No time to play CMSF2 right now. Is there a limit to how long the upgrades will be available?

Sequoia

Not sure what you mean. If it is “hey I own CMSF, will you be eliminating the price discount at some point?”  I expect the answer is no. Steve has never suggested it was a limited time offer. What they did do is stop offering CMSF 1 sales. 

Question to you. Are you crazy? Buy it now!  You want it, you know you do. You can’t live without it! 😁

Yes your assumption is correct, I do own all the CMSF 1 titles, and yes I do indeed want all of CMSF 2 titles and I can afford the $35, but I don't know if I'll even have time to download and install everything until after the New Year. But anyway you've answered the question in that you say Steve had not indicated the discounts were for only a limited time.

I'm looking forward to playing the campaigns again. It seems there have been some new surprises added so it won't just be a replay of the old campaigns with shinier toys.

Oh, I would have the same question. I didn´t bought it yet because I don´t have a PC right now which can run the game properly, only a simple notebook for work.
Buying would be an option, but not downloading. And I have retail version of the base game, don´t have the usual CMSF key for it, so I will need the help of the Helpdesk about it later on.