Operation BARRAS - A Company 1 PARA - Sierra Leone September 2000

I originally created this mission for CMSF 1. This version is a minor update to that mission to fix some anomalies identified in the porting process from CMSF 1 to CMSF 2; however, the AI is unchanged and no new plans have been added.

Changes are as follows:

(1). Ditches are reinstated after it had been identified that CMSF2 had converted the originals into wire fences.
(2). Jungle areas now have light and heavy foliage tiles.
(3). The Rokel Creek is now a water feature, rather than mocked up with marsh tiles.
(4). LS1 is now an exit objective. Victory Points originally allocated to this objective in the original have now been reallocated to other terrain objectives in order to retain the point balance.
(5). Minor changes have been made to the original briefing to correct an Americanism that had slipped into the original and to reflect the change to the objectives noted above.
(6). Designer’s notes previously included in the main briefing are now in this dedicated document.

Thanks to @Bootiefor unsnarling my issues on posting it at the Scenario Depot.

Grab it here:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/op-barras-cmsf-2/

The original CMSF-1 thread discussing this mission WHICH CONTAINS SPOILERS is here:

Edited by Combatintman

Several minutes in, used the trenches to approach rather than through the trees on the right of the LZ (was about 15 minutes in on the old version).  We’ll see how things work out this way.

By the way, the troops jump over the invisible, now non-existent fences, into the trench! I wonder if that ghost effect happens on other maps where the trenches had turned to fences, then were changed back to trenches.

Also, the troops move along “in” the trenches—pretty neat to finally have a decent ditch type to use. It’s a shame that can’t be applied to the WWII games.

24 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Several minutes in, used the trenches to approach rather than through the trees on the right of the LZ (was about 15 minutes in on the old version).  We’ll see how things work out this way.

By the way, the troops jump over the invisible, now non-existent fences, into the trench! I wonder if that ghost effect happens on other maps where the trenches had turned to fences, then were changed back to trenches.

Also, the troops move along “in” the trenches—pretty neat to finally have a decent ditch type to use. It’s a shame that can’t be applied to the WWII games.

I have actually seen this in other ditches so I am not sure it is an issue so much of them having been fences as much as what the game thinks a ditch is.  :P  and yeah would have been neat to have these for MG......oooh Charles...….

Edited by sburke

@Combatintman just started playing this scenario, about 20 minutes in.  Have taken objectoves V and Z so far with 1st platoon and took 4 casualties in the process.  2nd and 3rd platoons are coming up for the assault on objectives W, X, and Y.  Will probably send 3rd platoon to scout ahead at U.  Having great fun with it so far.  Those 51mm mortars are very handy for some quick smoke to cut sight lines before moving.  Thanks for posting this! 

Edited by homewrecker

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

Just don’t get stacked up in a building when the RPGs start flying, homewrecker, lol!   I’m enjoying it too, Combatintman.

2 of those 4 casualties were from RPGs on approach and after I had begun laying fire on a building that had one of those RPG teams in it.  Being behind the curve on force preservation parameter, will have to be careful. 

Holy sh1t @bocheI think I managed to get at least a couple of guys killed and I know where the enemy is ...

Really pleased you enjoyed it but I am struggling to understand why you didn't get a Total Victory. Did you exit all of your guys from LZ 2?

Anyway, thanks for your comments and thanks for playing it, hopefully I'll get to knock more content out next year than I managed this year.

8 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Holy sh1t @bocheI think I managed to get at least a couple of guys killed and I know where the enemy is ...

Really pleased you enjoyed it but I am struggling to understand why you didn't get a Total Victory. Did you exit all of your guys from LZ 2?

Anyway, thanks for your comments and thanks for playing it, hopefully I'll get to knock more content out next year than I managed this year.

Well im sure it was alot of luck also, about half the casualties where due to RPG hits which could have caused atleast some dead! Im sure I wont be able to replicate it jajaja. And yes I did exit all the guys in time.

3 hours ago, boche said:

Well im sure it was alot of luck also, about half the casualties where due to RPG hits which could have caused atleast some dead! Im sure I wont be able to replicate it jajaja. And yes I did exit all the guys in time.

In which case there's possibly something wrong with the Victory Points, any chance of posting the full breakdown of your end of game screens if you've saved them? If you haven't no dramas, take a Total Victory from me, which is what you deserved to get.

13 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

In which case there's possibly something wrong with the Victory Points, any chance of posting the full breakdown of your end of game screens if you've saved them? If you haven't no dramas, take a Total Victory from me, which is what you deserved to get.

Sure :) here you go:

PS: the uncon green tick is just a friendly bonus of 60, but im sure you know that :P 

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

22 minutes ago, boche said:

Sure :) here you go:

PS: the uncon green tick is just a friendly bonus of 60, but im sure you know that :P 

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks mate, a quick look indicates that your VP ratio is less than 4 which is part of the calculus to trigger a Total Victory - I'll do some more checking later but it does seem that I've got the VP allocation slightly out of kilter.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2018 at 1:55 AM, Combatintman said:

(...)

(6). Designer’s notes previously included in the main briefing are now in this dedicated document.

Hey there, I might have a palmface moment here but I can't find the dedicated document. Could someone point me to it?