IED Minefields

I think I may have discovered why some minefields have become more difficult to spot.  In CMSF, in addition to AT, AP and mixed minefield, there is the IED minefield.  The IED minefield has nothing to do with the wire, cell & radio IEDs.  It seems to be single AT mine.  I think it is hard to detect because it contains only one AT mine.  Since it only has one AT mine there is also less of a chance a vehicle will hit it while crossing.  (I moved infantry at Fast across the minefield many times with no detonations so I believe it is an AT mine. Also it goes to neutralized after one detonation so just one mine.) 

I did some testing with regular engineers and it took an average of seven minutes for the engineers to detect the minefield.  One team of engineers took 30 minutes and never detected the minefield when I stopped testing.  I suspect the opening scenario of the Task Force Thunder campaign as these IED minefields at the opening in the berm.  Since it is a campaign I can't look in the editor to check.  This may explain the behavior about mines that so many players are commenting on.  

Can you use the CM program for splitting up campaigns into individual missions? I don't remember the name of it offhand, but I've used it on my Mac in most of the titles, including CMBS. I downloaded it from the Repository many years ago. It might still be in one of the Misc groups on CMMODS.

4 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Can you use the CM program for splitting up campaigns into individual missions? I don't remember the name of it offhand, but I've used it on my Mac in most of the titles, including CMBS. I downloaded it from the Repository many years ago. It might still be in one of the Misc groups on CMMODS.

Uncam.....AFAIK it doesn't work for CM:SF2 yet, but in theory you could decompile the CM:SF1 version of a campaign and then transfer the various files to CM:SF2 for recompiling. 

Lot of work TBH.

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Uncam.....AFAIK it doesn't work for CM:SF2 yet, but in theory you could decompile the CM:SF1 version of a campaign and then transfer the various files to CM:SF2 for recompiling. 

Lot of work TBH.

I don't remember the name of the one I've used, but I used one to breakout all of the missions from campaigns in CMFI, CMBN, CMRT, and CMBS, but I haven't tried to use it yet on CMFB or CMSF. I'll fire up my Mac in a bit to see what it's called, and to see if it works on CMSF2

Edited by Vet 0369

10 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This program works for unpacking the Task Force Thunder and Semper Fi Syria campaigns. It will not work with the other campaigns because they are not on the v3 or v4 standard. However when the other campaigns are brought up to date for SF2, this program will be able to unpack them then.

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5186

9 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

This program works for unpacking the Task Force Thunder and Semper Fi Syria campaigns. It will not work with the other campaigns because they are not on the v3 or v4 standard. However when the other campaigns are brought up to date for SF2, this program will be able to unpack them then.

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5186

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of. Thank you very much!