New Player Ques - Vehicle Move + Inf Dismount

I'm a new player and I'm trying to figure out how to have a vehicle which is loaded with Infantry move to a waypoint and then have the Infantry dismount.  

I can issue the move to the vehicle and at the terminal point I try to select dismount but its not available.

Starting from an IVF and an infantry squad with no movement orders:

If you want your squad to get out when the vehicle gets to a certain point:

1. Give the vehicle movement orders to where you want it to go
  2. Give the infantry movement orders to where you want them to go - but plan those movement orders from the vehicle's end location

The vehicle will move out and when it finishes all its orders the troops will dismount and move off.

If you want your squad and the vehicle to move off in separate directions:

1. Give the squad a dismount order followed by a movement order
  2. Give the vehicle a movement order

The vehicle will wait for the troops to disembark and then the vehicle will move off following its orders and the soldiers will move off following theirs.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I'm having problems with this regarding getting Infantry to exit a bunker. Basically they sit in the bunker until X time (set up) and then move at XX time on order no 2. specified area. However they just sit there. I have reviewed the timings and there are no conflicts, the drop down menu for dismount is selected so the infantry should know to dismount before moving to this area as instructed in the manual for the command to work. Am I missing something? 

8 minutes ago, rtdood said:

I know this is an old thread but I'm having problems with this regarding getting Infantry to exit a bunker. Basically they sit in the bunker until X time (set up) and then move at XX time on order no 2. specified area. However they just sit there. I have reviewed the timings and there are no conflicts, the drop down menu for dismount is selected so the infantry should know to dismount before moving to this area as instructed in the manual for the command to work. Am I missing something? 

Sounds like you are trying to do it in the editor.....Try adding a move order (Passengers Dismount) to the same tile that the bunker they are occupying is in, before the order to move out

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

19 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Sounds like you are trying to do it in the editor.....Try adding a move order (Passengers Dismount) to the same tile that the bunker they are occupying is in, before the order to move out

Sadly no such luck.  

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Hmmm.....Not sure what to suggest.  :unsure:

@MOS:96B2P Any idea how to get the AI to abandon a bunker crewed with an infantry unit?

@rtdood If the times are correct and triggers are not involved is something blocking the AI's path?  Maybe a side of the bunker sunk into the ground so they are unable to exit?   Or a flavor object very close to the bunker door?  Advance is a reliable movement order to test with.  Sometimes units may refuse to Assault if they don't have multiple squads for the bounds required for Assault.  The order location #2 is not in or behind no-go terrain?       

@MOS:96B2PI've tried removing a trench from nearby the Bunker to see if that has any effect and sadly no such luck. All the order locations are on flat land without any obstructions with no flavour objects. I checked the movement commands and set to advance and no luck. I'll have to put it down to a bug I think. 

I've decided to start the infantry unit from the outside of the bunker, with the pretext that they exited the bunker prior to starting their movement commands. Not ideal but this wont break the campaign scenario!  Still, its good to try the AI out ;). Thank you for your input and also @Sgt.Squarehead