T-72AV TURMS-T model

melm

is using Kontakt-1 ERA, the same as T-72AV.  I checked the manual. It says T-72AV TURMS-T uses 3rd generation Kontakt-5 ERA, so it should not be the same ERA on T-72AV.

I remember in SF1, T-72M1V TURMS-T(which named as T-72AV TURMS-T in SF2) uses wedge-shape deployed Kontakt-5 on the model. I don't know this model error changes the protection of the tank or not.

Edited by melm

Thanks Mike. I haven't seen any Syrian Civil War photo showing Kontakt-5 either. I used to think that's for balance in SF and SF2. 

If possible, by any chance, I'd like to see T-72B introduced into the game with vehicle module.

Edited by melm

Nah, the Twitter posts are correct, that's a T-72BM (Model 1989).....Unless there's a wind-sensor, in which case it's a BA.  ;)

The B3 has different ERA on the skirts, more sophisticated sights and a different layout of the glacis armour/anti-radiation cladding. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 1 year later...