SF2. The Bigfoot part was probably for legal reasons.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, as per Mort's list above.  Last night my family & various folks were talking about best Christmas memories.  I said when I was 7 or 8 and I woke up to the fireplace filled with WW2 german & american soldiers, with halftracks, an 88, etc.  Then today I realized I am STILL playing with army men thanks to the fine folks at Battlefront.  I've got two weeks off work and am plowing through lots of lovely campaigns (having finally reached the point where I can have some success in campaigns).  Currently I am that nasty Pieper fellow, plowing my way through the otherwise lovely town of Stavelot.  SO THANK YOU BATTLEFRONT for bringing back proper Christmas joy to me!   Looking forward to new stuff in 2019.

5 hours ago, danfrodo said:

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, as per Mort's list above.  Last night my family & various folks were talking about best Christmas memories.  I said when I was 7 or 8 and I woke up to the fireplace filled with WW2 german & american soldiers, with halftracks, an 88, etc. 

Did they melt?