Reshade Presets for share?

Do you also have the problem with reshade that it messes up the main or loading screen of CMSF 2?

Reshade does some weird stuff when the game is computing its turn or in a game file load screen. Haven't noticed any improvement in the different versions released over time but it's a minor problem compared to the visual improvements it makes to the game.

The attached is what I'm using at the moment. Minimal FPS hit on an old gaming PC using an ATI graphics card. In game, turn off AA and turn on Shaders. AA is best delivered by your (hopefully modern) video driver and you don't need the in game AA slowing things down.

I think you'll have access to the depth buffer if you're using an Nvidia card which will allow more shaders to be effective.

If you have the FPS cycles to burn, try the Ambient Light shader which I'm not using the CMSF2 but I do for CMBS/CMBN. Also, set a key to toggle effects which may be  Shift-F3 as a default. As @PIATpunk stated, it's easier to toggle off when you're in the main menu and will allow you to make selections.

It doesn't take long to experiment and everyone has different tastes. Mine are middle aged eyes and a slow system. There is no one size fits all. Start with a LUT, Curves, any bloom, and whatever else strikes your fancy.

CMSF2.ini

1 hour ago, Howler said:

The attached is what I'm using at the moment. Minimal FPS hit on an old gaming PC using an ATI graphics card. In game, turn off AA and turn on Shaders. AA is best delivered by your (hopefully modern) video driver and you don't need the in game AA slowing things down.

I think you'll have access to the depth buffer if you're using an Nvidia card which will allow more shaders to be effective.

If you have the FPS cycles to burn, try the Ambient Light shader which I'm not using the CMSF2 but I do for CMBS/CMBN. Also, set a key to toggle effects which may be  Shift-F3 as a default. As @PIATpunk stated, it's easier to toggle off when you're in the main menu and will allow you to make selections.

It doesn't take long to experiment and everyone has different tastes. Mine are middle aged eyes and a slow system. There is no one size fits all. Start with a LUT, Curves, any bloom, and whatever else strikes your fancy.

CMSF2.ini

Nice! Thank you!