I am split between...

I've been busy on 'other stuff' for a long time so its been awhile since I visited CMBN. I just opened the game and am a bit astounded by the sheer volume of content! I'm of course talking aaaaaaaaall the modules and packs. The scenario list just keeps going and going.

Edited by MikeyD

4 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

I don't like the summer colors of Normandy. They are too saturated and bright IMHO.

A word about that. The summer of 1944 was one of the rainiest in Normandy for several decades. Due to the abundance of rain, vegetation did not dry out to the usual summer extent for that region. This resulted in brighter than normal colors on days when it was sunny again, which were still in the majority. Ergo, while what you see in BN may be a bit unusual, it is not really unrealistic or unhistorical. If you don't care for it, that is your prerogative as a matter of taste, but do not suppose that the designers got it wrong.

Michael

2 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

A word about that. The summer of 1944 was one of the rainiest in Normandy for several decades. Due to the abundance of rain, vegetation did not dry out to the usual summer extent for that region. This resulted in brighter than normal colors on days when it was sunny again, which were still in the majority. Ergo, while what you see in BN may be a bit unusual, it is not really unrealistic or unhistorical. If you don't care for it, that is your prerogative as a matter of taste, but do not suppose that the designers got it wrong.

Michael 

Duly noted. I do recall  the ArmA 2 Iron Front DLC shows a similarly lush Normandy terrain. I suppose that is what photo references are for, but this isn't really the topic for that.

IIRC my reasoning for modding the terrain textures was : 1) The drab of the tanks visually matched poorly with the normandy surroundings. 2) I wanted to play the Market Garden "Holland" Quick Battle maps in both Summer and Autumn, and just made  it closer to my view of the Netherlands, which is where I am from.

On 12/16/2018 at 12:02 AM, Kevin2k said:

Duly noted. I do recall  the ArmA 2 Iron Front DLC shows a similarly lush Normandy terrain. I suppose that is what photo references are for, but this isn't really the topic for that.

IIRC my reasoning for modding the terrain textures was : 1) The drab of the tanks visually matched poorly with the normandy surroundings. 2) I wanted to play the Market Garden "Holland" Quick Battle maps in both Summer and Autumn, and just made  it closer to my view of the Netherlands, which is where I am from.

Since I felt the same way about the colours in CMBN I made a little mod for myself, where I simply copied over all the summer textures from CMRT/CMBS over to Normandy, since I didn't like any of the other available terrain mods.

If you are interested, I could upload it to CMMODS.

3 hours ago, Rokko said:

Since I felt the same way about the colours in CMBN I made a little mod for myself, where I simply copied over all the summer textures from CMRT/CMBS over to Normandy, since I didn't like any of the other available terrain mods.

@Kevin2k

Guys, this is what I just whipped up in Reshade without even trying. Imagine what could be done with some real effort. It really is a game changer. I am completely sold on it.

L1OjuPT.jpg

Mord.

The CMFI bundle is my favorite one of them all. No other WW2 title covers the same length of time July 43 to May 44, range of weather, hot and dry to cold and snow, terrain variety, flatter agricultural land to steep mountains, or range of nations. The upcoming module with extend the title to the end of the war, adding even more variety. 

3 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

The CMFI bundle is my favorite one of them all. No other WW2 title covers the same length of time July 43 to May 44, range of weather, hot and dry to cold and snow, terrain variety, flatter agricultural land to steep mountains, or range of nations. The upcoming module with extend the title to the end of the war, adding even more variety. 

Yes, Ridaz, CMFI + Gustav Line may be a better choice with it's all year Weather Options & Equipment...Just go spring for it  :-)

Edited by JoMc67

33 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

What's that supposed to be, sunset?

Michael

Yeah, think I will stick with the Stock Mods over this colorized 'Movie Mode' version :-(

However, Mord, did mention there is a lot more you can do with this Reshade Program...But, still not for me.

Edited by JoMc67

45 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

What's that supposed to be, sunset?

Actually it was early morning (9am). But the point is that the shaders can change the color balance easily with only a few clicks. Beats renaming BMPs or messing with saturation in Photoshop.  It's one example of 5000 combos you could come up with simply making a couple clicks in real time. If I had left out the sepia it would've probably looked even better. The shaders even have levels you can tweak if you want to, to finely adjust the effects they produce.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

28 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Yeah, think I will stick with the Stock Mods over this colorized 'Movie Mode' version 😞

You REALLY should try it out. It's way beyond Movie Mode or throwing mods into the folder. AND that's coming from a modder! You can tweak the settings as much or as little as you like. Your shader setup can be even more personalized than your actual mod folder. The pics you have seen are just everyone elses personal likes, yours can be completely different all by clicking! Seriously, you are doing yourself a disservice ignoring it. It will change your gaming!

AMeKBLl.jpg

Mord, Church of Reshadetology.

Edited by Mord

21 minutes ago, Mord said:

You REALLY should try it out. It's way beyond Movie Mode or throwing mods into the folder. AND that's coming from a modder! You can tweak the settings as much or as little as you like. Your shader setup can be even more personalized than your actual mod folder. The pics you have seen are just everyone elses personal likes, yours can be completely different all by clicking! Seriously, you are doing yourself a disservice ignoring it. It will change your gaming!

AMeKBLl.jpg

Fine..."All Hail Mordism' :-0

2 hours ago, Mord said:

great.  Another freakin cult   :D