Sign in to follow this  
BFCElvis

CMSF2 getting a splash screen with just the tank firing in the dark? Here's why.

I've gotten some tickets on the Help Desk where people are getting what they describe as either a back screen or just the Battlefront tanks firing with the black background. This happens when an element (or more) of the Upgrade is not activated. To cure it (or avoid it) follow these activation instructions:

Installation and activation instructions for the Combat Mission: Shock Force 1 Upgrade:

1) Download the game, extract the download and run the game installer.

2) Use the desktop shortcut labeled Activate New Products and enter the key that came with your CMSF Upgrade purchase.

3) Use the Activate New Products shortcut and enter your original Combat Mission Shock Force 1 base game key

4) If have purchased any of the module Upgrades use the Activate New Products shortcut and enter your original Combat Mission Shock Force module key. Repeat will all module keys. 

You can actually activate these bits in any order that you want as long as each piece is activated. It's just the OCD in me that lists them in the order above.

Here's what it looks like:

cmsf2 not activated.jpg

And a big thank you to the guys at the help desk. Went through this to discover that I couldn’t find my license key for base CMSF purchased pre 2008 and so no longer stored on the updated website. Had a very stressful time searching old hard drives. The help desk solved this in a couple of hours. Hoorah. 

On 12/16/2018 at 4:31 PM, CharlieMike24 said:

And a big thank you to the guys at the help desk. Went through this to discover that I couldn’t find my license key for base CMSF purchased pre 2008 and so no longer stored on the updated website. Had a very stressful time searching old hard drives. The help desk solved this in a couple of hours. Hoorah. 

How did you solve it?
Did you get a new key ?
When i reinstalled basegame 1 they told me that the marines module will unlock both basegame and Marines 1, and it did.

With CMSF2 that dont seem to work, and i have the new code i got sent. But i think my Same here, i have the Marines key but not the basegame key = activate success, klick play, stuck with the "tank fire in the dark" screen *keeping my tears back* *sob ;)

Can it be that i bought the update bundle pack?
Cause i dont have the Brits and the Nato.
Only base and Marine.
I think base code will solve it, i hope, i cant afford to expand right now, just update the Base and Marines 25$ Awesome price! (35$ FANTASTIC bargain i must say for that bundle, i wish i had all of them before.)

Edited by NeoOhm

7 hours ago, NeoOhm said:

How did you solve it?
Did you get a new key ?
When i reinstalled basegame 1 they told me that the marines module will unlock both basegame and Marines 1, and it did.

With CMSF2 that dont seem to work, and i have the new code i got sent. But i think my Same here, i have the Marines key but not the basegame key = activate success, klick play, stuck with the "tank fire in the dark" screen *keeping my tears back* *sob ;)

Can it be that i bought the update bundle pack?
Cause i dont have the Brits and the Nato.
Only base and Marine.

I think base code will solve it, i hope, i cant afford to expand right now, just update the Base and Marines 25$ Awesome price! (35$ FANTASTIC bargain i must say for that bundle, i wish i had all of them before.)

Hi NeoOhm,

Yes, Being provided with a new CMSF 1 key solved my problem.

I’d check with the help desk. But I suspect that if you have bought the $35 Big bundle pack, you will need CMSF1 NATO and Brits keys for things to work properly. They may be able to help 🤓. Good luck. 

Hi!

Contacted them yesterday and they responded quick, i guess it is as you say, that i got the big bundle code and therefore it wants me to enter all the bundle codes, but i have only the marines.
So i hope for a cmsf2+marines update code and voila :D
And the extra 10$ is theirs to keep, they make a awesome game and has the best support i ever encountered - always quick, helpful and solves the problems WE often cause, :D ME in this case.
The thing is that i  didn't find  anywhere just there that it say you need the other bundles in the upgrade big bundle, but i should have got it that something was wrong, 35$ is a bit under-priced.
That confused me, maybe i need glasses or less beer when buying :D

When i compared with the other bundles it said that you needed the others, this just mentioned the original game - *feel stupid now

bigbundle1.PNG

Bigbundle2.PNG

Bigbundle3.PNG

Edited by NeoOhm

Posted (edited)

..and if this "fix" still does not work? I register my games and they show up with green squares in the splash screen, but when i press the play button to start the game the splashscreen disappears, only to reappear a few seconds later as shown above with only the picture. 

Also the registering is not remembered by the app, when i retry i have to register again. 

Edited by pzrshrek

You may want to add an 'exception' within your security software to make sure it isn't interfering with your CM game. It's possible some security software may interfere to the point that things don't work. This MIGHT include interference during the activation process.

What videocard do you have in your computer (assuming this is a PC) ? If this is a laptop, does it only have Intel integrated video or does it have a 'discrete'/dedicated video chip such as some sort of GeForce or Radeon ? With laptops you may need to add the CM game executable to a list of applications to create a 'profile' for it. This typically forces the game to run on the dedicated video, which may alleviate some performance and display problems using the integrated (typically Intel) video.